Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 09-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Master
What in "death" in Buddhism ?

I hope to explore more and learn from others understanding on death so what is death to you ?
Thks
CSEe
Old 10-10-2012, 12:47 AM
Master
I don't know what Buddhism says, and most likely different branches say different things. For instance some Buddhists believe there is no soul to continue after physical death, then there's the great Buddhist writing, Tibetan Book of the Dead.

As for me, I know the essence of my being is pure and eternal... only the body-mind dies.

Xan

Old 10-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I don't know what Buddhism says, and most likely different branches say different things. For instance some Buddhists believe there is no soul to continue after physical death, then there's the great Buddhist writing, Tibetan Book of the Dead.

As for me, I know the essence of my being is pure and eternal... only the body-mind dies.

Xan

I am now have some awareness that if we are awake , there is no birth or dead ........."dead" in human knowledge is when all our body part stopped function ....brain stop / heart stop / movement stop but one thing I think is common sense to continue is perhaps what best I can descripe as " the self" ......."self" that consist of all own emotions will continue to be with or without body part ............." the self" will cause the continue existance for all living but as for non-living the nature will under-going its process to release all its polluted energy back to emptiness .
So all our "body part" is an individual by its self , a beings that never related to us so they are actually in their own process to release it polluted energy just like "our self"........so each of "our" body part is in their own purification never connected to us .......is becouse of our desire to own "our " body part , thinking that " they are ours" , they are belong to us .....thats makes us creates the understanding and now had became facts to human known as death .
Perhaps death is caused by a desire , greed or emotions that cause great suffering for human......and the suffering that human experience on death , old age or sickness IS NOT resulted from realization but is reflection of own greed / emotions ......therefore for perhaps millions of years , the suffering that human experienced on sickness , old age and death is never a lesson to advance into greater realization of freedom from it but instead had turn into a fear .........a fear resulted from a desire , greed , emotions , love & compassion ....it became so-so suffering as it is a collection of all emotions .
I hope many will discuss on this for better understanding after all lets face it...we are all dying .......
Thks
CSEe
Old 10-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Master
Sounds pretty complicated to me, CSE. I prefer simplicity.

Yes everything alive dies... but what is it that dies actually? Is it you?

Xan

Old 10-10-2012, 01:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Sounds pretty complicated to me, CSE. I prefer simplicity.

Yes everything alive dies... but what is it that dies actually? Is it you?

Xan

Perhaps is not as complicated as my shortcoming in explaining it .....in short both " the self" and the body advance into their own process .........
Nothing is "dies" if we are referring "death" to end of "alive" base on human knowledge ........all just move on in their own purification process .........."I" the purity is emptiness that cant change , impossible to change , is forever permanent - the emptiness but is the polluted energy which attached to the "I" thats creates " the self" ......and "the self" will continue even body 'stopped" function ......body "stopped fuction" as what we know becouse they moved on in their own process of purification .........is natural process is to me call - Buddhism.
Thks
CSEe
Old 10-10-2012, 01:37 AM
Master
Yes... the complicated and conflicted self doesn't life on, apparently. (Although some say in some cases it remains in the grey astral zone, the bardo.)

The thing is... to know what is silent and eternal in yourself, untouched by all the self has accumulated in your lifetime. In this all uncertainties gradually get resolved.

Xan

Old 10-10-2012, 04:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Yes... the complicated and conflicted self doesn't life on, apparently. (Although some say in some cases it remains in the grey astral zone, the bardo.)

The thing is... to know what is silent and eternal in yourself, untouched by all the self has accumulated in your lifetime. In this all uncertainties gradually get resolved.

Xan

perhaps is understanding on words .......what is your understanding on " yourself" ?.....and what is your understanding on "you" .........?
To me , "I" is emptiness , the un-polluted / pure energy of emptiness . The original form before pollution .
"Myself" is a collection of all my desire , emotions , knowledge , believes , faith , understanding , ego , greed , experiences etc that had formed influenced by the way I was brought up by my parent , my education , my social , my tradition , my culture , my lifelihood that had formed into a " SELF"......that I believed is me with a name given by my father . CSEe is formed and CSEe is myself and I will grow old , die as CSEe ..........that is common acceptance of human ....that is my understanding of "myself" .
Buddhism is a PROCESS to free from that acceptance ........free the self which is a polluted energy from me -the emptiness . Buddhism is a process free my from myself ..............
I hope to discuss with you further on this ,
Thks
CSEe
Old 10-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Buzz

In a way there is no 'death' or 'life' for that matter. There is just being. The finite nature of mind simply tells stories about duality. Death is of the mind.
Buddhists have a way of describing awakening from illusion. They call this dying into life. Death of illusion so that life can 'happen'. This to me is a far more accurate way of seeing death.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Rin

CSEe, why don't you free yourself then?

From your definitions, your beliefs, your opinions, your theory.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
CSEe, why don't you free yourself then?

From your definitions, your beliefs, your opinions, your theory.

Free myself ? Yes but "freeing" my self should be from my own realization / acceptance NOT from a desire or an intention ....we cant just drop ourselves becouse we wanted to drop it .......it will never be possible becouse still it is resulted from a desire and still we exercise polluted energy .

I can easily drop or replace all my current opinion , my understanding not just on Buddhism common sense without any doubt PROVIDED I moved into greater understanding , PROVIDED the new awareness FIT in my common sense and I must have reasons to accept it TEMPORARY .....I cant simply drop any of my understanding without challenge the new awareness or simply accept others word and take it as my common sense .......

In my current understanding the biggest challenge to free myself is NOT to change my views or opinion , thats perhaps is more easy than drinking a cup of cool water ......but the biggest challenge to free myself is to accept my ultimate desire -that is the love for my 12 years old daughter SAME and EQUAL to all beings , same as all human , plant , animal , micro-organism or all non-living - rock , rubbish etc .............so is of great challenge to me to accept my daughter is same as the rubbish under my table ............
So do you think that is easy ? Well to me thats Buddhism ..........is difficult and suffering Rin ........loving her is suffering , loving my body is suffering Rin .......so Buddhism is a PROCESS freeing me from myself .
Thks
CSEe