Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 11-10-2011, 06:15 AM
IndigoAmber

Meant to journey alone...

Do any of you believe that maybe it's not meant for a person to have a really good friend? I find myself in life alone often. Sometimes I wonder if my gifts actually isolate me.
I'm not mean, I am friendly, kind, and giving. But it just doesn't seem to be enough when it comes to finding a true friend. I'm beginning to feel like maybe I'm not supposed to have one.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:29 AM
Knower
I have a sense that my own spiritual journey will keep isolating me in terms of finding others to converse with about. I seem to become disappointed because I want to express myself about my questions etc and I just haven't found a place to bounce my ideas off other like minded ppl, so in that sense yes I do feel that same confinement as you. I have a feeling that it will be in my spirit guides and higher spirit that all my answers and companionship on this journey will stem... With company in short patches along the way, but alone on that path in the long run in terms of fellow human accompaniment.

I have had great friends that have merely appeared for limited periods of time before departing too... Its sad but also an inevitable and important lesson in letting go in my life too.

I hope you are contented and happy too xxooxxo
Old 11-10-2011, 06:34 AM
IndigoAmber

Quote:
Originally Posted by arto
I have a sense that my own spiritual journey will keep isolating me in terms of finding others to converse with about. I seem to become disappointed because I want to express myself about my questions etc and I just haven't found a place to bounce my ideas off other like minded ppl, so in that sense yes I do feel that same confinement as you. I have a feeling that it will be in my spirit guides and higher spirit that all my answers and companionship on this journey will stem... With company in short patches along the way, but alone on that path in the long run in terms of fellow human accompaniment.

I have had great friends that have merely appeared for limited periods of time before departing too... Its sad but also an inevitable and important lesson in letting go in my life too.

I hope you are contented and happy too xxooxxo

Good to hear that. I have also had some really good friends come in patches; but it gets very difficult because each time I start to convince myself that life has given me someone...and then they are gone. But I have decided to just dig deeper in my gifts and continue to give. Even if that means being lonely, often.

Thank you
Old 11-10-2011, 07:37 AM
Knower
You're not alone in missing that and wanting companionship in this journey... Hopefully the power of attraction will assist us. :) we have already found each other in that way ;)
Old 11-10-2011, 08:26 AM
Master
I absolutely love being alone, I would never have it any other way, I have friends that I meet for coffee at least every day, then i'm off to be alone again, I don't try to make any friend my best friend, if you do that then you would always want them to live up to your expectations, no there just friends, they can be who they want.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:45 AM
earthprowler

it's never bothered me to be alone even when i was a kid. i kind of liked being a loner, it drew attraction from people i didn't pay much attention to, they sought me out. i've had close friendships that have come and gone, i did have a best friend for 20 years but that had to come to an end for different reasons, just didn't work anymore. i guess i'm a strange feather that i can walk away from people and not look back. even now when the hubby and kids are gone, i'm my happiest.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Guide
I'm an only child so I got used to being alone in life. That said, I've found that I never seem to keep friends very long, they always move on and leave me within a couple of years which can get pretty lonely. There's only one person I can discuss any of this journey with offline and even then they don't understand the whole of it so you're right, it can be an isolating experience.

Maybe this is a journey some of us have to travel on alone (perhaps it's a lesson we're meant to be learning in this life?)
Old 11-10-2011, 11:51 AM
illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoAmber
Do any of you believe that maybe it's not meant for a person to have a really good friend? I find myself in life alone often. Sometimes I wonder if my gifts actually isolate me.
I'm not mean, I am friendly, kind, and giving. But it just doesn't seem to be enough when it comes to finding a true friend. I'm beginning to feel like maybe I'm not supposed to have one.

I think all of us have a soul family, that we incarnate with again and again. And I believe you DO have soul friends somewhere. Either they are not here on earth with you this time, or you have not encountered them yet. But sooner or later, you will all be together again. It's a matter of destiny. You don't have to do anything to bring them to you. They will come into your life when the time is right.

I understand the feeling of being isolated, and not having people around you who truly understand who you are. I'm almost always surrounded by people whose "vibe" is totally different from mine, and that help me push my personal boundaries and learn about myself. It might be comforting and safe to be around people who are just like me, and don't challenge me in any way, but it doesn't do much for my personal growth. So when I find myself without a really close friendship, I try to make the most of the relationships I do have with people. Because they are usually what I most need at the time.

If you are looking for simple human contact, I would suggest volunteering, or joining an organization or club.

here's hoping your true friend finds you soon
Old 11-10-2011, 02:03 PM
IndigoAmber

Quote:
Originally Posted by arto
You're not alone in missing that and wanting companionship in this journey... Hopefully the power of attraction will assist us. :) we have already found each other in that way ;)

Thank you :)
Old 11-10-2011, 02:08 PM
IndigoAmber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumine
I'm an only child so I got used to being alone in life. That said, I've found that I never seem to keep friends very long, they always move on and leave me within a couple of years which can get pretty lonely. There's only one person I can discuss any of this journey with offline and even then they don't understand the whole of it so you're right, it can be an isolating experience.

Maybe this is a journey some of us have to travel on alone (perhaps it's a lesson we're meant to be learning in this life?)

That's where I find myself as well. I grew up an only child as well and I enjoy doing things by myself, I am use to being by myself, but sometimes I get ready to be around people that are true and genuine. And that hasn't been easy to find.
Sometimes it doesnt bother me at all and other times it gets to me. But I am hopeful that life will either bring me someone or I will get to where it no longer bothers me.

But I am hopeful that I life will give me someone or I will get better