Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 10-10-2012, 08:30 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe

I can easily drop or replace all my current opinion , my understanding not just on Buddhism common sense without any doubt PROVIDED I moved into greater understanding , PROVIDED the new awareness FIT in my common sense and I must have reasons to accept it TEMPORARY ....I cant simply drop any of my understanding without challenge the new awareness or simply accept others word and take it as my common sense .......
All these conditions!?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
All these conditions!?

It would be a "Condition" IF in case I make it as a MUST but it is a understanding of common sense , a temporary acceptance subject to changes .....for that is not a condition .
Thks
CSEe
Old 10-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Rin

Quote:
It would be a "Condition" IF in case I make it as a MUST but it is a understanding of common sense , a temporary acceptance subject to changes .....for that is not a condition .
Thks
CSEe
Clarify for me. Do things have to conform to your common sense or not? If yes then it is a condition and a limitation.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
Clarify for me. Do things have to conform to your common sense or not? If yes then it is a condition and a limitation.

Is not " things" to confirm with my common sense , common sense is realization / understanding on " the things".......common sense is a temporary acceptance on a particular condition and is NEVER permanant but continue developing / moving into greater understanding .........
So perhaps your understanding is NOT fit in my common sense NOW but perhaps one day after I moved into greater realization I will find it fit in my common sense ....
We are moving in different speed , different learning journey but will end up same condition .......so each of us is common have " differences" but in Buddhism whatsover "differences" is just part of own learning proces ...we all are SAME and EQUAL being in own purification process.........
Common sense is NOT a knowledge but a collection of all emotions by being awake ........common sense is NOT a reflection on a particular emotions such as ego , pride but a total awareness resulted to acceptance of ourselves in a particular moment ......just like when i was 5 years old , is common sense to play in the rain ......but now is common sense to stay out from rain .........is never right or wrong but is you in a particular moment .
Thks
CSEe
Old 10-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Rin

Quote:
Is not " things" to confirm with my common sense , common sense is realization / understanding on " the things".......common sense is a temporary acceptance on a particular condition and is NEVER permanant but continue developing / moving into greater understanding .........
So perhaps your understanding is NOT fit in my common sense NOW but perhaps one day after I moved into greater realization I will find it fit in my common sense ....
We are moving in different speed , different learning journey but will end up same condition .......so each of us is common have " differences" but in Buddhism whatsover "differences" is just part of own learning proces ...we all are SAME and EQUAL being in own purification process.........
Common sense is NOT a knowledge but a collection of all emotions by being awake ........common sense is NOT a reflection on a particular emotions such as ego , pride but a total awareness resulted to acceptance of ourselves in a particular moment ......just like when i was 5 years old , is common sense to play in the rain ......but now is common sense to stay out from rain .........is never right or wrong but is you in a particular moment .
Thks
CSEe
Is that a Yes or a No?
Old 10-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Master
Quote:
To me , "I" is emptiness , the un-polluted / pure energy of emptiness . The original form before pollution .
"Myself" is a collection of all my desire , emotions , knowledge , believes , faith , understanding , ego , greed , experiences etc that had formed influenced by the way I was brought up by my parent , my education , my social , my tradition , my culture , my lifelihood that had formed into a " SELF"......that I believed is me with a name given by my father . CSEe is formed and CSEe is myself and I will grow old , die as CSEe ..........that is common acceptance of human ....that is my understanding of "myself" .
Buddhism is a PROCESS to free from that acceptance ........free the self which is a polluted energy from me -the emptiness . Buddhism is a process free my from myself ..............
I hope to discuss with you further on this ,
Thks
CSEe

I agree, there is the "I" which is the awareness living in this world through the body-mind self, the "me". In spiritual growth, Buddhist or otherwise, there's a process of loosening the identification with "me" as awareness as "I" increases and deepens.

I'm wondering if for you these are just concepts or do you see and feel them directly within yourself.

Xan

Old 10-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Master
we cant just drop ourselves becouse we wanted to drop it .......it will never be possible becouse still it is resulted from a desire and still we exercise polluted energy .

Actually, the desire for freedom is considered the one pure desire. There's a higher use for everything in us, and no one gets free without wanting it with all their heart.

Xan

Old 10-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
Is that a Yes or a No?

Dear Rin , you are putting it in form of court room . Let me explain in other way . when I notice an experiences or information or action which is new to me or different from my common sense at that moment in time ..........I learned it , explore it , experience it or challenge it with ALL my emotions and if I cant any reason which I can agree upon ....I will leave it but after I learned it ........this NEVER mean that the new awareness which is not fit in my common sense is wrong or I was right simply because I with all my awareness cant find reason to agree it AT THAT MOMENT .......so maybe after sometimes , after more and more learning process I learned and perhaps I can agree with you ....................
So Rin , if I dont agree with you NOW it does not mean I am right or you are wrong simply I perhaps is not up to your understanding ..............
another example .
If both of us driving to a same destination , I am 1000km away from that destination and you are just 10km to reach the destination and I call you via your mobile phone ..............so you are trying to descripe the condition of the road which I about to take or the weather condition which I will experience ......so no matter how you try if I never live in a snow country I will never understand how is the road condition or the kind of weather I will experienced ......so perhaps when I go further I will learned and perhaps I will understand you.....................
I hope you can understand now .
Thks
CSEe
Old 10-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I agree, there is the "I" which is the awareness living in this world through the body-mind self, the "me". In spiritual growth, Buddhist or otherwise, there's a process of loosening the identification with "me" as awareness as "I" increases and deepens.

I'm wondering if for you these are just concepts or do you see and feel them directly within yourself.

Xan

Perhaps your "I" is what I known it as "self" and "me" is what I known as emptiness without self .
Thks
CSEe
Old 10-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
we cant just drop ourselves becouse we wanted to drop it .......it will never be possible becouse still it is resulted from a desire and still we exercise polluted energy .

Actually, the desire for freedom is considered the one pure desire. There's a higher use for everything in us, and no one gets free without wanting it with all their heart.

Xan

I cant any reason to agree with you right now .....to me in Buddhism there is no common sense to have " pure desire".............emptiness is totally freedom of all emotions even love or compassion ......as human or any livings in my current understanding regards to Buddhism concept , all my emotions is polluted energy that cause my existance and as for non-living they are also in the same process to release it polluted energy and their polluted energy perhaps is their nature , their material being and same as me they are also in a process to be empty .....
Thks
CSEe