Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 02-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Seeker

General questions about signs and synchronicities

Hi. I'm fairly new here. I would just like to say a warm hello to everyone on this website

I have so many questions on this topic. I really do apologize if I sound immature and I don't expect one person to answer all of these questions.

Who gives humans signs & synchronicities? Is it spirit guides? Do we have to listen to them? Could low form spirits even give people (who are filled with fear like me) false signs & synchronicities? What if it’s just me overanalyzing?

People say “You will know it’s not a coincidence if you feel it deep inside," but a meaningless coincidence may feel important and deep enough to seem like a sign & synchronicity to me.

I feel the need to rationalize these kind of things because I don't want to spend the rest of my life compulsively modifying my life over what could probably be meaningless coincidences. I’m scared that signs & synchronicities are going to tell me that I can’t do something or be with someone that I love. I’m scared that I’ll misread signs & synchronicities that are just coincidences so I don’t even want to pay attention to them anymore.

Can I just live life and exist without paying attention to any of that? Or are listening to signs & synchronities the only way to enlightenment?
Old 03-09-2014, 03:36 AM
Master

I think often it's our guides who give us signs but it also could be your guardian angel if you have one. Sometimes it's the 'universe', many people say.

No, you don't HAVE to listen to them but they're usually given to help us. It's up to you whether you want to ignore them or heed them.

Yes, I believe that there are some negative entities out there who would take great delight in leading you astray by giving you false signs but I don't think that happens very often, I"ve never personally met or heard of anyone experiencing that sort of thing. And yes, I'm sure some people overanalyze things and end up coming to the wrong conclusion - I wouldn't worry about it too much otherwise you'll drive yourself crazy, lol.

Some people are very aware and WILL know if it's not just a coincidence but others may not.......so maybe they'll learn some kind of lesson the hard way - it happens - again I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

If you don't want to spend the rest of your life compulsively modifying your life over what could be meaningless coincidences......then don't. Perhaps messages, signs and synchronicities may be sent your way to prevent you from having your heart broken by someone you love.....if you don't heed those messages, signs and synchronicities then that relationship might break up in a nasty way some years down the road and break your heart.........that's a chance you'll have to take.

Of course you can just live life and not pay any attention to your guides/guardian angels/the universe.......it's totally up to you. Your guides/angels are there to help you but you don't have to accept their help.

I don't know whether taking heed of signs etc. is a way to enlightenment, in fact IMHO I don't think it is.......your guides and/or angels are there to 'guide' you and help you make the right choices to live your life in the best possible way
Old 04-09-2014, 01:47 PM
Master

Take a deep breath. Life is to enjoy and have fun.

Don't worry about all the signs and synchronicities. Just have some fun. Your in good hands with your guides and angels. They will take care of the tough stuff.

If you fall in love, then you fall in love. Enjoy the moment. If it is a mistake, then there was a lesson to learn. Move on and don't take on negative emotions from the experience.

In other words, turn off your head and live with your heart.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:49 AM
Pathfinder

linen53 probably wrote a very useful way to be: "turn off your head and live with your heart."

Anyways, I had a similar problem. I thought I had to follow all the guidance, but really, I don't. I have to be honest with myself, and use my will. Guidance is there to help me make my decisions in life, but I'm the one making them.

But besides guidance, an even greater help is the heart. Follow it, and there will be peace. But follow your polarized mind, and there will be karma and suffering.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:31 PM
Ascender

Welcome!

I have some thoughts to your questions!

Quote:
Who gives humans signs & synchronicities? Is it spirit guides? Do we have to listen to them? Could low form spirits even give people (who are filled with fear like me) false signs & synchronicities? What if it’s just me overanalyzing?

I believe that it's a combination of your guides, angels and higher self who pass along signs and help you notice syncs. You don't have to listen to them, that's where free will comes in, but chances are if they are trying to get your attention, it's worth listening to. I'm not sure about getting false signs... I think your guides would protect you from that kind of thing. If you do think you are getting false signs, ask your angels and guides to help filter those kinds of things so you only get signs that serve your highest good. Overanalyzing happens! It's what makes you human. Try to analyze without fear and ego though and see what you get. Those things tend to confuse you more than anything.

Quote:
People say “You will know it’s not a coincidence if you feel it deep inside," but a meaningless coincidence may feel important and deep enough to seem like a sign & synchronicity to me.

If it feels important, it's not meaningless. If you feel it's meaningless and it is supposed to mean something your guides will keep trying different things until it is meaningful and you make the connection. Sometimes it takes time for you to get what they are trying to say. If you make the connection but don't get it, ask them to show you in a clearer way that you will understand.

Quote:
I feel the need to rationalize these kind of things because I don't want to spend the rest of my life compulsively modifying my life over what could probably be meaningless coincidences. I’m scared that signs & synchronicities are going to tell me that I can’t do something or be with someone that I love. I’m scared that I’ll misread signs & synchronicities that are just coincidences so I don’t even want to pay attention to them anymore.

If I've learned anything, there are no coincidences. Don't be afraid! Even if it's not what you want right this moment, know that there is something aligning for you down the road. Things take time and sometimes things need to be placed in your path or removed from it to make everything work together. They are always working for your highest good so just take things as they come and don't be disappointed when things don't work out the way ego wants them to. Know that you have much better things coming even if it's hard right now! Tell fear to take a back seat and open yourself to trusting that you are in safe hands :) Personally putting on blinders only makes things harder. Plus it's comforting to know that you are being guided with such care.

I hope this helps a bit! :)
A
Old 10-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Master
Hi,

In my view, the best way to enlightenment is to have a conscious relationship with your higher self or inner wisdom. This is that aspect of you which orchestrates all these coincidences in your life.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/