Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 06-04-2015, 02:54 PM
Tao Jones

I'm running a little late so I couldn't read much of the replies, but the Tao IS God. Just not in the personal aspect we've come accustomed to attributing to the word God.

It is God the Father, it the respect that it is the ground of all being. It is the unmanifest in which out of everything comes
Old 07-04-2015, 01:40 AM
Deactivated Account
The Tao cannot be named, even the word Tao isn't true, or God or whatever name you call it, once you label what is, you then have a concept of what is, and the concept takes you away from what is, some even start to worship the concept such as God.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Tao Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
The Tao cannot be named, even the word Tao isn't true, or God or whatever name you call it, once you label what is, you then have a concept of what is, and the concept takes you away from what is, some even start to worship the concept such as God.

Exactly.
For me, the word God is a reference point. One which we can begin to form concepts and ideas but in no way touches the surface.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:10 PM
Master
The dao is before god.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 08-04-2015, 12:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacity
The dao is before god.
Yes but in most cases its the other way around, we need to drop the concept of god, but then, we need also to drop the concept of the Tao.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
Yes but in most cases its the other way around, we need to drop the concept of god, but then, we need also to drop the concept of the Tao.
Yes but it's really just a saying to show that the thought god arose from emptiness.
I was fortunate, when I came to the Tao, I had already realized it was not a concept. That is was the foundation or ground of all concepts.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 08-04-2015, 12:23 AM
Tao Jones

But don't turn it into some nihilistic sort of thing.
Concepts on at least SOME sort of level is a good thing.
It is what paints a picture and is what brought you all here.

The tao is a concept to illustrate the concept-less

To me, God and Tao are interchangeable.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:35 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Jones
But don't turn it into some nihilistic sort of thing.
Concepts on at least SOME sort of level is a good thing.
It is what paints a picture and is what brought you all here.

The tao is a concept to illustrate the concept-less

To me, God and Tao are interchangeable.
Yes that is why I don't like the words God and Tao, they only get in the way of what truly is.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:49 AM
Tao Jones

And with that I mostly agree , but without concepts as such how can one discuss, 'teach' and relate?

By teach I don't mean proselytize, but in this day and age we live progressively more and more out of harmony. With concepts and ideas like this we have the ability to help 'shed some light' to those who have maybe lost their way a bit, or even to those who are 'on the path' for further growth
Old 08-04-2015, 01:14 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Jones
And with that I mostly agree , but without concepts as such how can one discuss, 'teach' and relate?

By teach I don't me prostelyze, but in this day and age we live progressively more and more out of harmony. With concepts and ideas like this we have the ability to help 'shed some light' to those who have maybe lost their way a bit, or even to those who are 'on the path' for further growth
I can see what your saying, but I think with the Tao its more unlearning and dropping concepts that may ignite our true inner being, and from there a realization of what the Tao is and what it isn't is truly realzed.

lao Tzu who coined the word Tao never wanted to write anything about the Tao, it wasn't until his disciples kept asking him to write something about the Tao that he finally did, he himself knew that if I wrote about the Tao people would cling to the writings about the Tao, and make the Tao a path which he never wanted.