Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 06-10-2012, 03:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaceykat
YES :) thank you. I would agree, a herkimer: pix of stone #16 shows the little spots which to me looked like cigarette ash, almost exactly the same type of spots.

So I just did a google on their spiritual use and came up with the below quote, that they help attune you to your spirit guides and work with the higher chakras, which is kinda funny to me, since my Reiki practitioner always said I was lopsided, that I had too much higher chakra going, that I need grounding (yes, I am a tree hugger. Literally. When I think no one is looking. It's supposed to help ground ones energy system )

Don't know if you agree with the following but this is what it says about Herkimers:
"They are potent high crystal energy stones, and will help whatever crystals that they are combined with, to work more effectively... and have a stronger resonance within your auric field.
Using these powerhouse stones in meditation is the other step you can take. Doing a daily crystal meditation with these powerful stones for many people is the beginning of a highly spiritual experience... which may lead to the opening of a variety of psychic gifts.
These are powerful stones for the higher chakras. When you use them during meditation, Herkimers are powerful stones to open the higher chakras. They will take the energy up through the third eye chakra and crown chakra to the soul star chakra and higher transpersonal chakras.
If during your meditation you pair it with other high vibration stones, it will magnify the other stone's vibration, and so enrich your meditation experience...While you are meditating with this stone... you can also program it to enhance your natural gifts and talents and improve your mental state. This could also be done with any stones in your jewelry, to make them highly effective aids to spiritual growth."

Thanks I am finding this very useful. Oh and the Desert Roses in the window, I swear it's like they've been soothing & talking to me all night long about the neighbor: "don't even look out at his house, it's fine, let it alone." Just the shift I've been looking for... Hey, I know what! If Herkimers can increase the vibe of other stones, then I should add them to the Desert Roses, to amp their protection...!

Yup Herks go great with tons of stuff. That is why I started looking for one because they go so great with Moldavite and that is by far my favorite thing to work with. If you're having grounding issues I suggest you pick up some Smoky Quartz it is great for grounding. Probably one of the best and it's not as pricey as some of the others. Currently I am using Smoky Quartz and Nuummite to ground me because Moldavite does the opposite, it elevates you and so you need proper grounding to remain stable mentally, physically, and spiritually. Nuummite is great too it is actually one of the oldest minerals on Earth so of course it is great for grounding you to Mother Earth.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Kaceykat

thanks for that, coincidentally the person whose collection I have, cut me a smoky quartz for a HS graduation ring almost four decades ago; it is back on my finger right now, although I am not sure the size (1/2 x 1/3 of an inch) is enough to ground dizzy ole' me :)

Last night there was motorcycle noise at the neighbor's at 10 PM, minor stuff and yet it triggered a surge of anger in me (after 7 years, I guess I'm just fed up?) So on a whim, I put my hands on that large yellow cluster of crystals and asked if them if they could accept the anger from me. All of a sudden, I felt shivering through my shoulders on down, not in a bad way, but sort of like being cold. I was just sort of amazed at how much better I felt: I didn't know you could react physically to crystals, I guess in my ignorance I thought they were just for internal things... This morning, I gave them a bath, and suddenly felt so aware of my HEELS. I took another pix of them in closeup:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3735865...in/photostream

I'm wondering if they could be a quartz/siderite combo like this auction on ebay which looks similar:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Quar...9#ht_720wt_600

Thank you for all this, you really have me interested in what else might be in his collection! And it's been under my nose for the last ten years...
Old 06-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Master
Make sure that you keep the roses away from water, as it will dissolve them. Here's a link to a site about Selenite.

Quartz points are great for grids etc. Also check this site.

Amethyst is a protective stone, perhaps you may also have some of that :)
Old 07-10-2012, 02:02 AM
Kaceykat

Protection eh? I could use all of that I can get :) I have some but just in jewelry, nothing as nice and large as some of what some members uploaded, over in the crystal-picture thread...
Old 10-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Master
Jewelry is great, as it keeps their energy within your aura. You can always give them a boost with the Herkimer's :)
Old 10-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Neville

Please don't keep clear crystals in the sunny window sill.

You may well start a fire as clear quartz like a magnifying glass magnifies the heat from the Sun.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Kaceykat

Thank you both for your input, & for Neville's warning! Gosh, starting a fire never occurred to me (duuuh on me)

But now that Likes2Read has posted a different way to cleanse crystals with the breath instead, I'll be sure to keep the clear ones out of harm's way...

I am finding this so interesting, and comforting too. I bet my grandfather would love it that I am FINALLY getting out his collection and playing with it.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:43 AM
Master
Smudge sticks are really good at cleansing because they remove any attachments any spirit/person/entity may have to the stones. Not saying those stones do but just in-case it is always a good idea when you acquire stones to do at least one cleansing with smudge sticks.