Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 09-09-2016, 04:10 AM
Experiencer

advice for raising your vibration to help with astral projection.

sup guys, im really board, so why not write a post about what works best for raising my vibration, enjoy :)

im sure most all you guys already know or have read about raising your vibration will help with astral projecting, how ever, i cant seem to find anything
that fully explains why and how to raise your vibration, so ill just make one :)

Be appreciative, yes, i know, every one always says "be appreciative"
but thats a lot easier said then done right?
i mean, what happens if your a person that is in a truly horrible situation in life and you cant find anything to be appreciative of?
sometimes, no matter how you try, you simply cant truly feel appreciative of anything even if you want to, for instance, you may try to appreciate the very fact that your alive but sometimes that does not even work.the trick to all of this lies with your perspective.allow me to explain.

for a moment, lets forget everything we know about this world, universe and dimension.try to imagine what it would be like if you never experienced this dimension at all......what would you understand? what type of perspective would you have about existance?
the truth is, you would not be able to comprehend a lot of concepts that we learn to understand while we live in this dimension, for instance, death, if you never experienced death then it would not be possible for you to understand the concept of death, there for, you could not possibly understand the concept of eternal life, so how could you possibly be appreciative of eternal life if you are not able to comprehend your immortality, its like you will simply take eternal life for granted without ever putting any thought into.
this perspective applies to many things.how can you be appreciative of love if you never experienced hate? how would you know what love is?
how could you be appreciative of joy if you never experienced suffering?
see, these concepts that we label as love,joy,hate,anger ect.. gives us a frame of reference to base our thoughts and ideas off of.without a point of reference then we can not comprehend such aspects.

raising your vibration becomes easy and natural once when you look at life from the perspective i discribed. this may even allow you to appreciate negative situations, for instance, lets say you fall and break your arm, yes, it would suck and would not be fun, it would hurt a lot @.@
how ever, if you learn to appreciate the fact that you are able to understand pleasure because of pain, then you can manage to manifest positive energy even in a negative moment. (im not saying i would be appreciative though, im still working on myself, and honestly, i would be ****ed for a while o.0)
its not the specifics in my post that matters, its the concepts that matter.
so pretty much, simply look at negative events with a positive perspective, this may easily help you rapidly raise your vibration to produce more positive energy, thus, giving you more energy to use for your astral journey :)
Old 09-09-2016, 08:32 AM
Lorelyen

"Raising one's vibrations" is one of these new age catchphrases that appear with monotonous regularity on let-me-make-you-feel-better websites.

Aside from making no sense in itself - what vibrations are you talking about and how are you going to alter them? Ah, the pundits say, be good, do positive things. To me it means do the unhealthy thing of suppressing the darkness of your life so pretending it doesn't exist. Another lot come on and lecture us about energies quoting bits of ideas they've picked up here and there but haven't really gelled.

However, that's just a glancing comment. The rate at which you vibrate has nothing to do with astral projection in fact if you want any real benefit, enter unpretentiously as you are and just go. Obviously it helps with self-improvement but that happens along many axes. Astral projection may not be the best tool in the box depending what you want to do.

Your commentary about experiences, awareness and the duality of our lives is dead on and people must ask these questions as part of their growth inwardly, intuitively as well as intellectually. What happens is that as we explore our inner and the astral worlds we expand awareness and get shot of the dross that ties us to the prison of our upbringing and social conditioning. If shedding illusion and getting closer to self, to what some people here call the higher self, the banners that illustrate the paragons that we'd love to be, is what the so-called gurus call "raising your vibrations" then that's good.

To me it's never really been about "being positive" all the time. That's unbalanced. As you said, you can't do that without a backdrop of the opposite against which to offset it, so I've tended toward a neutrality, a balance. My vibrations are at zero. If I start vibrating people accuse me of going out of focus, fuzzy!

Even so, I'm most interested to hear how you might just "raise your vibrations" using astral travel, if you can explain firstly what that catchphrase actually means.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Knower

I wouldn't get too hung up on the catchphrases. Words are so limited when it comes to describing something transcendent. "Balance", for example, as you've so well cast it, depends on opposing forces. I get what you mean. For me, I prefer to conceptualize the same phenomenon as "harmony", which renders positive/negative more neutral.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Lorelyen

Not hung up. When a sequence of words doesn't make sense and is beyond conceptuality but arises in a part of the forum in which I learn I have two choices - dismiss it as nonsense; ask. This particular phrase is without substance so I dismiss it. Most of these latter-day pseudo-gurus on the web get by with obfuscation. No problem with comedy sketches as long as seekers don't take them seriously. But let's not befuddle astral projection, eh?

Old 09-09-2016, 06:25 PM
Master

I read a book where they talk about lowering your mental frequency in order to get to an elated state of being. They talk about living withing the theta - delta wave rather than the beta that is quite high frequency. The thing about lowering your mental vibration is that it makes you feel high (on life). So I agree that the point to be made is appreciate as much as it is ever so abundantly possible. Be happy. Believe in yourself. Feel blessed. This brings you in alignment with self - thus you become elated... and life becomes bliss.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:42 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
"Raising one's vibrations" is one of these new age catchphrases that appear with monotonous regularity on let-me-make-you-feel-better websites.

Aside from making no sense in itself - what vibrations are you talking about and how are you going to alter them? Ah, the pundits say, be good, do positive things. To me it means do the unhealthy thing of suppressing the darkness of your life so pretending it doesn't exist. Another lot come on and lecture us about energies quoting bits of ideas they've picked up here and there but haven't really gelled.

However, that's just a glancing comment. The rate at which you vibrate has nothing to do with astral projection in fact if you want any real benefit, enter unpretentiously as you are and just go. Obviously it helps with self-improvement but that happens along many axes. Astral projection may not be the best tool in the box depending what you want to do.

Your commentary about experiences, awareness and the duality of our lives is dead on and people must ask these questions as part of their growth inwardly, intuitively as well as intellectually. What happens is that as we explore our inner and the astral worlds we expand awareness and get shot of the dross that ties us to the prison of our upbringing and social conditioning. If shedding illusion and getting closer to self, to what some people here call the higher self, the banners that illustrate the paragons that we'd love to be, is what the so-called gurus call "raising your vibrations" then that's good.

To me it's never really been about "being positive" all the time. That's unbalanced. As you said, you can't do that without a backdrop of the opposite against which to offset it, so I've tended toward a neutrality, a balance. My vibrations are at zero. If I start vibrating people accuse me of going out of focus, fuzzy!

Even so, I'm most interested to hear how you might just "raise your vibrations" using astral travel, if you can explain firstly what that catchphrase actually means.

ok, ill explain,

do you know is the force that seperates dimensions?....its vibration....
want proof, ok, fine, take light for instance, light is a vibrating electromagnetic wave, the vibration speed of this wave determines the color we perceive it as, human eyes can only see a small spectrum of light frequencies, if the wave of light is vibrating slow, our eyes cant see it, if the wave vibrates to fast, we cant see it:

The visible spectrum is the portion of the electromagnetic spectrum that is visible to the human eye. Electromagnetic radiation in this range of wavelengths is called visible light or simply light. A typical human eye will respond to wavelengths from about 390 to 700 nm.[1] In terms of frequency, this corresponds to a band in the vicinity of 430–770 THz.

The spectrum does not, however, contain all the colors that the human eyes and brain can distinguish. Unsaturated colors such as pink, or purple variations such as magenta, are absent, for example, because they can be made only by a mix of multiple wavelengths. Colors containing only one wavelength are also called pure colors or spectral colors.

Visible wavelengths pass through the "optical window", the region of the electromagnetic spectrum that allows wavelengths to pass largely unattenuated through the Earth's atmosphere. An example of this phenomenon is that clean air scatters blue light more than red wavelengths, and so the midday sky appears blue. The optical window is also referred to as the "visible window" because it overlaps the human visible response spectrum. The near infrared (NIR) window lies just out of the human vision, as well as the Medium Wavelength IR (MWIR) window, and the Long Wavelength or Far Infrared (LWIR or FIR) window, although other animals may experience them.

Spectroscopy is the study of objects based on the spectrum of color they emit, absorb or reflect. Spectroscopy is an important investigative tool in astronomy, where scientists use it to analyze the properties of distant objects. Typically, astronomical spectroscopy uses high-dispersion diffraction gratings to observe spectra at very high spectral resolutions. Helium was first detected by analysis of the spectrum of the sun. Chemical elements can be detected in astronomical objects by emission lines and absorption lines.

The shifting of spectral lines can be used to measure the Doppler shift (red shift or blue shift) of distant objects.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now nets talk about sound, sound acts the same as light, our human ears can only hear a limited range of sound wave frequencies.these sound wave frequencies are vibrations, if the vibration is to slow, we cant hear it, if its to fast, we cant hear it.just because we cant hear or see something does not mean that its not there.

An audio frequency (abbreviation: AF) or audible frequency is characterized as a periodic vibration whose frequency is audible to the average human. The SI unit of audio frequency is the hertz (Hz). It is the property of sound that most determines pitch.

The generally accepted standard range of audible frequencies is 20 to 20,000 Hz,although the range of frequencies individuals hear is greatly influenced by environmental factors. Frequencies below 20 Hz are generally felt rather than heard, assuming the amplitude of the vibration is great enough. Frequencies above 20,000 Hz can sometimes be sensed by young people. High frequencies are the first to be affected by hearing loss due to age and/or prolonged exposure to very loud noises.

Frequencies and descriptions
Frequency (Hz) Octave Description
16 to 32 1st The lower human threshold of hearing, and the lowest pedal notes of a pipe organ.
32 to 512 2nd to 5th Rhythm frequencies, where the lower and upper bass notes lie.
512 to 2048 6th to 7th Defines human speech intelligibility, gives a horn-like or tinny quality to sound.
2048 to 8192 8th to 9th Gives presence to speech, where labial and fricative sounds lie.
8192 to 16384 10th Brilliance, the sounds of bells and the ringing of cymbals and sibilance in speech.
16384 to 32768 11th Beyond Brilliance, nebulous sounds approaching and just passing the upper human threshold of hearing
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

lets move on to the resonance frequency of matter, see, everything in this 3rd dimension is made of matter, if you break down this matter to have a look at what makes up matter, you will find that it is energy, FYI, einstien has proved with E=MC2.this means that even you are made of matter, this mean your energy, on top of that, all matter/energy has a resonance frequency, also known as vibration.so you, yourself are constantly vibrating at your own frequency...wait let me guess, since you dont feel the vibrations then you must not be vibrating right? lol!!
see, when energy vibrates slowly, it becomes more dense and solid, when the energies vibration speeds up, it becomes less dense.take a look at how tempatures effects matter, for instance, cold, when the particles that makes up an object begins to slow down, the objects tempature loweres, and if you excite the particles of the object, the objects tempature rises.see the connection? slow particles=slow vibration and high temptatues= higher vibration.slow=dense and fast=less dense.think about it, when water gets cold, it freezes, it becomes ice, which is solid, when it warms, it becomes a liquid, which is less dense then ice, continue to heat it, it becomes a gas, which is even less dense then liquid....see the pattern?
if an objects resonance frequency is fast enough, it can reach such a less dense state so that it passes through solid matter, it becomes undetectable to humans and machines, this my friend, is considered in being in a higher dimension.as you should already know, as an object picks up speed, E=MC2 says that the object gains energy, so when your raising your vibration, your energy is moving faster, thus, you begin to consist of more energy.thoughts are vibrations as well, a negative thought produces slow vibrations, positive thought produces higher vibrations, you can control your bodies frequency by using your thoughts and emotions.

In physics, resonance is a phenomenon in which a vibrating system or external force drives another system to oscillate with greater amplitude at a specific preferential frequency.

Increase of amplitude as damping decreases and frequency approaches resonant frequency of a driven damped simple harmonic oscillator.[1][2]
Frequencies at which the response amplitude is a relative maximum are known as the system's resonant frequencies or resonance frequencies. At resonant frequencies, small periodic driving forces have the ability to produce large amplitude oscillations. This is because the system stores vibrational energy.

Resonance occurs when a system is able to store and easily transfer energy between two or more different storage modes (such as kinetic energy and potential energy in the case of a pendulum). However, there are some losses from cycle to cycle, called damping. When damping is small, the resonant frequency is approximately equal to the natural frequency of the system, which is a frequency of unforced vibrations. Some systems have multiple, distinct, resonant frequencies.

Resonance phenomena occur with all types of vibrations or waves: there is mechanical resonance, acoustic resonance, electromagnetic resonance, nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), electron spin resonance (ESR) and resonance of quantum wave functions. Resonant systems can be used to generate vibrations of a specific frequency (e.g., musical instruments), or pick out specific frequencies from a complex vibration containing many frequencies.

there you go sir, have a great day!!

BTW, focusing your attention away from the negative is not " suppressing your darkness "
its being able to accept the negative and allow the negative energy be released while focusing on the positive.

what your doing is

Last edited by dutchiexx : 10-09-2016 at 12:26 AM.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:59 PM
Master

I have raised my vibration by not watching the news. I have not watched the news for four weeks. I noticed I do not have wrestles leg syndrome since I have not been watching the news. I rarely watch current affairs. It is all bad news and makes you feel depressed. I do not follow politics which is good. Politics gets nasty. I work in an industry which is full of negativity. I am not able to get away from that. When I am finished work I try to forget about it. I admit I do think of negative things which I want to stop doing. It is a habit and I have to try and break it. I do not talk to other people about it. When you do not think of negative things you feel a lot happier and your vibration would have to be higher. From my experiences my illnesses go away when I am thinking good thoughts. Of course it depends on the illness. If you are blind, deaf, crippled etc thinking good thoughts will not make you better.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:35 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
I have raised my vibration by not watching the news. I have not watched the news for four weeks. I noticed I do not have wrestles leg syndrome since I have not been watching the news. I rarely watch current affairs. It is all bad news and makes you feel depressed. I do not follow politics which is good. Politics gets nasty. I work in an industry which is full of negativity. I am not able to get away from that. When I am finished work I try to forget about it. I admit I do think of negative things which I want to stop doing. It is a habit and I have to try and break it. I do not talk to other people about it. When you do not think of negative things you feel a lot happier and your vibration would have to be higher. From my experiences my illnesses go away when I am thinking good thoughts. Of course it depends on the illness. If you are blind, deaf, crippled etc thinking good thoughts will not make you better.

yup, i totally agree with you.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:10 PM
Lorelyen

Sorry I'm being a bit pedestrian today but I don't quite understand. I won't go through your whole post though, just some bits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx
ok, ill explain,

do you know is the force that seperates dimensions?....its vibration....
want proof, ok, fine, take light for instance, light is a vibrating electromagnetic wave, the vibration speed of this wave determines the color we perceive it as, human eyes can only see a small spectrum of light frequencies, if the wave of light is vibrating slow, our eyes cant see it, if the wave vibrates to fast, we cant see it:
You'll have to explain to me how vibration separates dimensions, what these dimensions are.

Light is a bit of a puzzle. Could be my science is out of date. Light seems to behave sometimes as a wave, sometimes as a stream of particles. If you think about lenses it seems to act as a wave. If you think about the inverse square law it acts as particles. I don't know if the debate about its travelling through space. A wave of any sort would need a medium which doesn't exist in the vacuum of space... so I thought anyway. But I'm no scientist.

I'm ok with sound and infrasound.

Quote:
lets move on to the resonance frequency of matter, see, everything in this 3rd dimension is made of matter, if you break down this matter to have a look at what makes up matter, you will find that it is energy, FYI, einstien has proved with E=MC2.this means that even you are made of matter, this mean your energy, on top of that, all matter/energy has a resonance frequency, also known as vibration.so you, yourself are constantly vibrating at your own frequency...wait let me guess, since you dont feel the vibrations then you must not be vibrating right? lol!!
something impossible to check. In discussion before about "vibration-raising" I checked myself on an oscilloscope of which I have one but the mains electricity supply had inducted itself into me as I was at 50Hz and at an amplitude that surprised me! Naturally it contained a lot of harmonics. You mention 3D but conventionally physics assigns the 4th dimension to time. Something must have duration to exist, let alone vibrate which has a periodicity if a frequency. (Noise is different, being composed of random pulses).

Quote:
see, when energy vibrates slowly, it becomes more dense and solid, when the energies vibration speeds up, it becomes less dense.take a look at how tempatures effects matter, for instance, cold, when the particles that makes up an object begins to slow down, the objects tempature loweres, and if you excite the particles of the object, the objects tempature rises.see the connection? slow particles=slow vibration and high temptatues= higher vibration.slow=dense and fast=less dense.think about it, when water gets cold, it freezes, it becomes ice, which is solid, when it warms, it becomes a liquid, which is less dense then ice, continue to heat it, it becomes a gas, which is even less dense then liquid....see the pattern?
if an objects resonance frequency is fast enough, it can reach such a less dense state so that it passes through solid matter, it becomes undetectable to humans and machines, this my friend, is considered in being in a higher dimension.as you should already know, as an object picks up speed, E=MC2 says that the object gains energy, so when your raising your vibration, your energy is moving faster, thus, you begin to consist of more energy.thoughts are vibrations as well, a negative thought produces slow vibrations, positive thought produces higher vibrations, you can control your bodies frequency by using your thoughts and emotions.

In physics, resonance is a phenomenon in which a vibrating system or external force drives another system to oscillate with greater amplitude at a specific preferential frequency.

Increase of amplitude as damping decreases and frequency approaches resonant frequency of a driven damped simple harmonic oscillator.[1][2]
Frequencies at which the response amplitude is a relative maximum are known as the system's resonant frequencies or resonance frequencies. At resonant frequencies, small periodic driving forces have the ability to produce large amplitude oscillations. This is because the system stores vibrational energy.

Resonance occurs when a system is able to store and easily transfer energy between two or more different storage modes (such as kinetic energy and potential energy in the case of a pendulum). However, there are some losses from cycle to cycle, called damping. When damping is small, the resonant frequency is approximately equal to the natural frequency of the system, which is a frequency of unforced vibrations. Some systems have multiple, distinct, resonant frequencies.

Resonance phenomena occur with all types of vibrations or waves: there is mechanical resonance, acoustic resonance, electromagnetic resonance, nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), electron spin resonance (ESR) and resonance of quantum wave functions. Resonant systems can be used to generate vibrations of a specific frequency (e.g., musical instruments), or pick out specific frequencies from a complex vibration containing many frequencies.

there you go sir, have a great day!!
I'm ok with resonance, tuned circuits and sympathetic vibration, not so sure about the sir bit.

But...how does this relate to the human condition above subatomic level and more particularly to astral travel? Your discussion is most informative but it says nothing about the processing that results in imagination, intuition etc, the visual or sonic stuff that comes from the inside outward. Nor does it comment on the specialisation of our senses that receive vibrational stimuli. (It's another discussion about how our bodies react to electromagnetism outside the visual range. There's no doubt they do but in a physiological more than spiritual way other than it would affect our tone, the faculties we use in spiritual practices.**) It's all energy which has movement and may have vibration but it's pretty difficult to see how an ordinary human, "being spiritual", can alter the vibrations of any part of their vibratory (let's call it) structure. And if they tried couldn't it be dangerous? because the body is regulated to very close limits, changing only to meet specific conditions?

Like another poster today claims by stopping alcohol his "vibrations soared." How was that? So, since you've been talking about waves, electromagnetic, mechanical and so on, how did he do that? Wouldn't he be dead by now?

Quote:
BTW, focusing your attention away from the negative is not " suppressing your darkness "
its being able to accept the negative and allow the negative energy be released while focusing on the positive.

what your doing is
Nice sleight of hand there!

** As a teenager I built a little circuit to an Elektor circuit diagram designed just to test this on the brain. I've forgotten what the project was called. I may look it up. It generated VLF electromagnetic waves from about 3Hz to 15Hz or something similar using a coil wound round a coach bolt for the magnet; probably a triangle wave oscillator. I remember 8Hz getting me very relaxed; another probably higher making sleep easy. (If anyone here has old copies of Elektor going way back, or remembers the project, please say! I'd love to run up another one.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:53 PM
Knower
Quote:
how can you be appreciative of love if you never experienced hate?

*raises hand* Technically all you have to experience is something different from love. Not feeling love or loved, for example, or sadness.

Your point still stands, obviously, but it reminded me of a quote- "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference."

And obviously, if you've never felt pleasure, or have periods where you do not feel pleasure, of course you don't have to feel pain to recognize and appreciate it!

As for appreciating life or circumstance, how's this [cross-posted from a different forum]

Philosophy: Isn't "Love" a #First World Problem?

I just imagine a husband and wife scraping out a meager living with shared wages going "Oh poor middle class Americans/Europeans/Chinese/Japanese, you haven't found 'The One'? How horrible for you."

I mean, really, that applies to people who live below a certain economic threshold in any country at all. It's easy to bemoan your heartbreak and forget that you have the luxury of *not* worrying about whether that lost partner is going to mean you have to tighten your belt a lot as well.

I know we aren't supposed to put down other peoples' emotions by saying "Well it could be worse," but I can't help at least pointing it out.

. . .

Can I just say, Maslow, that I think the 'self-actualization' on the top of your hierarchy often needs to come *before* romance- if that were the norm, I think we'd have a lot less problems. You imply that someone needs that stability in order to reach the top, but I contend that for many people it's the other way around- to be secure in very close relationships you must first have made peace with yourself.

[And maybe recognizing that you have the privilege of exploring yourself alone at a point in history and geography where marriage *isn't* socially or economically necessary]

I drew that cute little dragonet on DeviantArt's Muro board. It is a lot of fun to reply with pictures in a forum!

"The brain was billions of years or more in the making. Each one is a unique make and model. What will you do with yours?" quoted from here *taps head*