Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 23-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Time

Heres the thing.......

A change in diet can cause soem effects down the road if not done properly. ID suggest talking to a dr, and or nutritionalist. OF course theres nothing wrong with asking advice from your peers, but what may be alright for one person may nt be alright with you.

Take the sugestions here, write them down and ask a proffessional.

I dont personaly see the point of vegitarianism, but i always congragulate those who made the switch. Just please go see your dr before you do anytihng major please!
Old 23-04-2011, 08:38 PM
The Lost Seafarer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrais
...not only do I feel healthier but I seem to be having less food cravings - I'm a total sugar addict and major chocoholic, but today, even with all the easter eggs in the stores, I wasn't even tempted!

I feel exactly the same!
I have a terrible sweet tooth and although I don't eat much fast food at all, I tend to eat a lot of chocolate.
However, since changing my diet, I also have less inclination to eat those kinds of naughty sweet foods.
Which is great!

Good luck with the new food regime!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:49 PM
DebbyM

Hey Asrais, I just wanted to encourage you on this new experience and adventure in the culinary arts. I can guarantee that initially it might seem a little tough, but it won't be long before you'll notice that there is starting to be fun in the whole thing as you get more creative and break out of habitual routines of cooking.

I used to hate cooking anything. I burned more frying pans because I got bored and wandered away to do something else....But I gotta say that the last couple of years I have learned to love it. I find it interesting because you are going to be trying all kinds of new foods and ways of preparing them. My daughter who is also a vegan and very interested in health in general, and I share great recipes all the time. Like she was the one who pointed out a recipe for making a chocolate banana sorbet that tastes just like chocolate ice cream. So good!

So have fun and if you ever need a tip or an idea for anything, don't hesitate to ask any of us here. We all love to give advice don't we? Anyway, have fun.

Also, here is my daughter's web blog:

http://twostepsonestep.wordpress.com/

Maybe you'll find some good ideas in it.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:02 PM
lucky

Here's my friend's website which aims for 2000 vegan recipes http://www.veganlogy.com

You can take supplements initially but I think you'll wean off vitamin supplements over time when you body settle down to the new diet and you passed the detox stage.