Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-03-2022, 12:34 AM
Experiencer

Ho Theos

I used Bing, and looked that up-Ho Theos= Only the Father is called the God( Ho Theos) in the NT. Plain Theos, as in the last line at John 1:1 gets-god small g.

Translations in history had it correct, but rejected by the trinity clergys because it would expose them as false.

New testament an improved version-1808-a god
New testament in Greek and English-1822= a god ( compared both languages side by side proving a god is correct
Literal translation of NT-1863= a god
Concise commentary bible- 1885= a god
Plus others up until the 1950,s
NWT = a god

James Moffatt bible used--was divine
Hugh Schoenfield bible used-was divine
Edgar Goodspeed bible used-was divine.

That means trinity scholars know its error but refuse to make correction. They would rather mislead and keep the billions rolling in.

Anyone can google HoTheos and find truth.
Old 15-03-2022, 03:06 PM
Master

And if you study further and further you find out that it's not the rule, for there are many places where the "the" is missing when talking about "the God"... And this is what I do not like, this is a not so nice ( what I am saying here? :)) ) ways to trick people into coming to your beliefs, tell the whole picture or no picture.
Old 15-03-2022, 03:44 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
And if you study further and further you find out that it's not the rule, for there are many places where the "the" is missing when talking about "the God"... And this is what I do not like, this is a not so nice ( what I am saying here? :)) ) ways to trick people into coming to your beliefs, tell the whole picture or no picture.

ThatMan,

Right now this is a recurrent theme on this forum…..once again I would call attention to John 5:39. The most basic question might be….”would God even exist without the Bible ?” Somehow indigenous people have found Him. A case of not being able to see the forest for the trees. The ‘trees’ are multiple translations of Scripture….we put our focus on that….heads buried in books that will agree with what we believe. We really need to look up and see God. In our zeal we allow ourselves to be pigeonholed. Are any of us even capable of writing a new book to the Bible ? Would we base it on other books we have read or on direct revelations from God ?
Old 15-03-2022, 04:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
The most basic question might be….”would God even exist without the Bible "
Yes........
Old 15-03-2022, 05:47 PM
Master
But without the Bible, would a person who never been exposed to Bible teachings, know about that God or would they know about some other God(s)?

If you read the books of the Kings, it appears the people bought the argument that reading/studying was not important. They were involved in a lot of wars only to find out they were worshipping the 'wrong' God! They found this out when they finally found the 'scriptures' that they did not know existed.

As Molearner mentioned..... John 5:39...... that doesn't mean ignore the Bible but get to learn its main themes and come to see how Jesus played a major role in fulfilling those Hebrew scriptures.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-03-2022, 06:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan

If you look, 'Apostle' John begins John 1:1 by repeating the beginning of Genesis :1.1. "In the beginning". When Genesis 1.1 (a) got translated into Greek, there was no corresponding Greek word for the Word in Hebrew that sounded something like Elohim. That word should have been translated like AMEN is normally translated. If you notice, in virtually all languages that word that sounds like AMEN in Hebrew is translated so it sounds like 'Amen' in the jhost language. The same should have been done with Elohim.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-03-2022, 06:33 PM
Master
Quote:
EXCERPT Somehow indigenous people have found Him.
From personal observations, indigenous people do not seem to find the Bilbical God. In many cases, those people seem to resonate with Animism.

Old 15-03-2022, 06:48 PM
Master

Quote:
ThatMan, Right now this is a recurrent theme on this forum…..once again I would call attention to John 5:39. The most basic question might be….”would God even exist without the Bible ?”

@Molearner, to put it simply, I am here only talking from a scriptural background, my view is different, my understanding is different but I try keep myself on the straight line of scripture.

God is... that which is.... and that which is... is absolute love beyond our wildest dreams.

@Molearner, in the Bible we find many perceptions of God which are very human like and among these interpretation of God we find things that are not of the mind but of the Mind, for example, God is love but even this is a pale interpretation of God really is for it is beyond all that our minds can ever conceive so one must move beyond the mind.
Old 15-03-2022, 07:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
.... there was no corresponding Greek word for the Word in Hebrew that sounded something like Elohim.

Do you think those who wrote the "original" Greek manuscripts got it wrong? Then let's discard the whole NT for it is of no use but if those writers came to clear things based on a new and clearer understanding of God which even if it was diluted through the many exchanges of information or even something else, it still has the essence there. For not only the religious have been using it as a source of knowledge but even so the occult and those who see beyond the literal, for there are tons and tons of writings about it.

Ultimately, only the direct experience of God can reveal us the truth, when you are "face to face" with the divine all is revealed to you, which mostly happens when we die, at least that is what the NDEs say and my own experiences and in those few rare occasions when is blessed with the expansion of one's consciousness, one sees more and knows more, one for that moment, God is.
Old 15-03-2022, 07:40 PM
Master
I was not talking about the "original" Greek manuscripts. I was talking about the Hebrew manuscripts that had a 'rush job' done on them to get them translated into Koine Greek. That 'rush job' did have a rippling effect though in the Greek manuscripts as I previously mentioned.

Look at 2 Corinthians 4:4. It speaks of another god. The Greek word for god in that verse is the same Greek word in dispute in John 1:1. What is your comment on that?