Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 05-09-2016, 11:48 AM
Experiencer
Artemisia Annua herb, for LD, AP

Hello everyone! I have a question about a confusion I seemed to have stumbled upon the internet, about the use of herbs as a way to enhance the dreams, and help in experiencing lucid dreaming or astral projection. The herb in particular I am referring to, is Mugwort.

The problem is, that I have repeatedly found pages or material, on the internet, using only the name Mugwort for two different spices of herbs, that I think are in the same family, but might be quite different in its effects.

When I was first searching the net for AP herbs, I found this page:
http://luciddreamleaf.com/blog/reach...-with-mugwort/

You can se that this material refers to Artemisia Annua as Mugwort (there is also a picture of the bottle with the name bit lower on the site)

Whereas this site refers to Artemisia Vulgaris as a Mugwort.

Now to make things fair, they are both actually Mugworts, but Artemisia Vulgaris is actually mostly called Mugwort, where Artemisia Annua is called annual mugwort or sweet annie, sweet wormwood and so on. Now I agree it is just a tiny difference, but when you want to pick the right herb to use, I think it is a very important distinction.

I went with Artemisa Annua , because the first material I read on the Mugwort plant mentioned this one. I bought seeds and grew the plants myself and they will be ready to harvest very soon and I am really excited.

My question to anyone, having any experience with these herbs is, which one is the right one for AP? Artemisia Vulgaris or Artemisia Annua? Do they both actually work, or have I selected the plant with no beneficial properties as far as Dreaming, LD and AP goes?

also a wiki site with different species of Mugworts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mugwort

I noticed that Artemisia Annua is not even mentioned there.. When I started I decided to just try both, but I have only grown the first one. Hopefully if I get no success with it, I will be able to buy the second one somewhere as a tea.

So any guidance and info on these two plants would be much appreciated! Has anyone used herbs for such a purpose, which herbs, and if any of above mentioned, which one? Thanks in advance!
Old 05-09-2016, 03:48 PM
Experiencer

I've tried Artemisia Vulgaris. For most of my life, I've had really vivid nightmares that are hard to forget. And a lucid dream every week or so. But for the past couple months now, my dreams have been really good and still vivid, but I can't remember them when I wake up. So I've been drinking mugwort every other day or so hoping it'll help.

It kinda does. Every night, little by little, I'm remembering more of my dreams. I was expecting a quicker effect and that might be why it isn't. From what I've read, most people have super-vivid dreams the first time they drink mugwort. But I think there might be some underlying issue for why I've been forgetting dreams.

Actually, one of the few dreams I remembered lately was a few weeks ago. In it I was told to drink mugwort and wheatgrass tea. I understand the mugwort, it's a well-known dream herb. But wheatgrass? How would that help with my dreams? But I read my first remembered dream in awhile as an important message, so I did what I was told and drank the tea. Maybe adding other herbs to mugwort influences what kind of dream you have.

I tried the mugwort/wheatgrass tea on the 1st of this month. 9/1/16, the new moon, and a solar eclipse over Africa. I fasted, hiked, meditated, and prayed for most of the day. Then I drank the tea at sunset and went to bed. Did it affecf my dreams? Yeah, they were pleasant, vivid, and I remembered more than I have been. No lucid dreams or astral projection though. I only do those things involuntarily, usually around the new and full moons. Did the wheatgrass affect my dreams at all? Maybe. There was a list of commandments that I unfortunately forgot, but they're right on the tip of my tongue. The words "gardening" and "spirituality" came to me in the dream.

I'm pretty sure most mugworts will do something. Members of the Artemisia genus contain thujone, a psychoactive substance that affects dreams. Different species around the world have been used for that purpose. Of course the dosages and exact effects might vary, each plant has its own spirit. Be careful and do your research.

I've only tried Artemisia Vulgaris, so it'd be interesting to read about your experience with Artemisia Annua. Oughta post something about it when the time comes. How advanced of a dreamer are you?
Old 05-09-2016, 04:29 PM
Experiencer
Thanks for your reply!

Your experiences sound very interesting. I like how you approached your own dream life, with such a respect and dedication! I am sure it will be rewarding over time!

Oh, I do not see myself as an experienced dreamer at all. As far as lucid dreams and ap go, I only had few experiences in the past and with dreams now and then. I do not really have any problems recalling my dreams, but if I do not pay attention the moment I wake up, it can happen that the dream fades away quickly. What helpes usually is to just lay still in my bed and ask myself questions. Where was I, what was I doing, whom was I woth. Usually one of such questions triggers a recall. Another thing that hqt in the past improved my drean recall immensely was just writing my dreams down every morning. It was perhaps a bit easier for me, because I could remember at least one dream or part of it per night, but when I started writing them down, in a few days it came to me remember more then 3 complete dreams a night. It was impossible to write them all down in a practical time.

I am not experienced in lucid dreaming, but I noticed that my dream self does have certain dream knowledge I can use without being aware that it is a dream. I would describe it like training, without being aware of it. I can react and shape my dreams in certain ways when I want to, without being lucid. It is like that even though each dream every night is the story for itself, all tje experience is happening in a consistent dream world, and the experience carries over from dream to another dream. If you learn how to fly in dreams as a kid, you will generally be able to do it in some form or another forever.

I will report my experience with A. Annua. Hopefully it will be interesting.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:42 PM
Experiencer

Haha I ain't that dedicated. Slipped up and drank a liter of coffee in the morning, had like 4 bagels with blueberry preserves. Hard to fast when you're underweight. I'd like to be more dedicated, my dream that night WAS a list of "things to do and not do" haha. But I forget the contents of the list.

I didn't used to write dreams down for just that reason, they were so vivid and I remembered too many. But then I stopped remembering a few months ago. They're still vivid, but they slip my mind now. And the ones I do remember are usually pretty important.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:33 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSun
Haha I ain't that dedicated. Slipped up and drank a liter of coffee in the morning, had like 4 bagels with blueberry preserves. Hard to fast when you're underweight. I'd like to be more dedicated, my dream that night WAS a list of "things to do and not do" haha. But I forget the contents of the list.

I didn't used to write dreams down for just that reason, they were so vivid and I remembered too many. But then I stopped remembering a few months ago. They're still vivid, but they slip my mind now. And the ones I do remember are usually pretty important.

I think from my personal dream life, that there is a profound connection between waking state and dream state. Dream reality often reflects waking reality and state of consciousness in waking reality is reflected in dream world. At least I noticed this with my own experiences. For example I was able to fly in dreams very easily only by focusing on a destination, at a time where I was also practicing ap and meditation a lot in my life and was grounded and generally felt like heading in a right way. At moments where I was a bit lost, searching for my path, this reflected in my dreams as having reduced flying ability and also reduced perception of dream world itself. I observed this many times on many other dream aspects.

My idea is that, maybe if you cannot recall dreams right now, there is something else happening on a larger plane, that affects your waking life primarily, and not being able to remember dreams is just a reflection. Maybe for the time being it is even ok not to remember dreams, perhaps an important information or knowledge is being learned on a subconscious level you are not needed to be aware of?

In the past you had no problems with dream recall, so this happening now migjt have deeper reasons..