Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling > Channeled Messages

Old 07-01-2015, 06:36 PM
Ascender
Quitting Substances

I am quitting smoking and I know it is an issue for many others so I felt a channeled message on the subject would be appropriate.

Why is it a good idea to quit?

Quitting is a way to unleash your potential. It says that I am ready to engage in the world as a full human.

What can addictive substances do to me energetically?

Substances do many things to us energetically. It is difficult to say which ones do which things but suffice it to say that it is not a beneficial effect. Usually they totally block off your whole system from being fully alive.

In the case of tobacco and alcohol they both limit our ability to function. If you wish to be free of them then it is a choice. A choice that must be constantly made over time.

Do you have any suggestions for those wishing to make the choice to quit addictive substances?

It's a choice. You make it all of the time. It's when you say yes to it that it becomes a problem. If you say no and mean it it will fade from having power.

Would you like to add anything else about addictive substances?

Yes. It has the power to be involved in a long term battle with who you are.

If anybody has any topics they would like me to speak about then let me know somehow and I would be glad to focus my attention on that topic for awhile. Thank you all for being who you are.
Old 16-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Seeker

Hi Tridek

Thank you for sharing this :)

I guess two words that come up for me on the subject (having quit many times) are fear, which is an emotional response to addiction, and identity which I guess is more of an intellectual response. Maybe you could think about those words in relation to quitting.

cheers :)
Old 21-01-2015, 08:44 PM
Guide

Cool. I also have started quitting caffeine.
Old 21-01-2015, 09:59 PM
Augadelume

I have recently quit marijuana and now am working on cigarettes