Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 19-08-2016, 04:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
As Im learning more about Buddhism I am finding it is very well set out and is filled with spiritual seeds of its own, these spiritual seeds are also in my culture, they may not be exactly the same but as we say for jokes "near enough is close enough". The 8seeds that we refer to is the natural gifts a person has from interpreting hidden messages, interpreting dreams, interpreting a certain message in a cultural dance, nurturing children, giving, being able to bring back a message from the past. How to incorporate that message into a modern setting. Our cultural identity which was almost stamped out is a seed, making people laugh is a seed. And many other such seeds which is in every culture religion. I have a seed of my own and that is when I come to a concept someone else is trying to relay to me I sometimes have to screw it into a ball throw it around the room rip it to pieces and see what it looks like in the rubbish bin to see the beauty of it, as my perception allows. Don't ask me where that came from but maybe this song might help understand.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kgJ4SEo5ro0
Sorry my brain has been a little over worked from these interesting links Ive been given and I hope I didn't bring down the high expectation of these Taonga or seeds. All Ive got to say is whatever seed is naturally in a person to fulfil their life's purpose, Its all in the nurturing of them. There's also another Taonga that I am forbidden to speak about sorry. It has to do with such things about knowing how to tell the shape of a particular land mass. I can give hints about it over a long period of time.
For some reason whats taken me most of my life to learn has taken the next generation even less than half the time. I always wondered why Mama always said "slowly but surely boy". Hahaa and with that I got take a bit of a break for at least a couple days. Thanks for the excellent reads I'm sure what I find and agree to will help to water my Natural seeds. Ka kite ano/see you again.

'Taonga'...Treasure, Is that correct ?
Old 19-08-2016, 10:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Well yes there was a reason for giving another perspective and Im sure its there to see. You're not a teacher? I'm with the understanding that we are all teachers and we are all students. This is a good way for the teacher to relearn equality when giving lessons to a particular student/students. When the teacher was a student he/she aspired to be like the teacher and gained oneness with the teacher. Ofc there will be different levels to that oneness as they both grow. While typing this Im thinking "these guys probably already know about this lol"

I am sure it is there as you are showing it.

I just be myself.

What humans attach outside of me really is just what another requires for themselves in life to be and that is not how I always see myself.

I learned to let go of attachments so now days I try not to make myself be something more move myself and deepen my awareness from within as I enter into life and relating to others.

So naturally life itself opens me, deepens me and brings me to be more consciously aware of all that in me.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 19-08-2016, 10:34 PM
Master
"Mistaken, all is mistaken. Six hundred monks under the Fifth Patriarch all understood Buddhism. Only Eno did not understand Buddhism, and he became the Sixth Patriarch."

(Zen Classics, Hekiganroku, Case 87, Page 372)
Old 21-08-2016, 01:58 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
'Taonga'...Treasure, Is that correct ?
Yes that is correct, there are many upon many and treasure is just one of many English words that can be translated which is why I don't like to use English unless I have to. Gift is another, included would be spiritual gifts. I can even call Taonga a seed if I wanted to but treasure is the most common translation.
Old 21-08-2016, 02:50 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
I am sure it is there as you are showing it.

I just be myself.

What humans attach outside of me really is just what another requires for themselves in life to be and that is not how I always see myself.

I learned to let go of attachments so now days I try not to make myself be something more move myself and deepen my awareness from within as I enter into life and relating to others.

So naturally life itself opens me, deepens me and brings me to be more consciously aware of all that in me.
Ah the method of progressive awareness of self, what a beautiful thought. I'm referring to your use of "letting go of attachments" which I now know is part of the Buddhists philosophy of spiritual growth. I wouldn't have known this if I hadn't ventured into this thread. The relating to others is only going to get easier for everyone that has watered their inner self with the fountain of life. I believe that has alot to do with the knowledge of the eight spoke wheel, the understanding of that knowledge and the wisdom to use that knowledge when these three become one. You are right again Life itself opens the door so all one needs to do is to flow with the rhythm/vibration of life as one studies.
I'm certainly hearing you.
Old 21-08-2016, 03:06 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
You has said the things I long/want to say. This is the fact at our discussion about. Our consciousness/the viewpoints/knowledge.... from different sources of Buddhism teaching but generally it's clear in the general discussion without particular regional Buddhism believes.

We all have the same aim to learn more about the philosophy or human mind reactions towards Buddhism but we can't hope your believe has to follow what I knew exactly about. And the source of reference is at an inaccessible truth by you.

So please all of you have to know this fact to avoid less unmatched ideas to cause less dispute in the future. And you may/even not the same of outlook it’s good to discuss or just have to ignore about the differences sometimes. Like my viewpoints are not expecting surely to be answered by all of you because “what I said” can be based on what I saw in the spiritual realm. And it can be not familiar to you.
I thought I had already responded to this post. And I'm going to have to agree we can't always agree on all things spiritual which is why I came to this Buddhist thread to better understand spirituality from a different pov. I can only relate to those I can relate to although I will consider other views. You see I can only interpret a few visions I can't interpret them all at this moment so I only do it seldomly. I won't be doing much of anything until I get a better understanding of this spiritual path. Thanks for your input.
Old 21-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Love your interpretation now see what you think of this..
http://buddhism.about.com/od/sacredb...ft-Parable.htm
Hope you enjoy it
I found it very interesting, I had only one problem when I pushed on a Sanskrit or Pali word I would find myself pages away from where I started and couldn't get a proper bearing but no loss the more I chip away at it the better. I did get this of the four noble truths though. 1) identify the problem 2) identify the cause of the problem 3) issue the solution to the problem and cause.
When this is accomplished one has spiritually matured enough to realise that DOOR to step four is opened, now one can perfect their spirituality on the 8 fold path. As far as I can see this is a very interesting process of spirituality. I haven't studied much of the 8fold path due to being sidetracked by the lack of knowledge of the original words Sanskrit and Pali. I'm confident to be able to speak on this at a later date.
Concerning the 8 spoke wheel in the below link I just wanted to ask if its the original wheel that the Buddha drew or painted?
http://buddhism.about.com/od/thefour...oble-Truth.htm
Much appreciated
Old 21-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Master
Dharma Wheel.

http://www.religionfacts.com/dharma-wheel

It is also used in Hinduism and Jainism so it would not have been drawn by the Buddha.
Old 21-08-2016, 05:28 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
http://www.religionfacts.com/dharma-wheel

It is also used in Hinduism and Jainism so it would not have been drawn by the Buddha.
Thanks, I gotta take some more time off of this forum to dig deeper, I might even learn basic Sanskrit to help me along. I'm hoping that is the language he spoke.
Now concerning Taonga and although Im not a navigator I know that part of the handed down gifts of navigating the open ocean was by the stars another Taonga to navigate was the taste of the water. I know there are others used for navigating but I don't have these Taonga. Well I might do if I decided to go that way. Btw don't believe everything about Maori from the web and if there is anything bad and is true I will accept it warts and all.lol
One Taonga I have and don't know where it comes from like being able to tell a person has bad intentions just by being in their presence. It's still a bit vague and hasn't been developed fully yet.
So before I go when I was reading that link you gave me a couple days ago all I could do while reading it was agree which is why I got a bit carried away with it all. From what Ive seen the Buddha has a beautiful use of the mind. So you take care and I'll be back at some stage.
Old 21-08-2016, 05:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks, I gotta take some more time off of this forum to dig deeper, I might even learn basic Sanskrit to help me along. I'm hoping that is the language he spoke.
Now concerning Taonga and although Im not a navigator I know that part of the handed down gifts of navigating the open ocean was by the stars another Taonga to navigate was the taste of the water. I know there are others used for navigating but I don't have these Taonga. Well I might do if I decided to go that way. Btw don't believe everything about Maori from the web and if there is anything bad and is true I will accept it warts and all.lol
One Taonga I have and don't know where it comes from like being able to tell a person has bad intentions just by being in their presence. It's still a bit vague and hasn't been developed fully yet.
So before I go when I was reading that link you gave me a couple days ago all I could do while reading it was agree which is why I got a bit carried away with it all. From what Ive seen the Buddha has a beautiful use of the mind. So you take care and I'll be back at some stage.

From what I understand the Buddha spoke Magahdi but the Suttras are written in Sanskrit or Pali.

Thanks for the very interesting titbits from your culture, speak soon and you take care....