Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 28-12-2021, 10:47 AM
asearcher

Do you include your partner in your spirituality?

I am keen to learn how other people who are spiritualists share their experience with their respective boyfriend, girlfriend, partner etc? Are they included in it? Do you feel you can talk about such matters to them, about the other side, higher self, past lives, paranormal experiences, what ever is close to your heart and more?

I have mostly felt confined. My luv did not believe in any of that before. Even as we came to live in a "haunted home", he had his own tactics on how to deal with that. He comes from a family where they mock religion/s and spirituality and anything paranormal. Nothing had ever happened to him before we came to live in that "haunted home". I could see him get startled at first to then try to regain control.

I have been afraid to connect to a spiritual church as I don't want to give him reason in future ahead to point at that and claim I am unstable for searching for answers or believing in something. I have deliberately shut him out of this interest I have. The way I used to think about it was that he had his interests, and I had mine, and we really didn't discuss them, nor share them.

This fear of mine comes from the past. First time I heard a threat of his was in the car, as driving along and we were listening to a radio program and our daughter was a baby, with us, and on the radio the subject was about cheating. Suddenly he tells me if I was to do that he would fight for solo custody. We had not even been arguing before. I had no intention to leave him. I thought we were happy. Further ahead he would make the same threat. I asked him to explain himself as I was getting angry too considering how important I value my role as a mom and if he had any complaints about me as a mom I rather he say that instead of that threat of his. He apologized and said he thought I was a good mom.

We've had it stormy the last part of the relationship, split up, reconciled. We try to move forward. Is there a chance, though, if we do split up - that this - my spirituality is something he can bring to the court's attention and it won't be in my favor? That would be really bad then, as I can't imagine going through a custody battle or even potentially loosing custody.

In my past I have two failed relationships, one with a good heart but unfortunately also someone who drank too much, over time, but as crazy as it sounds I was not unhappy with him. The other relationship was with a man later described to have been a psychopath. I was very unhappy with him, but trying to keep it a secret. Both these men noticed things about me about the spirituality, but whilst the good guy (not the psychopath) tried to open me up more to it and talk about it, the psychopath for sure frighten me to say anything about it. He would instead punish me his style. Even if they both caused the break ups they would later not easily let me go, as confusing as that may be, and would shift from hot to cold etc. I know, thus, the difficult time that can follow after a break up, and it is a fear of mine that it will result in a custody battle, as that would be just typical.

It has been suggested that we talk and do things more together, for us to become more close, and to share each other hobbies, interests. One part of me wants to, but another is not so sure (I've already "endured" several sport games and had to try my hardest to become enthusiastic, he mostly felt sorry for me, LOL). We have other things in common and to talk about.

How does it work for you? Is there a chance it can be used against you? Have that happened? Or do you feel safe sharing?

Last edited by asearcher : 28-12-2021 at 10:40 PM.