Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-03-2022, 10:28 PM
Master

It seems to be common that ap does not happen. I have observed forums over the years and people used to be able to ap but no longer ap. They did not do anything for ap to happen, it happens by itself and then it stops. Some people would encourage ap to happen. Try not to get disappointed with it. I can understand your frustration because I know what it is like. I have been there many times. You try and try and ap does not happen. I know ap is hard to do when you are tired. You are not focused as well as you could be. You have a high chance of falling asleep. It is not advisable to try to ap when you are tired. When you think you are relaxed do an ap technique not too long as I found I fall asleep that is if you are doing a relaxing technique. If it does not work relax more. Take a deep breath and breathe out slowly. Imagine your body relaxing at the same time. I have ap doing that. Your body just needs to get a bit more relaxed. If it does not work repeat the process. If you had enough then have a break then start again. When you try again usually it does not take as long to ap because your body is mostly relaxed as you have been lying there for a while relaxing. Be prepared to ap because it is likely to happen. You do not want to fall asleep. That happens to me sometimes.
Old 22-03-2022, 10:58 PM
Experiencer

Thanks a lot for clarifying that and the explanation AstralSuzy, well then the author of that video was lost in that, I was lost too, you are right, it makes no sense to go back to body to get out again when one can get out of the dream realm easily in one step, aside from the inconveinence of going in and out is the fact of what if one step fails and we get to awake state and then restart all again...

And yes its disappointing to not be able to ap, Im glad you manage to ap finally with your method, sometimes I wish there was a kind of 100% accurate manual on this, its somehow undocumented but I believe this maybe has to do with the fact that all of us are different, all of us have different spirit, different energy and even want to do different activities in the astral, maybe all that added is what grants us access to doing this or that there.

I notice you say that if ap is not happening you wake up for a while and then try again, is this part really needed? I mean is it better if we wake up after failing and wait a little then come back to trying again? reminds me to the method explained in this video, he is using similar method to the one described here, set an alarm (he says 4 hours but I guess 6 is better) and then he says you stay awake for 10 or 15 minutes then go back to bed, I have seen that detail in other techniques too like its good to stay up but not to be fully awake although time is different, you refer to morning practice when we are not suppossed to sleep more.

(Sorry cant post links, search for the video titles as this)
"How To Astral Project INSTANTLY With The Swing Technique (Beginners Guide)"

When was your very first ap experience? I mean when that happened, do you think you made something special to achieve it? I have read in some place that even if spontaneous ap happens its usually for people who has some knowledge of the astral, but sometimes nothing more than that is required. A certain author mentioned he just fell asleep in the library and instead he managed his first ap, he was reading a book about ap I think

I have been thinking about new things to do, there are some things that I wont try, like these special music tracks people say that allow them to access the astral, I mean, my respect to the ones that invented the method and those that use them, but for me I think the most natural method is the best, I can listen to relaxing music but not music thats meant to affect how the brain works in order to grant access to the astral, I know its a big difference but its like people using some substances to achieve that, I think substances or the music tracks could maybe lead us to somewhere but I fear thats not really the real astral plane or maybe we get a distorted vision of it.

So as I still have methods to try, I will apply these following your scheme of trying in morning and if not working then stand up wait a little and then go back to retrying but in night I guess I will others I have read recently, I dont know if the train method makes much sense, well this could look more like an exit technique to be honest as it descrbed our astral body detaches when we hit the ground after jumping, but keeping the train in our mind after relaxing I think might not lead to ap directly maybe will make lucid dream, I dont know although its directing the senses inward (I mean we feel hear see only in our mind not from world) which is something I read somewhere was good for ap... Im a little confused about many things to be honest
Old 22-03-2022, 11:06 PM
Experiencer

Thanks for your enouragement and advices AstralSuzy, just saw your latest post, well yes I feel frustrated, perhaps my frustration is bigger as I have never ap before, and right now all is mystery from here like I wonder if this can be done etc but I understand its also frustrating when people that used to ap then suddenly cant do that. I read in a book that ap needs something like psychic energy and it takes some time to recharge like 24 hour, have you heard of that? this is like the things some people say and some people dont say so we dont know how true is that.

Also sorry to ask but your adviced technique could be like this? just in case, I dont want to miss any step:

-lay back when one is not too tired
-relax
-breahe slowly and relax more at the same time
-ap will happen here (well I assume an exit movement is needed maybe)
-if it fails after a while stand up wait a bit and repeat

Please correct me if Im wrong
Old 23-03-2022, 07:34 AM
Master

This is what I mean, people try to ap and do not succeed so they try again the next morning and still do not succeed. One week turns to into four weeks, then months go by and still they have not ap. In the end some give up, perhaps a lot give up. They try once to ap and it has not happened so they give up and go to sleep. I do not blame them. They have had enough of trying but the process keeps repeating night after night. That has happened to me many times. To stop that happening I used to get up for a while when ap does not happen then I try again until ap happens. I know it works provided you do not fall asleep.

I lay down and I am not tired.
I breathe in and out for a while imagining my body relaxing.
When I am breathing out I imagine myself leaning forward. It is supposed to feel relaxing. As I am breathing out my whole body feels relaxed.
If I succeed with ap when I am imagining I am leaning forward on the out breath my spiritual self moves out of my body and I am standing up. I can feel it happening. The ap technique is I am leaning forward. If ap does not happen and I do not want to keep trying to ap anymore because I have had enough I would get up for a while then try again. I used to do that a lot and ap happened every time. I am starting to do that again as I know it works provided you do not fall asleep. There are other ways that I get out of my body but I do not want to confuse you so I will say no more.

We can get a lot of false information about things. My husband keeps saying to me that the internet information sometimes is not correct and I should not believe everything I read. Forget the psychic energy. I have ap a lot without psychic energy. Reading a lot about ap and listening to youtube can get confusing with all the different information. My advice is do what you feel is right for you. Get up in the morning whatever time suits you best regardless of what you have read. Some people might like that time and some other people might prefer a different time.

My first ap was about 15 years ago. I was very sad about something. I wondered if ap was real so I looked it up on the internet and it said it was real. I thought I would try it. I did not have to do anything. It just happened. I had heaps of ap experiences. I did not know how I ap and I kept wondering how am I doing it. After a while I realised it was from breathing in and out. Breathing in and out does not always work I found out. My experiences taught me that ap is real. I got excited and I told my family about it which was a mistake because they did not believe me. I now keep quiet about it. I do not think I was anything special. I think anyone can ap if they are determined and keep trying.
Old 23-03-2022, 07:49 PM
Master

I got up at 1.00 am because that was the time I woke up. I laid down on my back and I did relaxing breathing and relaxing ap exercises but I was not able to get out of my body. I just laid there and meditated for a while and kept repeating what I was doing and I still was not able to ap. I knew I was lying on my back for a long time. My back was feeling sore lying there for a long time. I turned over on my side because I did not want to keep trying any more. I fell asleep and I was dreaming that I was bush walking. I accidentally got close to a snake and it bit me and I woke up. I fell asleep again and I was bush walking again but I was aware I was dreaming. I could see everything clearly just like how it is in the bush. I do not lucid dream but I think as I am making more of an effort to ap it is on my mind so I am becoming aware that I am dreaming. I ended up in another place by stepping on a cloud. I was in a very large building and people were wearing the same old fashioned clothes. I wanted to get away so I flew up high and it looked like a witch was after me and I woke up. Obviously some of that was a dream. I forgot to say awareness now. I looked on line on the computer to see if I could see the costumes but it was not there or I could not find it any where. Perhaps the costumes was not real and it was a dream.
Perhaps the reason why it is taking me a long time to ap is because I am thinking ap can take a long time to succeed. Today I am going to say to myself ap is easy and it will only take me a very short time to ap any time of the day. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.
Old 23-03-2022, 08:05 PM
Experiencer

Thanks a lot AstralSuzy for all the information you have shared, its true that people get discouraged after a few failed attempts, I think nowadays specially is like everybody wants things to happen inmediatly, Im not like that, I have been trying for several days now (maybe over a month but I havent seen the exact dates) and still trying, and I wont give up until it happens.

I believe internet is helpful sometimes but makes confusion on other times, like they say its super easy method and this method doesnt work or is wrong as the one we talked about with lucid dreams, this can make the people get lost, also many people talk with so much confidence about what cant be done in the astral and this discourage many people when to be honest I think we still have to reach the real limits in the astral.

Yes, I will do as you suggest and if I dont fall asleep and nothing happens I will wake up and after a while retry, I think its a good strategy, sometimes when I keep retrying Im not sure what to do next considering my body is relaxed and my mind is quiet but nothing happens.

Speaking of that, I see psychic energy and all that is part of the things we dont have to believe, I read somewhere something about our current vibration, and how it changes over time, also they said something like to change vibration its required spiritual work, and it came to me... spiritual work is what exactly? and could this be needed to ap? like if my level is not enough then I need to do something to improve my level? I have heard meditation is important but as with many things there are variety of opinions about this.

Also thanks for sharing your first ap experiences, its a pitty your family were not believing in ap, I think its something not many believe in and sometimes non believer can hurt us saying whatever over what we know is real, sorry that happened to you.

I know that breathing is important, sometimes I feel like Im forcing the rythm of breathing to make them deeper and maybe ap wont happen like that, I mean after all physical body has to keep on breathing when astral body detaches but I guess when that happens it recovers the usual rythim it has and needs. Well I will keep imagining leaning forward as I breath out and hopefully it works, else well I will have to ask you for other suggested methods, some days when I wake up in the middle of the night Im like... now what I try? it takes me a few moments to think of the method I want to try next to be honest, there are a lot of them out there, you are right.
Old 23-03-2022, 08:52 PM
Master

Spiritual work is not needed to ap. Being in a good mood can help with ap. You feel happier and more relaxed. If you are angry or upset that can make you tired and run down. It does with me. If you do succeed with ap you have a higher chance of not being in a nice place.

I do not get upset that my family does not believe in ap. They are nice about it but as I said it best not to talk about it. It does not achieve anything.

What I suggest that I think will help you to ap is meditating every day if you can. Do not worry if you keep having thoughts. Keep pushing the thoughts away. You can still ap. Meditation helps the mind and body to relax.

Say to yourself often that you can ap and ap is easy to do.
Also say something like I can get out of my body easily and quickly. It did not take long at all. The more we think ap is taking a long time and is hard to achieve the more likely it is to happen. I know from experience. Do not be concerned if it does not happen straight away because it can take a day, few days, a week or a few weeks for it to happen. It will start to work when you start believing in it.
Old 23-03-2022, 10:56 PM
Experiencer

Thanks a lot for clarifying this AstralSuzy, then spiritual work is not needed for ap, but I wonder, could you please tell me what is it? or how can I make it? this is something someone mentioned and even if its not for ap I want to know as I will need this in future, so its part of my path after ap.

I believe it was Richard Webster that said that its better to not talk a lot about ap unless we know the people listening believe in it, Im glad your family was fine with it even if they dont believe in that, just I guess its something to keep in mind, airing this in the wrong circles can make people think strange things. In fact it happened to me in a certain group, surprisingly they were into ap (not all had managed that but they talked about it) but after something I said they were all like "ap is not real" or "ap is just like having drugs", I mean all that hurt me as I really believe in this and hearing its like just a way to get hallucinations or so coming from people that apparently had achieved it made me.... well made me have lots of doubts but later thinking more carefuly noticed in internet and in the world, there are people that know the truth and others that just think they know it.

Speaking of the mood, I thought the place where we ap is just in our room, so it can vary depending on how we feel today? in books I have read like almost always they say we ap just to the room where we are and from there we go to what we have in mind. Howver yes I take note of that, a better mood is better for ap.

And thanks for the advice, I think I will start meditation, is it needed that I meditate just before going to bed or can be anytime? I dont know much about meditation, I have read from someone that said something like, well if you dont know well how to meditate, just sit quietly and relaxed and breathe deeply counting the times you do it from 0 to 10 and starting again, all while keeping your mind as empty as possible, do it for some time, well that sounded simple to me, but would this be enough? also for how long do you recommend me doing this? the author that said that I believe adviced like 1 hour each morning

Also yes, I will say these affirmations to myself, I use to say one or two like I will ap today but I will do as you suggest, I think that as you said if we think its hard it cant help us to achieve it, thinking its easy is much better.
Old 23-03-2022, 11:53 PM
Master

I am not an expert on spirituality. Perhaps I know very little about it. All I know is I try to improve myself through my spirituality. At a young age I have always tried to improve. I learn from my mistakes and not to make the same mistake again. I am not trying to boast about myself but I am honest, not racist, do not steal etc. I do not know why I have always wanted to improve myself. I guess I will never know but it does not matter.

Do not believe everything I say because I could be wrong but I know it is right for me.
That would have been awful for you telling your friends about it and they said those things. At least you learnt not to talk about it with them again. I learnt many years ago not to talk about it. I was at work and I was talking about it to a few people at a meeting. Someone said to me, that is enough of that. I felt terrible. I never talk about it unless someone else brings it up and they are positive about it. I do not want to feel bad.
You can ap anywhere you want. It does not have to be the bedroom.

Meditation can be done anytime of the day and night. I like to meditate in the afternoon because that takes away my tiredness. It helps to keep me awake when I want to ap making ap easier. Meditation is good to do in the morning because it helps to keep negativity away. You are able to cope better if awful or frustrating things happen during the day. I find it hard to do in the mornings because I am busy. I am retired now so I will try to get into the habit of it because it is really good to do if you can. If you meditate late at night you are likely to fall asleep but that is OK. Meditation helps you to sleep better. When you wake up then you can try to ap. Meditation sounds easy but can be hard to do because thoughts keep coming into your mind. I can meditate with little thoughts going in my mind now because I have had a lot of practice. Do not worry or get concerned about the thoughts. Just keep pushing the thoughts away. I think if you tried to meditate for one hour in the mornings you would give up as it is too long for someone that has not meditated before. I could not lie there for one hour. I can easily do it now because I have had a lot of practice. Start with 10 minutes in the morning and another 10 minutes in the afternoon. If you try to do too much to soon you are likely to quit. When that goes well increase the time say another 10 minutes. Keep increasing the time slowly. For beginners they say to count the breath so that is a good start.
Do not get disappointed if you do not ap tonight. If it does not happen keep thinking I can do it.
Old 24-03-2022, 11:59 AM
Experiencer

Thanks a lot AstralSuzy for your explanations and advice, in relation to spiritual work, I think that somehow I have always tried that, to be a better person to behave well to others and try to be honest and a good friend, this is something that comes from inside, im not forcing myself into this way of acting, if its about this then I dont worry much about this, in any case I will be needing it after ap happens so I shouldnt worry much about this for now.

Yes I know what serves for one person doesnt sever for other maybe, well I keep trying to imagine myself leaning forward as I breath out but still nothing happens, I tried at night, I fell asleep, and in the morning several times and I believe maybe I fell asleep in first attempt and later nothing happened, I think I have dreamed about ap but it was not ap, I mean it was more in the dream realm for sure and I was not aware so only noticed after I woke up.

People not believing in ap can be really hard on others, like I dont know they somehow want everybody to be like them or something.

I will do the scheme of meditation you suggest, somehow its hard to be free of thoughts when I meditate, the moment I close the eyes I start seeing thoughts coming, I think I saw somewhere one can meditate also just sitting and staring at something like a candle, could this work well too? I think if I stare at something maybe I can have less thoughts going on in my mind