Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 27-04-2019, 04:41 PM
Experiencer
Dream about aspirating communion

I dreamed I was attending a church service at a megachurch. A woman I used to work with, who has always been deeply religious, was singing in the choir. I was floating above the choir loft and I paused over her when I recognized her. She looked up at me and told me hello and that she was glad I came to the service. I then floated back to a pew and sat down.

The sermon was about marriage and religious teachings about the institution. I am going through a divorce in real life, so I kind of rolled my eyes when I found out what the sermon was about and tuned out. I assumed they would be dissuading people from divorce.

Next thing I knew, they were calling up the congregation to the front row by row to take communion. After everyone took communion, they would say something about what it means to them personally.

When it was my turn, a couple of people went in front of me: I had to be kind of aggressive to get up to the front to take communion. But when I got there, there was no bread (the body). There was only wine (the blood). I picked up my cup and drank it down, but I inhaled it into my lungs instead of swallowing it. So I picked up another and the same thing happened with it. I was coughing a good bit.

When I had finished drinking/inhaling, I had started to walk away and the attendant, who was not a pastor, stopped me and reminded me to say something. I said, “He arose.” She smiled brightly and said, “Oh, very good!” I walked back to my seat and sat down.

Not really sure what this could mean, but it was the most vivid dream I’ve had lately with all the stress I have going on. It felt significant.
Old 29-04-2019, 03:40 PM
Guide
It seems like you might be choking yourself with guilt about your divorce, as if you failed god. Maybe choking on the wine is an indication that you should not wash your emotions down with alcohol. (My trigger, not yours, but just in case)
Old 30-04-2019, 12:22 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwanderer
I dreamed I was attending a church service at a megachurch. A woman I used to work with, who has always been deeply religious, was singing in the choir. I was floating above the choir loft and I paused over her when I recognized her. She looked up at me and told me hello and that she was glad I came to the service. I then floated back to a pew and sat down.

The sermon was about marriage and religious teachings about the institution. I am going through a divorce in real life, so I kind of rolled my eyes when I found out what the sermon was about and tuned out. I assumed they would be dissuading people from divorce.

Next thing I knew, they were calling up the congregation to the front row by row to take communion. After everyone took communion, they would say something about what it means to them personally.

When it was my turn, a couple of people went in front of me: I had to be kind of aggressive to get up to the front to take communion. But when I got there, there was no bread (the body). There was only wine (the blood). I picked up my cup and drank it down, but I inhaled it into my lungs instead of swallowing it. So I picked up another and the same thing happened with it. I was coughing a good bit.

When I had finished drinking/inhaling, I had started to walk away and the attendant, who was not a pastor, stopped me and reminded me to say something. I said, “He arose.” She smiled brightly and said, “Oh, very good!” I walked back to my seat and sat down.

Not really sure what this could mean, but it was the most vivid dream I’ve had lately with all the stress I have going on. It felt significant.

how is communion in a mega church normally?
the cross wasn't like taking communion for Jesus - he suffered and your dream seems to reflect more of the reality of that. i think its a good thing to have dreamed. you said the right thing that he wasn't defeated by what he went through. i see a hopeful message here for you. spiritual renewal maybe in the wine being breathed which no-one ever found easy
Old 30-04-2019, 02:54 PM
Experiencer
Thank you both. I do have guilty feelings about my divorce and while I'm not much of a drinker, I have definitely adopted some other bad habits.

I can see how this might be a hopeful message, as well, and I am grateful for that.