Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 08-05-2017, 11:21 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean
because doing shadow work to self improve just reinforces the shadow...

Maybe what actually is needed is light work rather than shadow work, since as you also point out it is when you bring the emotions into the light that they clear. So rather than keeping that part of you as something that slips into the shadows of your mind, then what is needed is a conscious approach of shining the light of appreciation on them, thus expanding your bodies capacity to feel really good. I find this really interesting; an adventure worth embarking on
Old 08-05-2017, 04:12 PM
Master
Has anyone done this ? I'm doing it everyday.

It's about finding that balance with the universe. That means you are out of balance, and bringing the karma into balance will bring you peace. Change the energy into what you perceive the universe to be, for me it's eternal love and harmony. And you will be all the better for it.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank you very much! Yes, I do this work... Shadow work. It was after some work like this that the vision about the past life came.

Ahh great! Good times I feel like your burdens lighten a little bit the more you work through all of it, and how it all relates. At some point you begin to notice you are gaining strength and feeling lighter and more balanced, confident and centred, all of which produces a sublime joy and a heart of great depth and breadth

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 08-05-2017, 05:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorStrange

It's about finding that balance with the universe. That means you are out of balance, and bringing the karma into balance will bring you peace. Change the energy into what you perceive the universe to be, for me it's eternal love and harmony. And you will be all the better for it.

Yes, very true!

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 09-05-2017, 07:45 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
Maybe what actually is needed is light work rather than shadow work, since as you also point out it is when you bring the emotions into the light that they clear. So rather than keeping that part of you as something that slips into the shadows of your mind, then what is needed is a conscious approach of shining the light of appreciation on them, thus expanding your bodies capacity to feel really good. I find this really interesting; an adventure worth embarking on

Personally, I would be wary of trying to shine light onto it... I think that comes, eventually, but by itself. What I'm learning is that healing happens when we let it, and that for our wounds to heal it's enough to just truly be present with them. I mean, that's already incredibly difficult -to really go into what we fear the most (the shadows) and release our resistance to it is huge, and it already transforms us.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:47 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Ahh great! Good times I feel like your burdens lighten a little bit the more you work through all of it, and how it all relates. At some point you begin to notice you are gaining strength and feeling lighter and more balanced, confident and centred, all of which produces a sublime joy and a heart of great depth and breadth

Peace & blessings,
7L

SO beautifully put... thank you! This is exactly the process I'm going through. I'm also using this technique in healings (for other people) and when my spiritual friends are going through crisis. And incredibly, everyone has the same experience...
Old 09-05-2017, 07:47 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorStrange

Thnk you!
Old 09-05-2017, 12:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Thnk you!

Your are welcome
Old 09-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Personally, I would be wary of trying to shine light onto it...

Might be because you are very practiced in shadow work, rather than doing actually light work? The latter comes from an understanding that you inherently are perfect, so when you shine a light on the fundaments that keep you from your own perfection they cannot do otherwise than dissolve. You will begin to feel more whole because you no longer resist your own beauty, but it is not healing because you were never broken to start with
Old 09-05-2017, 05:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
Might be because you are very practiced in shadow work, rather than doing actually light work? The latter comes from an understanding that you inherently are perfect, so when you shine a light on the fundaments that keep you from your own perfection they cannot do otherwise than dissolve. You will begin to feel more whole because you no longer resist your own beauty, but it is not healing because you were never broken to start with

I agree with this from first hand experience.
Energy flows where attention goes. So I prefer to spent my time on polishing the windows,reflectors and lights on the LightHouse. :)