Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 23-03-2018, 02:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Do you believe that what you are has always been in experience of the mind?

x daz x

I think what I think I am is a guess, and what I truly am is beyond knowing. Which is why I'm stuck with just a guess, an ego, because it's the second best thing. I'm also open to the possibility that there are better ways to live beyond having an ego but not sure about how to live such an existence or unlock it.

and if there is nothing to unlock, how do I avoid going back to what I've always known once I realize how to live without the ego. I've done it for brief windows of time, the longest being 40 days, the second longest time being about 5 minutes. So I know it's possible, however I'm still at a loss as how to achieve it. Seems like the ego always gets re-engaged.

I think that the mind is commentary on existence. Not entirely necessary but helpful at times, not helpful at other times.

What about you, what do you think?
Old 23-03-2018, 02:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
yes

This is what I was referring to.
-----
Just to be clear this 'balanced detachment and presence' issue was in response to the angst and possible wish to return to the old way. 'Being' does not require either (though commonly does).

How does one practice this balanced detatchment and presence? the first thing that comes to mind is meditation.

do you have any links or books to read that can help my understanding or give me something to practice?
Old 23-03-2018, 02:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
For me, it means just to rest within the whole awareness of the present moment. You're not really 'doing' anything or even thinking of anything you have to do in future and nor are memories from the past flooding in. Whatever thoughts you have just relate to your current self and immediate surroundings - basically at the level of self-comfort and actualisation.

It's like the moment just before you go to sleep, when you're not thinking or worrying about tomorrow or what you said to somebody and how they reacted...it's the point where you just drop all that and let sleep come...relaxing the mind into sleep as well as the body. With practice, one is able to relax the mind without falling asleep (even though the body is fast asleep) and you become aware of your position in space/time, your breath, heartbeat and just existing as...you.

This is what I term 'being'.

ah. so thats what meditation is for, learning how to operate in the present moment without engaging the mind?

I was under the impression that meditation is something to calm the mind and rest the brain. Something we do in order to get a break from the mind.
Old 23-03-2018, 04:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
How does one practice this balanced detatchment and presence? the first thing that comes to mind is meditation.

do you have any links or books to read that can help my understanding or give me something to practice?
Sorry. no books/media i can recommend.
Meditation works well for detachment.

Learning presence is more effectively done by learning who you are and what is your inner nature. If you are an advanced meditater you can learn some of that by 'going inside deeper and deeper' until you find your 'inner divine' (or look backwards through the third eye into self). Personally I used introspection.

I don't know any techniques for balancing the two other than to notice when one is dominating and try to increase the other weaker one.
Old 23-03-2018, 08:31 AM
Master
Quote:
I think what I think I am is a guess, and what I truly am is beyond knowing. Which is why I'm stuck with just a guess, an ego, because it's the second best thing. I'm also open to the possibility that there are better ways to live beyond having an ego but not sure about how to live such an existence or unlock it.

and if there is nothing to unlock, how do I avoid going back to what I've always known once I realize how to live without the ego. I've done it for brief windows of time, the longest being 40 days, the second longest time being about 5 minutes. So I know it's possible, however I'm still at a loss as how to achieve it. Seems like the ego always gets re-engaged.

I think that the mind is commentary on existence. Not entirely necessary but helpful at times, not helpful at other times.

What about you, what do you think?

So let me put it this way, everything that you said, everything that you conclude, guess about yourself / ego is of the mind .

Being-ness in my understanding is beyond all that jazz.

Can you imagine what you are being present without the sense of you being what you are being present?

Can you imaging presence without the thought of being present?

x daz x
Old 23-03-2018, 10:29 PM
Master
Quote:
So let me put it this way, everything that you said, everything that you conclude, guess about yourself / ego is of the mind .

Being-ness in my understanding is beyond all that jazz.

Can you imagine what you are being present without the sense of you being what you are being present?

Can you imaging presence without the thought of being present?

x daz x

I've experienced it before so yes. The next problem becomes stopping thought from re-engaging. After that the next problem is maintaining that state for long periods of time.
Old 23-03-2018, 10:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Sorry. no books/media i can recommend.
Meditation works well for detachment.

Learning presence is more effectively done by learning who you are and what is your inner nature. If you are an advanced meditater you can learn some of that by 'going inside deeper and deeper' until you find your 'inner divine' (or look backwards through the third eye into self). Personally I used introspection.

I don't know any techniques for balancing the two other than to notice when one is dominating and try to increase the other weaker one.

Thanks. I will try what you've recommended
Old 24-03-2018, 09:47 AM
Master
Quote:
I've experienced it before so yes. The next problem becomes stopping thought from re-engaging. After that the next problem is maintaining that state for long periods of time.

Who/m or what is experiencing? Who/m or what is trying to stop the thoughts beyond thought? Who/m is trying to maintain a state beyond states?

I spoke about being-ness beyond the ego / the sense of yourself .

Do you see that what you are that is experiencing, stopping the thoughts, maintaining states is ego based or something else?

x daz x
Old 24-03-2018, 12:16 PM
Master
I prefer small mind and big mind over ego and what I truly am. The small mind lives in a world of its own making and we have the power to watch it and understand it and transcend it within ourselves so that the big mind, what we are in all of its glory, can be the horse instead of the cart.
Yes the small mind cannot know the big mind but know that you have the power to see the world it creates from the perspective of the big mind.
Know that you are empowered comes to me as I read this thread. Stop and watch your mind in every way and do not expect anything or judge anything that you see, just let this watching raise your awareness to what is bigger than it.
There is nothing other than what you are being to be. There is only becoming aware of it and by that, awareness is raised and naturally and calmly.
Be all that you are, and watch it in the third person.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 24-03-2018, 08:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Who/m or what is experiencing? Who/m or what is trying to stop the thoughts beyond thought? Who/m is trying to maintain a state beyond states?

I spoke about being-ness beyond the ego / the sense of yourself .

Do you see that what you are that is experiencing, stopping the thoughts, maintaining states is ego based or something else?

x daz x

the I AM that experiences is something more.
that which wants the thoughts stopped is the ego.

Both the I AM and the ego are trying to maintain a state beyond states. actually idk what you mean by that, but I assume you mean the divine state.