Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 28-10-2015, 06:44 PM
Newbie ;)

Question Automatic writing: how to get started?

I want to learn how to start automatic writing as a part of my spiritual journey. I have tried a few times in hopes to communicate with my spirit guide, but it was pretty much uneventful. I did hear an inner voice speak a few times, but they oddly only came in half completed sentences... and I'm not sure if it was just me making it up in desperation to make contact. I also had the name Shirley pop into my head... again I don't know if that was my mind just forcing a result. So on to my question:

When you begin automatic writing do you wait for the pen in your hand to start moving, or do you just write down that inner voice?
Old 28-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Knower
I've been doing channeling since I was four years old, back in 1946. Up till the age of twelve, I did voice channeling, with adult relatives or friends asking me questions and writing down my answers, usually on a typewriter. I also tried doing automatic writing in longhand, which I taught myself before I entered grade school, but this never worked very well for me. However, once I learned to use a typewriter myself, I started writing down my own voice-channeled messages, and gradually stopped speaking them out loud.

I still channel this way, though I switched to using a home computer in the Eighties. However, none of this is actually automatic writing in the usual sense, which comes through without an audible component. The channeler just goes into a psychic trance state and the messages from the Other Side come through "automatically" in written form.

And I gather from reading your message that you are actually doing voice channeling, and it may not be a good idea to even try to do automatic writing. Just speak whatever messages come into your mind aloud ... with a voice recorder of some kind turned on, of course. So no matter what comes through, you'll automatically have a record of it.

I also recommend that you work with other people, as I started out doing. It helps to have someone to ask you questions that make it easier for your Spirit Guides to send down coherent information.
Old 29-10-2015, 02:17 AM
Newbie ;)

Wow thank you Spiritrebel, that was very insightful. I had no idea that I was "voice channelling"... hmm I should look more into this. I feel uplifted now, I was getting frustrated with myself trying to do this automatic writing thing without any results. I never would have thought to speak messages into a recorder. What a brilliant idea!

Do you have any advice to help me get complete sentences? Well I suppose practice, practice and more practice will help lol. Although I would love to practice working with other people I have social anxiety, so that inner voice completely goes away when I'm anxious around people. But I hope this will change if I'm able to first practice on my own to get clearer messages. I would love to help others in the future!

Last time I was "voice channelling" and writing the messages down, this is what I got (again oddly only incomplete sentences):

- "There is much to be said... in time..."
- "There will be communication..."
- "Trust that I am with you, be not afraid"
- "I will be there when you need me"
- "Forgive, the past will..."
- "I will be there because..."
- and then I got the name "Shirley"
Old 29-10-2015, 03:26 AM
Ascender
Meditation helps. Sometimes it's focus.
I use automatic writing. Sometimes I close my eyes and see the response in words. I also visualise a laptop where I can see the messages appear.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:10 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you Howla Dark for your tips. That's an interesting technique visualizing a laptop. I'll have to try that!
Old 05-11-2015, 09:33 PM
Seeker

I think meditation can be a great help, as can practicing every day. Even if you're only getting snippets of setences, it's still a good start and it can only go up from there. :)
Old 05-11-2015, 10:04 PM
Administrator
Meditation is the best way to connect ,automatic writing is better done when you sit quiet clear your mind,and let spirit guide your hand,

Namaste
Old 06-11-2015, 04:28 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks crystalexoskeleton for the tips and positive encouragement. I get so excited to make contact with my spirit guide that maybe he/she can only get snippets through lol. I suppose meditation would help with that, like you and others here are recommending.

And thank you Native spirit for your tip, I never felt my hand being guided... yet. But with practice and patience (and meditation!) I hope that will change.
Old 16-11-2015, 05:18 PM
Ascender
I have that problem sometimes. It comes down to how much you trust the entity you are speaking to and if you can stay calm. I used to have entire conversations when i thought I was just talking to myself but when I realized it was something else talking back it got harder. It gets easier the more you practice. Write it down word by word and insist they go back when you miss a few words. They have to be patient with you if they want the message to get through.
Old 16-11-2015, 07:53 PM
TonyG

Not sure if this will help you but.......

At my circle we do what's known as an empty chair reading. We take a pen and notepad and give a reading while looking at the chair.

The reason this happens is because we can have odd numbers and so we take it in terns to work alone. The other day I had to give our circle leader a reading while he walked around and watched the other members.
I shut my eyes, only opening them to write, the information flooded in quick, at one point I was finding it hard to keep up. We had ten minutes to work and when the time was up I'd filled one side of a notepad.

The only intention I had was to read for him and I connected with his grandad, giving some good clear information and he was particularly impressed with one piece of validation I gave which was the odd way his grandad had passed.

I would say that getting confirmation of a connection gives your confidence a boast and you need to have someone tell you that you're correct .
Of course there are various ways to channel but from my perspective I like to know for sure that the results I'm getting can be validated.

I don't hear voices as such, when reading, just that sense of knowing, but working alone with a notepad feels such a strong connection, I'm not sure why but it's a good way to work, but as I say, I have to get validation afterwards so I know for myself that it's not just my own mind chatting away

Not sure if that adds to this thread but I think you see where I'm coming from