Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 12-10-2015, 12:15 AM
Ascender

Hunted By A Giant "Shrimp" - What Does This Mean?

First of all, the thread of the title may be a bit ridiculous to hear ( ) but it seems that my dream had a funny way of trying to symbolize things.

Anywho, here is how the dream went as far as I remember. If anyone has had similar dreams before, please fill me in on what this might mean. :)

[quote] If I recall correctly, the dream's setting was in USA - close to where I live. Me and a girl (she's my girlfriend apparently) was trying to catch a movie. To our surprise, the movie was completely full and we got the bottom front seat. *It seems like me and this girlfriend has just very recently started the relationship too*

Then, in a flash, a tragedy occurred. It seemed that most people around me has got a virus or some sort which killed them. Me and my girlfriend survived but we were chased by "zombies" (another ridiculous way of trying to get a message across). Me and my girlfriend were doing our best to flee when we broke in a car and just drove off. Here, I remember someone in a motorcycle going very fast and we were trying to catch up to him in hopes he might know what's going on.

We didn't catch up to him but we did meet other people (who didn't know what was going on as well). These people had a 'shelter' that kept them safe, so we stayed there. I remember three other guys, besides me, and my girlfriend was the only woman there. I remember we were all sitting at a table when I saw a giant shrimp, yes, a giant shrimp emerge which could walk on land. We fled.

We separated, including me and my girlfriend and we went our separate paths to hide. Here, I saw flashes my girlfriend hiding when one of the guys bothered her, so she ran to come looking for me. ( I was hiding in a toilet).

I could her hear screams as she passed the toilet and being chased by the giant shrimp. I called out to her, she came to where I was. Just that she was outside the closet and I was still inside, which kept me safe. She asked if I'd open the closet door, I said no. She kept on asking and she eventually had to run again as the shrimp got closer to her. Not being able to desert her, I came out the closet and the shrimp chased me instead. It was too fast and when it caught me I felt a shock.

Then I woke up.

A strong sense of chasing and relationship is presented in the dream. I wonder what it means?

Here are some tidbits I realize from the dream:

- There was LOTS of chases and close calls
- My 'girlfriend' was short haired and short height.
- All the other guys fell victim to the da killer shrimp.
- I am VERY sensitive to shrimp, at least skin wise. I eat shrimp and BOOM pimples and rages everywhere.

What is life trying to get to me?
Old 12-10-2015, 12:32 AM
Master
Yeah we tend to blow our fears way out in dreams , Im at a stage with no dreaming but before that every little fear was magnified ,glad to get some peaceful sleep.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:34 AM
Ascender

Well, I'm way past broken up with my ex-fiancee, and I am currently single. So technically, there isn't anything I fear as far as relationship goes. I've passed the no dreaming stage of recovery and this is the first time I've dreamed again.

Just weird that this might come up in a dream.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:46 AM
Master
Oh I was refering to the Shrimp, like when I went through the crazy dream cycle it was like even I had some judgement on something, like you say your aware of the problems shrimp causes you and maybe you dont like that ,the rest of the dream Ill leave up to you.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:45 AM
Master
Perhaps you need a giant jar of coktail sauce.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:29 AM
Ascender

I see what you did there.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:04 PM
Shannon

Hi, I love these dreams, they seem so convoluted but there is definitely a message here....I will give you my interpretation and you can decide if it resonates with you or not 😃

Movies represent a story...i.e. Story of your life and can also be a way of distancing yourself from events.
Girlfriend represents feminine aspect...so what is it in a female you admire that you might like to integrate into your personality. Being in touch with your feminine side means you go with the flow of life, embrace creative energy, attune to your inner process etc..
She's a new gf so this might be a new script in your life to explore.

The different people in the dream represent different aspect of yourself or ego.
Virus represents outside threats or things that are troubling you. For a new cycle to begin there needs to be a death of the old parts of the personality.

Perhaps your new way of being or approach to life will be a struggle but you will get through it....even though being attacked by "zombies" i.e. Dying parts of the ego personality that you are trying to transform.

Car represents personal power and how you're going to get there....your road to success.

On your road to success there are other people on the same journey....in life....ahead of you....that you can seek advice from.

We all like to be in Our " comfort zone" so along the way we will meet people who are on the same journey who are going through the same things we are...this gives us shared understanding And makes us feel like we are not alone and this helps to "shelter" us and make us feel safe.

The men represent male aspects of your personality and the number three represents a balance of opposites...so again how are you going to balance yin and yang aspects of yourself.

Shrimp represents insignificance/ of small value...so where in your life are you ready to feel worthy...move away from things that make you feel unworthy or insignificant.

Toilet is a place of release...so let go of the things that separate you from the different aspects of your personality you would like to integrate...don't run and hide from them.

Basically you have this dichotomy of wanting to integrate other parts of your personality...a kind of push and pull towards it...stop running and hiding and embrace life....take a front row seat 😉
Old 12-10-2015, 05:12 PM
Suspended
Your sensitivity to Shrimp is related to your emotions in real life. This could be supressed anger that expresses itself in a reaction to eating shrimp. The shrimp is a feeling that is chasing you in your dream. Hiding in a toilet represent the need to release the feelings pent up inside you. When you came out of the closet your feelings found you again. The dream is saying, you can't hide from your feelings. Your pent up feelings are trying to "Get To You".
Old 13-10-2015, 05:27 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon
Hi, I love these dreams, they seem so convoluted but there is definitely a message here....I will give you my interpretation and you can decide if it resonates with you or not ��

Movies represent a story...i.e. Story of your life and can also be a way of distancing yourself from events.
Girlfriend represents feminine aspect...so what is it in a female you admire that you might like to integrate into your personality. Being in touch with your feminine side means you go with the flow of life, embrace creative energy, attune to your inner process etc..
She's a new gf so this might be a new script in your life to explore.

The different people in the dream represent different aspect of yourself or ego.
Virus represents outside threats or things that are troubling you. For a new cycle to begin there needs to be a death of the old parts of the personality.

Perhaps your new way of being or approach to life will be a struggle but you will get through it....even though being attacked by "zombies" i.e. Dying parts of the ego personality that you are trying to transform.

Car represents personal power and how you're going to get there....your road to success.

On your road to success there are other people on the same journey....in life....ahead of you....that you can seek advice from.

We all like to be in Our " comfort zone" so along the way we will meet people who are on the same journey who are going through the same things we are...this gives us shared understanding And makes us feel like we are not alone and this helps to "shelter" us and make us feel safe.

The men represent male aspects of your personality and the number three represents a balance of opposites...so again how are you going to balance yin and yang aspects of yourself.

Shrimp represents insignificance/ of small value...so where in your life are you ready to feel worthy...move away from things that make you feel unworthy or insignificant.

Toilet is a place of release...so let go of the things that separate you from the different aspects of your personality you would like to integrate...don't run and hide from them.

Basically you have this dichotomy of wanting to integrate other parts of your personality...a kind of push and pull towards it...stop running and hiding and embrace life....take a front row seat ��

I resonated with this. Ever since I've broken off from my engagement, I felt the need to change. I picture myself as a cocoon waiting to transform into a butterfly.

When I look back, I can say that I've already changed in some parts of my self. Perhaps the shrimp and hiding in toilet means I need to be brave or have courage to facing my fears?

Thank you for the interpretation though. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
Your sensitivity to Shrimp is related to your emotions in real life. This could be supressed anger that expresses itself in a reaction to eating shrimp. The shrimp is a feeling that is chasing you in your dream. Hiding in a toilet represent the need to release the feelings pent up inside you. When you came out of the closet your feelings found you again. The dream is saying, you can't hide from your feelings. Your pent up feelings are trying to "Get To You".

There is indeed suppressed anger within me and I've been trying to brush it off in the hopes it'd just go away on its own.

Thank you.
Old 13-10-2015, 07:15 AM
Master
I also saw you had the new girlfriend and you felt like there was something keeping you from getting too intimate like the virus ,intimacy issues in general we all have them in degrees, as well as the other guys were trying it on her ,do you get jealous easy, not letting her in the closet to me meant you dont wont be responsible for someone elses survival. The shrimp is very significant ,it caught you and you were shocked its like you are afraid of facing what hurts you .....Sorry had to reply again such an interesting dream in fact i can relate to much of it.....