Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 05-10-2012, 05:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Its not your path as it isn't mine, its that simple, just let go of it and move on.

Thank you.
CSEe
Old 05-10-2012, 05:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
You have rich insight and it's best to realize what people can't teach.
If there's a meditation practice that benefits your well being - by all means, that's good.
In the end though, insight can't be taught because it's only experiential.

Thanks . Meditation to me is perhaps a great source of self discovery but as for me being awake to aware , regard all being is of same & equal with me , learn from all is my choice of self discovery...a way that fit in my current common sense .
In Buddhism exploring inner self by hard meditation , or deep thinking is perhaps one of trillions source.........there is no " right path" in Buddhism as one must always be awake to aware , aware to realize and realize to accept ...accept to further awake .
Thks
CSEe
Old 05-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Are you trying to larn Buddhism or are you trying to make ‘common sense’? Making sense is a process of the mind not part of discovering self.

In my current understanding , common sense is a temporary " acceptance" of self just like any information that we learned as knowledge .....it is resulted from a collection of "self" .......and is part of Buddhism .

Siddhartha himself had many follows and they eventually learned what you now call Buddhism. Since that time many many millions have also learned Buddhism. How do you suppose that happened?

So what is Buddhism to you ? Buddhism in my current understanding is all about ownself NEVER related to others including Mr Siddharta himself . Dear Sir , sorry in advance yes perhaps Billions had learned Buddhism and perhaps millions even claimed to be Master .......that is their choice , their learning process ...Buddhism is about you NOT them

I’m quite sure they didn’t have the time to sit under a tree until they got it on their own. You may rightly claim that what they have been taught was not Buddhism itself but clearly whatever the process, it assisted them in discovering what they know. You seem to be framing teaching as putting information in another’s head. As is clear in any grade school, even basic teaching is about presenting information and having the student put it in their head. As of yet there is no way to directly download information into the mind.
Just because you lack the ability to perceive what might serve as a lesson for a learner, does not imply that others cannot do it. Many things are more clear from an outside perspective. Also when one lets go of so many preconceived conceptions, its much easier to see that which is.

In Buddhism one is free to choose their path .....we have choices becouse our mind is confused but the more we free ourselves we will know no choices ...therefore in Buddhism no choices is right or wrong ....is all up to us ......to " learn" Buddhism is never out of a desire of wanting to learn but it is resulted from realization on own self .......therefore if one aware of his own self......he is learning Buddhism already regardless whether he sit under a tree or in bed with his girl friend playing hide and seek .......In my current understanding , Mr Siddharta learned "Buddhism" before he sit under the tree not after he get up ......Buddhism is a PROCESS of exploration of ownself and is much-much more beyond knowledge ........

Anyway much of Buddhism as it exists today is a practice, not so much a book of wisdom. One can learn a practice by imitation. Imitating is much easier if someone else is demonstrating what you wish to learn.

In my current understanding , living each moment of our life by being AWAKE to aware , aware to realize , realize to accept , accept to further awake until one know no choices , understand no desire , feel no compassion / love , freedom from ego / greed ........is the PRACTICE in Buddhism , meditation is a tiny little part in self exploration ...........perhaps one part per trillions in the Buddhism .......Buddhism is about learning from own self and from others to understand own self ...not to live in others life but our own ..
Thks
CSEe
Old 05-10-2012, 08:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
Thanks . Meditation to me is perhaps a great source of self discovery but as for me being awake to aware , regard all being is of same & equal with me , learn from all is my choice of self discovery...a way that fit in my current common sense .
In Buddhism exploring inner self by hard meditation , or deep thinking is perhaps one of trillions source.........there is no " right path" in Buddhism as one must always be awake to aware , aware to realize and realize to accept ...accept to further awake .
Thks
CSEe

I think they try to say that meditation is the path to enlightenment or something like that, but by doing so they give the donkey a carrot on a stick, and people chase gold at the end of rainbows just as the leprechaun promised them.

I trained under strict buddhist methods myself, and that's what I heard, and although I trained in various ways, the teachers all insisted the way they taught is the real way that the Buddah taught.

Lucky for me I didn't care about anything. I just wanted to learn good meditation technique, and I did.

Meditation for insight. A way of self discovery, as you say.

You already know yoursef better than anyone else does, despite what I've heard people tell you before on this forum. People want to be your master so they'll say things like that. I don't like that kinda behaviour.

It's OK see, many will come, and they aren't really instered in learning anything either. Listen to their tones... as though they have the truth to bestow on you. Krishnamurti would say screw them all, and I agree with the old goat, coz no one's gonna bring you insight, it's just like you say.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Master
Dear Gem , many Master in so many Buddhism website insist me to meditate following their method .......in my current understanding , the concept of meditation is self exploration ....to me there are trillions way of self meditation ....one can meditate by sitting under the tree or sitting on the toilet bowl ,driving or sorry in advance even in lousy sex ....haha........is always up to own will , own minds . If one is always attached to himself , have faith in his knowledge , have faith in believing who he is ....well perhaps that will be longer more suffering learning journey for him........again is never wrong just that is his learning process .
In my current opinion one should free from his knowledge , free from believing who he is , accepting all being -living or non-living is same and equal as him perhaps BEFORE he could try meditation ........becouse as long as one have faith in himself this will limit his exploration on his own self .............
Gem , I was rejected for debate by all until now no monk interested to debate with me , yesterday there was a monk asking me to find local monk to debate but not him .......the reason why I need to debate is all these Master just eager to teach but they never interested to answer my question ...I just a normal father try hard to learn about life , accepting death and share my realization with my daughter ..............that is my aim , perhaps is resulted by desire and not really " Buddhism concept" but well I am still full of pollutant ...........
Thks
CSEe
Old 05-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Dear Gem , many Master in so many Buddhism website insist me to meditate following their method .......in my current understanding , the concept of meditation is self exploration ....to me there are trillions way of self meditation ....one can meditate by sitting under the tree or sitting on the toilet bowl ,driving or sorry in advance even in lousy sex ....haha........is always up to own will , own minds . If one is always attached to himself , have faith in his knowledge , have faith in believing who he is ....well perhaps that will be longer more suffering learning journey for him........again is never wrong just that is his learning process .
In my current opinion one should free from his knowledge , free from believing who he is , accepting all being -living or non-living is same and equal as him perhaps BEFORE he could try meditation ........becouse as long as one have faith in himself this will limit his exploration on his own self .............
Gem , I was rejected for debate by all until now no monk interested to debate with me , yesterday there was a monk asking me to find local monk to debate but not him .......the reason why I need to debate is all these Master just eager to teach but they never interested to answer my question ...I just a normal father try hard to learn about life , accepting death and share my realization with my daughter ..............that is my aim , perhaps is resulted by desire and not really " Buddhism concept" but well I am still full of pollutant ...........
Thks
CSEe

Well, I'm a bit different because I don't care much what buddhists say, but I like thich nhat hahn, who is a buddhist monk. He was a powerful advocate for peace in Veitnam. He walks the talk. He lives up to his own convictions.

Never mind, you are a kind man who loves his family, and you have more than I ever will, you'r daughter will see you are good and then she will be kind as she learned from you.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Rin

Wake up!!!

Edit: Damn, only realized just now that this is teaching too. I apologize for doing that.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
Wake up!!!

Edit: Damn, only realized just now that this is teaching too. I apologize for doing that.

Hi Rin .........I am truly happy to see you here .......how are you my friend ? Yes thanks for the call ....but please share with me , what makes you wake up and wake up for what ...and why we need to stay awake or perhaps is always very comforting to go back to sleep right ?.....Share with me Rin , I wish to learn from you .
Thks
CSEe
Old 05-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Well, I'm a bit different because I don't care much what buddhists say, but I like thich nhat hahn, who is a buddhist monk. He was a powerful advocate for peace in Veitnam. He walks the talk. He lives up to his own convictions.

Never mind, you are a kind man who loves his family, and you have more than I ever will, you'r daughter will see you are good and then she will be kind as she learned from you.

Thanks Gem ....is better to free from feeling of " having" is suffering for desire to have ...........
Lets learn.
Thks
CSEe
Old 06-10-2012, 05:10 AM
Rin

Quote:
Hi Rin .........I am truly happy to see you here .......how are you my friend ? Yes thanks for the call ....but please share with me , what makes you wake up and wake up for what ...and why we need to stay awake or perhaps is always very comforting to go back to sleep right ?.....Share with me Rin , I wish to learn from you .
Thks
CSEe
One wakes up in the morning because one had enough sleep.
One awakens because one had enough of the **.
In both cases there is no given purpose, it is up to you what you want to do.

However, what you don't want to do is to discuss and debate.