Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 09-06-2017, 01:23 AM
Pathfinder

If life in infinite, then what does that mean?

I've been pondering a lot on life, not lately, because I ponder on life all the time. But lately I've been wondering especially about the structure of life. First off the only thing that makes real sense is that time cannot exist, it's impossible, not in the overall reality that would govern all the others.

So if there has always been something then that means that we have always existed and we are part of infinite consciousness. So does that mean that everything that will happen has already happened?

Do you believe the events of our lives are already determined?

In a way, life itself is manipulative. Not necessarily in an evil way, but there have been times where I have been attracted to making certain decisions regarding people or places that have caused other things to occur in my life. What I mean is, life is implanting that "attraction" into my consciousness, and fair enough it was something that benefited me or someone else. But I wonder how much choice I really have, like that time you had a craving for chocolate and went into the shop to meet someone who changed your life? Can't be too mad at the universe as chocolate and fated meetings are awesome but dammit! How much choice do we have in this life are we just on a pre programmed ride???
Old 09-06-2017, 01:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth_Seeker
I've been pondering a lot on life, not lately, because I ponder on life all the time. But lately I've been wondering especially about the structure of life. First off the only thing that makes real sense is that time cannot exist, it's impossible, not in the overall reality that would govern all the others.

So if there has always been something then that means that we have always existed and we are part of infinite consciousness. So does that mean that everything that will happen has already happened?

In a way, life itself is manipulative. Not necessarily in an evil way, but there have been times where I have been attracted to making certain decisions regarding people or places that have caused other things to occur in my life. What I mean is, life is implanting that "attraction" into my consciousness, and fair enough it was something that benefited me or someone else. But I wonder how much choice I really have, like that time you had a craving for chocolate and went into the shop to meet someone who changed your life? Can't be too mad at the universe as chocolate and fated meetings are awesome but dammit! How much choice do we have in this life are we just on a pre programmed ride???

If left to our own devices, we'd be on a pre-programmed ride forever, however, the powers that be are gradually introducing us to the idea that we can have more times where we deviate from the programming. It is better than it was but will get even better as time goes by. If that makes sense.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:59 AM
Master
Quote:

I think I comprehend a bit what you are saying, but as to the whole concept of how much choice do we have, I too have asked this question before.

In your example there, with myself personally the craving for the chocolate would have been over-looked for many years, as for many years now I have not been able to afford the luxury of walking into a store and buying Chocolate- the example could be anything really.

See, my choice would have never been to meet the fated person, OR but wait! There is another choice- I could simply choose to despite having no money to go in and check the shop out anyway! And then meet the fated individual. Question is.. would I have thought of that having no money and therefore no real need to go in? I have done that before actually. I have gone to stores having no money and just went in to look anyway. I actually forgot if anything came of that. I think I ended up going in and asking about something to purchase later, and ended up simply having a discussion with the store clerk.

I find with choices, lately here my belief is not to be too afraid to experience things. I have recently begun part time work again, and what has come of that is what I thought would come of that to begin with which has been- Things are getting a bit better life wise. Yes the work can be stressful, turns out I am very good at it, like I thought I would be, I am learning new things like I thought I would, I am making extra money, building confidence and I feel incredibly productive and helpful, like I felt when I used to work.

Things are really working out well for me right now life wise. I can not even describe the way the universe seems to be unfolding before me and a different path, and positive feelings related to hard work seems to be unfolding and the positive feelings returning.

I still have moments where dealing with depression and grief and at times anger, but even this is now improving.

I think the important or an important rather aspect with making choices, is trying, it involves action, and even if the choice itself does not work out as planned one probably still learned from it, and very importantly, tried.

My thoughts for now.

Blessings.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:41 AM
Master
Quote:
How much choice do we have in this life are we just on a pre programmed ride???
I can't answer for we. Me, I have my answer. I'm on the ride, I'm liking the ride. I don't think too much about the ride and don't seek answers to theoretical questions about the ride. One does come an understanding of these "meaning of life" questions from a soul-depth place. That creates a relaxed sense of knowing, after which the life-ride becomes one of enjoying it while it's happening.

As for pre-programmed, no. A degree of soul and karmic contract influence, yes.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:54 AM
Master
Quote:
If life in infinite, then what does that mean?
Think that which is and always has been, and never was not. If you can grok that, you'll have your answer.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:37 PM
Master

Yep, me to. Amazing something (reality) exists when nothing should which is most logical. Nothing should exist. It isn't logical that there is not nothing. And from this are learn there is a true reality undefined yet. Isn't it amazing we don't know. Are we the consciousness of consciousness or consciousness ourselves? Does consciousness have all the answers. Me, I want explanation and is our right....smile:
Old 10-06-2017, 10:02 PM
Master

I believe the part where if you desire something it has already happened, and for it to come into your life you just have to allow it; yet for the expansion of your being it is not really necessary, though it might be for the happiness of your presence so I think the point of life being infinite means that you have potential to be whatever you desire, yet since you have an inherent nature to your being, there might only be so much for you to desire, like it is not everyone that likes chocolate But you inner being knows you do, and probably knew if you followed that desire something greater would be in store for you that expanded your finite experience further towards the infinite
Old 11-06-2017, 05:00 AM
Master

Quote:

???

Stop thinking about time being on a horizontal plane. It's vertical. Everything passes through it - we also call it 'the now'.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:37 AM
Master

Quote:
First off the only thing that makes real sense is that time cannot exist, it's impossible, not in the overall reality that would govern all the others.

yes 'time' does not exist except as a way to measure things, but that doesn't keep someone from writing a book with all sorts of 'times' in it for us to wander around in..
Old 11-06-2017, 07:27 AM
Master
Quote:

Depends on if you consider egoic or higher self choices. In my experience everything is a choice of mine on some level. Either my higher self wants it or my egoic self does. No matter what happens I enjoy it, even when I'm miserable. It's just not as enjoyable as a bliss lol.