Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 11-01-2011, 12:42 AM
TheDivine

SLEEP disturbance, big time!

I have been sleeping like such utter garbage lately, and nothing I do is helping... not even acupuncture, which usually puts me out like a light. No matter how early I go to sleep, or no matter how tired I am, it takes me forever to fall asleep, and then I wake up really early!

I am familiar with the eastern medicine diagnoses surrounding this problem, but none of those fit me. I've been speaking with other people in my life and many others are talking about freakishly poor sleep also. I wanted to expand my inquiry and ask people here.

Every night I seriously have only been getting 3-4 hours sleep max., and the next night I feel exhausted but the same thing happens. I am barely functioning.

Is it just me?

If not, then what the frilly heck is going on?
Old 11-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Master
I keep on waking up at 3am for the past four nights ... it's driving me crazy too. I actually had a snooze today for 2 hrs during the day .
I don't feel tired now but really I should go to bed lol .
Good luck x

I blame it on my twin lol He's a night owl :)

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:37 PM
iolite

Have you added anything new to your diet or supplement list lately? Has anything changed in your work or home environment recently? If you're experiencing stress, that can increase cortisol levels and raised cortisol levels can cause sleep issues. Holy basil can help lower night time cortisol levels. You can get it in capsule form and in tea form -- Tulsi Tea. Ashwaganda is also an helpful adaptive adrenal herb. Relora lowers cortisol levels too.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Master
.5mg of Melatonin a few hours before bed can help too.
Spiritlite.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:18 PM
iolite

Yes, melatonin can help, but if your body is pumping out excess cortisol, you'll need more than .5mg of melatonin. When my adrenal fatigue was at its worst (high cortisol 24/7) I was taking phosphatidylserine + 30 mg of melatonin (not a typo). I went from waking EVERY hour to sleeping 3 hrs at a time... not great, but an improvement.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Enya

You *might* be working during sleep state and so not resting properly. Have you tried before bed just saying to your spirit friends and own spirit - I need to rest tonight. No work, please.

I have found that to work, sometimes.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:46 AM
TheDivine

Thanks for the advice everyone. You've give me some new perspectives to consider.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Master
I've mentioned the B-complex vitamins, and the niacin is especially important and I also recently found a liquid version, and I take it in water (a shot glass) just before bedtime and I sleep so much better. The B-complex vitamins help stress and nerves. (I also take megadoses of vitamin C most days, and that could contribute to well-being.)

Also, Vitamin D3 could help you AND tryptophan which is in many foods, but the first food I heard of that contained it was turkey.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:04 PM
autumn

I've been wondering what's going on, too. I haven't been able to sleep and almost everyone I know is complaining of the same problem.
Old 13-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Racer X

Melatonin, Valerian Root, Lemon Balm, Passion Flower, Chamomile, Cat-Mint, will all work to sooth the nerves and aid in falling asleep.

Exercise during the day will aid to restore some balance to the body......

Eliminating as many chemicals and food additives as possible will also be beneficial. Eat organic as possible or affordable.....

Exercise the mind as well...........study some, move around some, then take calming herbs throughout the day and particularly at night. Get use to the effects of herbs before driving or using machinery as you may not be completely focused at first.........

Meditation will help ease the anxiety which unsettles the nerves.

Facing anxiety and admitting to self that your nervous tension is there......now that is the hard part. If this is a problem I suggest a little study of "Denial" and "Projection" as defense systems which are keeping you hostage to being unable to sleep.

Massage therapy, water therapy(hot baths), .......google "trouble sleeping" and explore!