Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 29-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_crow
Well said.
One's spiritual journey must most often be a solitary one, lest it become somebody else's journey.
Wisdom does not reside in words or teachings. Those are only descriptions of wisdom. Not the wisdom, itself.
Wisdom comes from one's own experience, or not at all.

Perhaps in human culture / knowledge , that is true but in my current understanding , Buddhism is a natural process of letting go , putting down , releasing emotions naturally by own realization is not to creates more understanding , more knowledge , more emotions .......wisdom perhaps in Buddhism is freedom of attachment not attachment to own experience................dear freind , what I hope is very-very simple , just talk on what you understand not using any referral just your own realization about Buddhism with my current understanding of Buddhism that all ..........is that difficult ?
Thks CSEe
Old 29-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Master
I think it would help to simply drop Buddhism, or any ism's, be naked, be your SELF.
Old 29-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Deactivated Account
Yes it is, CSEe. Because that is not what I am doing, and if it were, I couldn't do it.
It is rather an odd idea to be on a forum without reading, commenting, or interacting in any way.
I should, perhaps explain something here: I am not a Buddhist, but a taoist.
And I may not even be that (any more).
Old 29-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I think it would help to simply drop Buddhism, or any ism's, be naked, be your SELF.

Indeed. Too bad, really, but in the end, life is a solo path.
Old 29-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Knower
I'm not sure if I'm Buddhist. Which means I am most likely not haha. I just happen to agree with most of the teachings and use it as a sort of "grounding" or central point for my other beliefs to stem from.

I'm not exactly sure what you want to be told CSE. How can a person explain enlightenment? It would be like you trying to describe "purple" to a blind man or me trying to describe music to the deaf.

There is no ultimate wisdom except that everything stems from oneself and that a person shouldn't be tainted by outside circumstance. Even that is not an ultimate wisdom.
Old 29-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Master
Many seems "understand" Buddhism from many sources , some claim from reading tons of books , some may be from own experiences , some from listening to teachers , mediatation , by knowledge etc ........what I wish to debate / talk / discuss / argue etc is to explore others own understanding , reason for their beliefs , their reason for acceptance , own realization not something that I could find in internat , books etc .......
There are perhaps thousand of monk apparently teaching Buddhism in their website , giving talks , giving classes etc and when I approach them asking them what give them the reason to theach others ...many said I refuse to learn , that funny ......some said to me I am like a block of stone refusing learning , ego , thats more funny ......and some tell me they never teach , that even more funny to me .....................so stop giving me all these funny excuses and after years of experiences , I have many reason to beliave that many monk including Dalai Lama have intention to teach and that is resulted from being ego ..........a form of pollutant in human . In my current understanding of Buddhism ,ego is same and equal as any desire , emotion ...and is something we naturally decrease it not to creates intention to further increase it , thats suffering .................................

Thks
CSEe
Old 29-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes it is, CSEe. Because that is not what I am doing, and if it were, I couldn't do it.
It is rather an odd idea to be on a forum without reading, commenting, or interacting in any way.
I should, perhaps explain something here: I am not a Buddhist, but a taoist.
And I may not even be that (any more).

Dear friend , in my current understanding , anyone , anything is Buddhist ........nothing outside Buddhism . ....
Thks CSEe
Old 29-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Ha! Finally you begin to make some sense. Agreed :)
There's a bit of language confusion here.
I agree that emotion, ego, desire, attachment are all counterproductive.
Did you imagine I didn't?
Old 29-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Indeed. Too bad, really, but in the end, life is a solo path.
Yes it is, but are we really solo on our path, or are we full of second hand knowledge, to be ones SELF, that is to be truly Solo, is where one will truly find ones SELF.
Old 29-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex23
I'm not sure if I'm Buddhist. Which means I am most likely not haha. I just happen to agree with most of the teachings and use it as a sort of "grounding" or central point for my other beliefs to stem from.

I'm not exactly sure what you want to be told CSE. How can a person explain enlightenment? It would be like you trying to describe "purple" to a blind man or me trying to describe music to the deaf.

There is no ultimate wisdom except that everything stems from oneself and that a person shouldn't be tainted by outside circumstance. Even that is not an ultimate wisdom.

To me , if enlighterment could be explain , then that is just mere images of ego / ownselves / pollutant ..............

Thks CSEe