Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 10-02-2017, 08:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Just this as it is right here and now and I can find no way to describe this/it other than to say, "My, how ordinary!"
Whew! I've spent so many years looking for and expecting to some day find Enlightenment, emotionally high states, Wisdom, Esoteric and Psychic abilities and actions, Mindless Wonder, Endless Samadhi, Profound out of body experiences, visions, magical Yogic abilities and on and on all because of ****. I had read in "mystical" books! LOL and now it turns out to be JUST THIS! Oh well............

I loved reading your responses to Sky's post.

I just wanted to reflect through your mention of ordinary.

How the extraordinary nature that we are, can lead itself back to "understanding" the ordinary (which you mentioned) and how it is such an important part of self discovery and self awareness... And here in this place called life, we get to experience ourselves through the many ways of life, where it then allows us to explore and know all this, that even as "life itself" already is, we learn how it is and how it and we can be. That life is a wonderful adventure, of itself much like ourselves....We cannot know until we know, so the findings, seeking, exploration support us to understand and know all this.... So all those points of engagement in all that we do support the whole unfolding in more ways than just ourselves alone..In giving life to us the constant recreation of ourselves aware moving through life support the whole unfolding of life and creation in the way we are aware, which is a beautiful thing..

Thankyou for sharing you..

Sometimes true self threads can be focused on what it is the true self rather than showing who you are as the true self.. I could see you as bright as a star reading through your sharing.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 11-02-2017, 12:16 AM
Deactivated Account
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
I loved reading your responses to Sky's post.

Thank you. At 12 step sharing meetings, I learned to speak for and about my self and my own, actual experiences rather than make speeches, quote others or from books, offer theories and speculation, be HONEST and KEEP IT SIMPLE.

Quote:
How the extraordinary nature that we are
For me, there is no "we" nor is there an "extra9d8ha6ry" anything. There is just what is, here and now. I could label it "extraordinary" and apply it to some "we" but I see all of this as simply what is or an Appearance that might be seen as "extraordinary" and belonging to a "we" or "someone". It's just Infinity appearing as this impersonal, lovely and lovable ordinariness - to and for NO ONE. It's a mystery!.
Quote:
self awareness...
I would now say that there is no such thing as "self awareness" - just Awareness (appearing to be a "self", life, we, a place, us, I, etc.).
Quote:
And here in this place called life, we get to experience ourselves through the many ways of life, where it then allows us to explore and know all this, that even as "life itself" already is, we learn how it is and how it and we can be.

Replace all of those words like: life, we, ourselves, us and all references to something personal and replace them with impersonal terms like: Source, All, the Absolute, god, Wholeness, the One, Oneness, Infinity, Divinity, the Self and then much of that comment might make more sense from the Absolute or Ultimate perspective.

Quote:
Thankyou for sharing you..
Thank y0u for sharing. One day at a time and god bless Bill W.!

Quote:
Sometimes true self threads can be focused on what it is the true self rather than showing who you are as the true self.
There is only the True Self appearing as:you, me, us, we, them, they, I, etc.

Quote:
I could see you as bright as a star reading through your sharing.
I love you too.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:50 AM
Suspended
I tell a story that may overthrow Buddha's theory of no soul. When my father-in-law was dead and we(a group of 50 Christians) praying for him. My third eyesight saw him sat up to pray at the same time and sleeping back to his corpse when we quit praying.

And he asked me to bring him to my paradise that I created for my Cupidson family. But I brought him to the heaven in the universe to stay with all the purely formed Gods. Once, I wanted to see him there and calling him to met me. He brought me to a far distance just not to be noticed by others who staying there. And we chatted.

So unless we can see or feel(I can touch them by human hand that's they'rein solid|physical form) them then we will always think that human is non-self or no soul. I can see, touch, smell, listen and I've married Goddesses as my wife. They're real. All my children can see spiritual realm when they're young -- before thirteen of age. And can see now but with more energy that's easy to get tire.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:06 AM
Deactivated Account
Dear Moderator, please remove post #240 form this thread. I must be tired and posted it twice by mistake. I'd take it down but don't know how.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
Thank you. At 12 step sharing meetings, I learned to speak for and about my self and my own, actual experiences rather than make speeches, quote others or from books, offer theories and speculation, be HONEST and KEEP IT SIMPLE.

For me, there is no "we" nor is there an "extra9d8ha6ry" anything. There is just what is, here and now. I could label it "extraordinary" and apply it to some "we" but I see all of this as simply what is or an Appearance that might be seen as "extraordinary" and belonging to a "we" or "someone". It's just Infinity appearing as this impersonal, lovely and lovable ordinariness - to and for NO ONE. It's a mystery!.

I would now say that there is no such thing as "self awareness" - just Awareness (appearing to be a "self", life, we, a place, us, I, etc.).

Replace all of those words like: life, we, ourselves, us and all references to something personal and replace them with impersonal terms like: Source, All, the Absolute, god, Wholeness, the One, Oneness, Infinity, Divinity, the Self and then much of that comment might make more sense from the Absolute or Ultimate perspective.

I love you too.
Hi Jimrich,
I enjoyed your recent posts and I'd like to ask you a question. As much as there is one....there is many. As much as it is impersonal....it is uniquely experienced. As much as there is love....there is special bonds with those closest to us. There are favorite foods, likes and dislikes of many kinds.
Do you, like me, relate to a personal uniqueness awareness as well as an impersonal oneness experience?
If so, maybe it's not about being impersonal or dropping words like "we". Maybe it's just all apart of what is and it's a beautiful mystery.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:49 AM
Deactivated Account
Expression

Self, I took the time to look you up so I'd have an idea who I am responding to:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...04&postcount=1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Self
Hi Jimrich,
I enjoyed your recent posts and I'd like to ask you a question. As much as there is one....there is many.
I'd say it's One appearing as "many" so it's still just One (non-duality).

Quote:
Do you, like me, relate to a personal uniqueness awareness as well as an impersonal oneness experience?
I currently believe that Nothing or the Absolute, manifests or appears as all that there is including personal and impersonal things and conditions, etc.

Quote:
If so, maybe it's not about being impersonal or dropping words like "we". Maybe it's just all apart of what is and it's a beautiful mystery.
I agree.
I like your posts: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...87&postcount=1
Old 11-02-2017, 02:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Self, I took the time to look you up so I'd have an idea who I am responding to:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...04&postcount=1

I'd say it's One appearing as "many" so it's still just One (non-duality).

I currently believe that Nothing or the Absolute, manifests or appears as all that there is including personal and impersonal things and conditions, etc.

I agree.
I like your posts: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...87&postcount=1

Thank you sir, I appreciate your response and your energy.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you. At 12 step sharing meetings, I learned to speak for and about my self and my own, aal experiences rather than make speeches, quote others or from books, offer theories and speculation, be HONEST and KEEP IT SIMPLE.

Good for you in your process and experience to find your own simplicity of being you. In my awareness of honesty and simplicity I value the truth and untruth as a deeper awareness of myself aware. I value the complexity and simplicity as one source of my deeper awareness, all the while knowing that the whole is not discriminative in its expression. That really is the human mind that decides how things should be to fit what it sees as more important than another way. All ways can build awareness.

Quote:

I like my use of descriptive words. So for me we is an inclusive awareness that I use to describe a deeper relationship in myself aware. So I am using the term to describe the awareness of all life in myself that can be anything within the whole expression of the one. For me there is no mystery in the creative expression of the one choosing its own personal piece. The uniqueness of each piece is as important to the whole awareness as it is to its own individuation. In the infinite ways of being each piece unique to the whole, I allow the mystery to reveal to me the richness of all life through the many views we can notice and be aware. If our appearance on this earth was only to experience ourselves as infinity alone, gosh it would be a boring one sided view..
Quote:

Being self aware it has shown me how to be aware of myself and awareness so yes I agree it can be viewed either way.

Quote:

Where you are looking speaks of itself looking, where one chooses to notice and wants to be noticing in the whole awareness spectrum. I am aware of myself looking at you speaking from your view and where I am focused speaking when I do. So I have no reason to have you replace anything you are focused on or see as you experience things.. My creation might make more sense if I change myself to fit your view, but I do prefer to be myself anywhere along the whole spectrum of my own awareness...And of course let you be you. All the while knowing that the interconnectedness and wholeness is more aware of itself complete and others too and so it just observes you in this way..

We are all in this together as one source moving through the whole. I see it all serves the whole unfolding of life itself.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
I love you too.
- ...Love works if that is what you feel when you notice what I see you as...I was feeling it more as radiating joy in me, a high energy connecting to itself in the wonder of its own findings for itself... Which some might interpret as love if that is what they felt themselves in return.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 11-02-2017, 07:40 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
... Thus, the physical body, feelings, thoughts, impulses, and ordinary consciousness are labelled as "non-Self" or "non-Soul" (anatman)....

Most Buddhists stop here and preach this as the highest truth about selfhood.
And they are right. Why? Because what you call 'true self' is exactly 'the physical body, feelings, thoughts, impulses, and ordinary consciousness', i.e. the skandhas, i.e. the product/fabrication of those skandhas not being inherently different from themselves.
When you are affirming 'true self' you are affirming the play of [your] skandhas which is rightly called 'non-self' and this affirmation of yours is itself this play. Thus you are grasping the skandhas as 'self' althought they are non-self.

Really ... when there is nothing that can be found when looking for 'the self' why call this non-findability 'true self'? It is like going into an empty shop and asking 'What do you have to sell?' and after the shop keeper has answered 'Nothing.' saying 'Ok, then please give me some of that nothing.'
Old 12-02-2017, 02:15 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I found this interesting article over the weekend, some might enjoy it....or not
I'm not "enjoy" or "not enjoy" it. There are many articles like this in internet and many of them are incorrect. For an example,
A soul/eternal self and the true self, both of them are different. Just because a soul/eternal self and the true self are something 'eternal', the author interpreted both of them are same.
The other one is, when he said that most Buddhists will say there was no soul/eternal self in Buddhism, and true self in Buddhism are diametrically opposed to what we normally think of as "ourselves". One using general understanding, but the other one use 'special' understanding. So.. whether the answer is yes or no, Buddhist's answer will labeled wrong or not understand.
And the true self can not be interpreted as true soul. The closest right meaning of the true self is the one's own true nature.

These days, articles written by someone who only studied Buddhism and have an academic title are more reliable than articles from someone who didn't have an academic title but have followed Buddhism his whole life