Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 30-03-2012, 05:10 AM
Newbie ;)

Very confused person here...

Hi all, first of all... Not sure which forum to put this in, so I just picked the general 'Spirituality' forum (There are a lot of categories to choose from lol...)

I am glad there are forums like this out here though... too many people who believe in concretes instead of what may be. Humans don't always have to see to believe.
But anyways...

I have been sad for a few days now. A couple of weeks it happened but only one day. Then it arrived again. My emotions have gone down so much. It feels like daggers in my soul (which is my heart area, but I like to associate the heart with soul too.), very agonizing. The problem is... which I find unbelievable at the same time, is deeply sympathizing with a stranger. I didn't ever meet them, only saw them and see pain in the face. I feel like my soul is trying to tell me to help the person out. I uhh... wrote out a letter, which I want to send sometime, whenever possible...
but I just want to understand why I feel this way. I want to help so badly!

The only thing I thought about was them and their problems (for some days now), and I've been praying to god every single day. I can't believe I'd feel this way. What's up ... ?! I don't think it's 'nothing' either...

I thought about, maybe it is god's calling. I'm only 17 ... but you know, it can happen any time, huh? This type of person doesn't have any friends, and is much like me. And I want to learn more about them. More about them... I'm interested. I want to be their friend and give them hope, and heal them. Well, if anyone has any comments please step forward, I'm very interested in what some ideas are. I go to this forum in hope
Old 30-03-2012, 05:18 AM
Experiencer
Sounds like you might just be a little overly empathetic in this instance. It's great to have strong empathy, but not when it starts bringing you down. Keeping yourself emotionally well is what will make you most effective at helping others.

Try and keep yourself grounded. I would say you should meditate, and also do energy work with a focus on the earth element. Being close to nature in some way is helpful with this kind of stuff too. Also, visualizing a sort of protective bubble or shield around you can help with preventing another person's emotions from becoming a burden.

Good luck with this stuff, and make sure you focus primarily on yourself; you can't help others unless you yourself are healthy.
Old 30-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Master
I agree with ribiq. It sounds like you are losing yourself in others. Never a good idea. Self esteem helps us stay healthy and alive.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 30-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Master
Hi purplefinch and welcome to the forum...

It can help a lot to keep your balance by having a simple meditation practice you do every day.

Here's one you might like:
Three Steps into your true nature - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=32551#post32551

blessings
Xan

Old 30-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Mountain-Goat

Physician, heal thyself.
Old 30-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Newbie ;)

I think you good people misunderstood me. First how could people judge my self esteem from one post, in which I don't even give half the details or know me? In fact, I'm very content with myself. I have no qualms with myself. The fact is my question still hasn't been answered. It seems as if I should lay off the stranger or something. I was merely asking why I would feel this way towards a stranger, yes empathetic, but how much is 'too much'? I was wondering if it is meant for me to help the stranger and thus become friends. lol. Which I think so... so yeah. I have to wait awhile though to be able to do what I want (I can't give details). Just want a deeper in take to my soul that is all. Anyways last night I had a dream about them, in which I was sitting somewhere in a cafeteria. I saw them walk to their seat, sitting alone with a plate of pancakes. Some punks were making fun of the person, even when they were walking to the seat. I stood up from my seat and told the punks why they make fun of a good person. Just plain stood up for the stranger. I then proceeded to sit next to the person and make friends I guess. But that is all I remember. I'm sure there was a conversation but of course I don't remember it.
Old 30-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator
I wonder if it is a matter of being able to relate to what the person is going through so helping them will in turn help yourself. You seem to identify but in another respect that person isn't you so you can be objective about their situation. How you handle their situation is how you would like to handle your own?

That said, the reason people suggested that you walk away is because you state you have physical symptoms over this person. That says to us that to some extent, even if you don't necessarily feel this, you are taking on their pain. Your concern over this person is causing you to feel bad and that isn't healthy for you so the advice given is for your well being. if you are in balance you will be better able to help others but if you allow their troubles to weigh you down and put daggers in your heart then you will wind up with a physically sick heart.

But ultimately it sounds like you want to help. That is very admirable so I suggest asking your guides to give you some insights in what to do. I generally tend to do this before I go to bed at night and get dreams or more so wake up with thoughts and feelings on how I should proceed. But do take some time to reflect how your feelings are playing into this. It is important for you to stay objective as you move forward in life or all the troubles of the world will take you to dark places that may lead you to become physically sick. So essentially try to make sure you find some balance for yourself in whatever way works for you and you will do much more good in the world.

To the point of asking your guides it sounds like you did this a bit with your dream. The dream you had seems to indicate to me that you have a desire to help them find happiness. They are likely not finding much joy in life and if you became their friend they may indeed find that they can enjoy a plate of pancakes (pleasure and comfort). So if you feel compelled write the letter to them and take it from there but do make sure to keep yourself grounded. It really is the only way you will truly be able to help many, many people throughout your lifetime .

Take care,
Michelle