Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 29-05-2014, 06:12 AM
yumi14

past life memory or did my mother just forget this happened to me?

I had an unsettling conversation with my mother today. I'm going thru some issues , so I started to track back into my childhood by asking her questions.

I have always had this memory of me falling off a balcony as a very, very young toddler. I landed on a coffee can and gashed my head open. I have the remnants of that gash in my skull.

I thought she told me this a long time ago. My parents were out to dinner, and I slipped thru the bars and fell off the 2 story balcony.

When I asked her about it today, she absolutely gasped! No! You never fell off any balcony. The only time you ever fell off something and hit your head, was off the monkey bars at school. I do remember that one, as I was much older than my toddler fall off the balcony. Plus, I remember those stitches being on a different location that the deep gash from the balcony fall.

I then asked her if she remembered my brother hitting me from behind on my head with a croquet mallet. I was swinging on a double swing with my other brother, and this brother wanted a turn. We told him to wait. He got mad and blew me a swift blow from behind me to my head. There was blood everywhere. She had to take me to the doctor. This happened before school, and after my appointment, she made me go to school anyway. I remember being very upset by this, I was in pain. I was in grade school back then. Lo' and behold, she claims that she didn't even think that happened. I know damned straight that happened.

I don't know what to think about the toddler fall!

My mom shows possible dementia on the croquet mallet incident, but what about that balcony fall??

The indentation on my skull is deep enough to tell me it would have been quite a serious injury. One that a mother really wouldn't forget about. I suppose dementia could explain her forgetting, but now I'm wondering if there's something more to it. Like I said, I've always been aware of this happening to me. I just don't know what to make of it all.

Any insight would be very much appreciated. Thank you for listening.
Old 29-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Guide
Even with non-clinical or undiagnosed dementia like symptoms, a person may forget startling things, people, events. Why something so significant, and impactful on one person, say a child, yet with time, age, the mother forgets; there are many reasons, causes, etc.

But there is this thing, where even though it may seem forgotten, deep down, in the recesses of the mind it's still there. It's like how in an afterlife review, a person remembers the most minute detail. The memory is not lost, just misplaced or momentarily out of reach. :)

It was significant to you, that is all that matters is your validity, your memory, how you feel about it, the imprint is there. Like how the sands of time may erase the evidence of a massive structure, testament to those events prior. It still holds it's impact, or impression even though it may appear gone. How you deal with the reverberations is up to you, and how you feel is best.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Master

There are numerous people who remember Queen Elizabeth II dying in the 80s and Nelson Mandela dying way before he actually did. The explanation of these people with these memories is that there are different realities and in their realities these things happened, and the people who have these memories shifted into this reality where these things didn't happen at those times.

Sometimes, shifts happen with groups of people, sometimes with just a couple and sometimes it is just one person. I shift often, and I have friends who do also. We have to double check facts/events with each other sometimes to see if we changed.

String theory explains a great deal of how this is possible, I think.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:14 AM
yumi14

Thank you for your comments, everyone.

Yes, gypsy, I know what you mean about how people can think people have died already, only for them to be in the news later being reported as dying now. That is so confusing.

For some reason, I thought Casey Kasum had already died, but he's been recently in the news again, as alive...not doing well, but alive nonetheless. Makes me scratch my head when things like that happens.

The Nelson Mandela case was very trippy for sure! Blows the mind clear out of the water, doesn't it?
Old 06-06-2014, 12:33 AM
elisi

there's also another explanation that perhaps she felt so guilty she blocked it out?
Old 06-06-2014, 01:21 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
there's also another explanation that perhaps she felt so guilty she blocked it out?

Totally possible.