Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 27-03-2015, 03:33 PM
Knower
A thought on the source of Psychic/Medium connections.

There’s usually a lot of discussion and belief that we are all spiritually connected with one mind. Many other spiritual terms are used to describe this oneness, universal, energy etc.

If we are all energy, light and a oneness etc could it be a possibility when a psychic/medium or any form of spiritually connecting, believes that they are connecting with spirit, where they give off what they are getting coming through that the connection could be actually coming from the connected one mind that we all could be?

For example; assume we all record and store every minute detail of our life's memories in our mind, irrespective if we may forget these memories as we age, they are still stored away. These memories contain everyone and everything that has ever been in our lives, the holidays, memorable discussions even down to remembering the type of clothing a grandparent wore, or a gift etc, all stored inside.

So when a psychic/medium picks up say a father figure and when the sitter spent some time with him at a lake house, and says ‘your father says thank you for the book he received on that day’, could be connecting into the energy of the oneness picking up the stored memories, conversations and images etc from the sitters mind?.

Could it be possible that the person wanting to do the reading silently goes within, opens their mind then could ‘unknowingly’ be tuning in to the mind and memories of the person seeking a reading? Therefore when feeding back to the sitter that they pick up the images, memories of the sitter mind and possibly the forgotten ones as well.

I tend to visualize this oneness like a light grid over the world, a sort of bright matrix where from the top of each person’s head a stream of light bounces off the top onto another person head and so one until all humans are connected. That maybe the psychic/medium is really picking up memories off this light stream from the person in front of them.

Yet more so that the psychic/medium would not really know if this is the actual way that they are connecting when picking up information or that they believe it is spirit? and the sitter wouldn't know if the feedback was coming from their own mind? 'How could you know for sure'?

Just a thought that I have pondered over for a while now and felt this forum could be the best place to share my exploring and inquisitive mind.

I wonder what everyone thoughts are?. Apologies if my thoughts may seem confusing, but I hope you get my exploration.
Old 27-03-2015, 04:09 PM
Master

This idea has been brought up in a book I read and i have asked myself this but anyway the mediums I have seen have the actual person with them or their energy. Maybe others connect to a pool of energy and dont have the actual person with them? When my twin soul comes to me it is really him with his energy, thoughts, feelings and "light" body. We interact and merge energy. The connection is individual and alive or live. I knew his energy from when we were together when he was incarnated. For me that is really him and not just collected consciousness. What are your beliefs? Are you thinking that individual spirit do't actually exist? There is this person though that has a web site about spirit guides and actually thinks that they are not individuals at all but a collective consciousness. Not sure I buy that though.
Old 27-03-2015, 05:04 PM
Knower
I believe that while we are living within a body primarily driven by the ego states we can never obtain truth. We have no frame of reference to validate our experience against in this reality.

The ego personality will be forever asking and seeking, without a satisfactory answer the ego state can only create its own reality while inhabiting a body.
That all truth will be known once the body dies and the ego is dispersed. I'm probably going off topic here into spirituality realms.

But in general how many times people have experienced what someone else was thinking? ‘Oh I was just thinking that!’ or ‘I was about to say that’ or ‘I just had that same picture in my mind’ or 'I felt that too' etc

In times like these makes me wonder if this is how psychics/mediums etc maybe getting their information from yet maybe totally unaware that they are connecting in this way?

You had mentioned ‘The mediums you saw have the actual person with them or their energy’ and about your twin soul who comes to you, that ‘it is really him’, without a frame of reference to validate your experience how can you be sure? Have you ever had a moment of doubt? To question your experience and if your own mind is creating its own reality because the ego state has not found its true reality, its place of where it was created could never be found.

If we are one consciousness, interconnected, I wonder if the connection of all minds has lead to the ego’s creation of the reality of psychic experiences as a way to try to find its source to reconnect to. In turn connects over the one conciousness matrix within the minds of minds.

Could the answers be truly found on something the ego could never understand. Interesting?

These are mainly my beliefs.
Old 27-03-2015, 07:27 PM
Master

I think if you want answers to things and truly surrender, the universe will provide you with answers. Yes, I had a ton of doubts about what you discuss. But my whole journey with my spiritual awakening was about finding truth, my own truth and trusting it. I feel I got my truth with many synchronicities. Im not sure what you mean about a frame of reference about my twin. Mediums have picked up on what is going on with me and my twin without me saying a word. Its my truth anyway and thats all that matters. For skeptics whatever this energy is, it has provided me with unconditional love and has healed me in enormous ways. This energy responds to my twins name, comes to me when I think of him,knows specific things about my life, and the list goes and on. Another thing is that since my twin has passed away, my psychic abilties keep increasing providing me with even more truth that is indeed him who comes to me.
Old 27-03-2015, 11:31 PM
Knower
I respect each person arrives at a truth that they feel so strongly with. Often a spiritual awakening could cause much turmoil in life until a truth arrives to rest within the emotional voids that remained. So may I say well done for getting to that place of truth for you.

When I referred to a frame of reference it is that we have nothing in reality to validate or compare to that which says everything being experienced through connection is real. It is a belief I hold and respect others have different beliefs.

The faith you hold in your truth does matter and no one should take this from you.

Its wonderful the experiences that you have and I wish that you have many more as you would hope for.
Old 27-03-2015, 11:54 PM
Gracey

Could it be possible that the person wanting to do the reading silently goes within, opens their mind then could ‘unknowingly’ be tuning in to the mind and memories of the person seeking a reading? Therefore when feeding back to the sitter that they pick up the images, memories of the sitter mind and possibly the forgotten ones as well.

"The redheaded pyshic" is what i have been called now for some time and this is exactly what i do. for example i sat in a group of old women celebrating my friends 75th birthday party. i was talking to a 90 year old woman there and as i listened to her with all my focus, i could feel her emotions and hear her words. i felt her being. i said to her " you were a school teacher". she said yes. the people in the room were surprized at how i knew. i never met this woman before and knew nothing of her. i just smiled and i continued to listen to the old woman.
after all the times i have done this over the years, i have been witness to others who found it so fasinating that they themselves have believed in themselves enough to do it too.

as for the dead, i leave them alone unless they come to me and that usually only happens in dreams. like my aunt who came to me and said she will be with her son when he gets a car wreck. 3 days after the dream, he got in a car wreck. so i told him about the dream and he was very happy to hear his mom was with him. then i listened to him talk about her for some time.
Old 28-03-2015, 10:10 AM
Knower
Thank you for sharing your experience Gracey & Vespa68 (Nice picture Gracey)

I worked in circle for a number of years on a weekly basis, circle would contain around 50ish sitters. Often the circle would change as new people came in and some would leave which affected the vibration, this is where I would be guided to see where the link was being dropped.

Giving off readings was like second nature, the amazement on sitters faces became normality, yet I found myself at times wondering why they were amazed? It was when reading became popular the head medium was pushing more readings from me, I was younger at the time, I felt uncomfortable because I felt it became more of a performance than the true nature as I wished to read for.

After a year I left here and found myself at an established spiritualist church on platform giving off readings. This was an excellent place and respected spirit and the connections being picked up. This was where I experienced my first spirit shadowing; I was excited to witness this.

An old lady who was a very experienced medium sort of took me under her wing and brought me on greatly in my development,(She has passed away and gone home from her home in this life sometime ago now) in turn I ended up teaching others to develop their own psychic and medium connections.. Platform was a common event in the end.

One evening a week I would read from tarot, I was surprised as to how popular this was, a few sitters would be in another room and each one would enter after each other for a reading. I felt a real connection with my deck as if it was in tune with me; the energy flow was in line with how I read. They are still with me, safely cloth wrapped away with respect.

I tend not to read as much these days, I know the connection is always there and know how to turn it on and off. I tune in sometimes in a room of people and pick up but tend not to share it.

As with everything in life we move on to enrich our lives and experience new things, looking back I am glad I don’t read as often as I did, I felt ready to move on.

One significant thing though I would say that made the decision for me to move on was the day I found myself questioning where I was at and what I was doing, I internally stood back and looking from the bigger scheme of things and said “ What’s the point of all this? How are these people truly benefiting in the bigger scheme of their life and the path they follow? What is it that I unconsciously need from reading each week?”

Amongst other reasons for people seeking guidance and connection through readings I understand the need to seek loved one’s that have passed over, the grieving process that draws one to seek the other passed away from this life, in some way to help ease the pain and leave the emptiness of a home without their presence.

The contentment, peace and relief that sitters go through when something is validated to them regarding their loved ones and to know that they have crossed over to a wonderful home, safe and happy.
Others come to find proof that there is life after death, others have a complete fear of dying and looks towards a connection in turn helping their anxiety about death.

For whatever the reasons, there is always a need for the purpose reading offers. If that means easing the pain for a while of the sitter is well worth the time given. Eventually the sitter will exhaust this seeking to seek other forms of assistance towards their internal turmoil. That’s Life.

If I had to offer one piece of advice for anyone wishing to read it would be to learn to first get your own ego out of the way,period! this can be one of the main factors affecting a connection. Also remember that the ego itself is seeking its existence, it doesn't know to where it came from. Hence the seeking and the places you may find yourself in.

"You are simply a channel for the sitter, read with all the love and compassion in your heart, the ego must be silent"

I believe I have grown much more by moving away from a mediumship season to experience a more profound enrichment and awareness of the bigger scheme of life. Exploring truth leads to exploring questions most may avoid or find uncomfortable, it challenges the place and reasons where we all currently reside.

As in all things, once we become filled with that season, the need and purpose if filled, we move on to further growth. The post I started was to explore the possibility of this connection based on the spiritual view of the oneness, consciousness that we all are in turn connecting into the mind of another. A discerning of what is psychic, spirit and mind connections or even ascended guide of light.

"I don’t wish to disturb the foundations of anyone’s tower (Just now thinking of the tower card of change), yet if we never drop the drawbridge, the tower would be all that we would know as still the wonders of the world awaits our discovery".

Take Care
Old 28-03-2015, 02:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
I respect each person arrives at a truth that they feel so strongly with. Often a spiritual awakening could cause much turmoil in life until a truth arrives to rest within the emotional voids that remained. So may I say well done for getting to that place of truth for you.

When I referred to a frame of reference it is that we have nothing in reality to validate or compare to that which says everything being experienced through connection is real. It is a belief I hold and respect others have different beliefs.

The faith you hold in your truth does matter and no one should take this from you.

Its wonderful the experiences that you have and I wish that you have many more as you would hope for.

Thank you for your words. I think with a spirital awakening the ego dies and that is what is so painful. As the ego dies, psychic abilities open up and the truth becomes more and more apparent. Its a beautiful pattern actully. I think we can know an inner truth that is connected to a universal truth. As for a frame of reference I guess you would mean a spiritual circle where everyone would be getting the same information which does happen in fact.
Old 28-03-2015, 03:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus

I tend to visualize this oneness like a light grid over the world, a sort of bright matrix where from the top of each person’s head a stream of light bounces off the top onto another person head and so one until all humans are connected. That maybe the psychic/medium is really picking up memories off this light stream from the person in front of them.

Yet more so that the psychic/medium would not really know if this is the actual way that they are connecting when picking up information or that they believe it is spirit? and the sitter wouldn't know if the feedback was coming from their own mind? 'How could you know for sure'?

Hi,

I have heard it said that the human was created in the image of God. The human has a DNA field of awareness where every strand of DNA knows it place within the whole. Stem cells are created where they are needed as if the body functioned as one awareness.

What if what we call spirits, our self included, are pieces of God that function from one all aware presence or field. Then each spirit being would represent the universal awareness.

These things can not be proven to the intellect as I understand it. When would our own mind represent the universal understanding and when would it be an individual thought?

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/