Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-01-2011, 07:03 AM
Master
Beliefs - open discussion

Just what the title says. I was inspired by some ground covered with andrew in another thread surrounding the 'idea' of eventually being 'belief-free' ... what do others think or feel or intuit? Is it possible to dissolve/release/drop our beliefs completely and still function in this environment? Are beliefs vital to creating our reality?
I remember a similiar thread before the crash which people seemed to find interesting. The subject of beliefs arises in almost all of the threads here so it is certainly worthy of its own space. No set criteria for how the discussion branches out ... anything goes within the confines of forum guidelines obviously.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:16 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Are beliefs vital to creating our reality?

I think one should believe in her/his own power only rather than anything else. Because this is the truth. We can get anything we want, be as happy as we want.

3dnow
Old 02-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Master
No we don't need beliefs, there are things that happen but believing in them doesn't make them any different, what happens happens. Like if you have a family you don't have to believe you have a family, there just there and we just call them a family.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:36 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
No we don't need beliefs, there are things that happen but believing in them doesn't make them any different, what happens happens. Like if you have a family you don't have to believe you have a family, there just there and we just call them a family.

I think believing in our true self is needed, until we know it. Belief becomes knowing there is no more belief. It is knowing.

3dnow
Old 02-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Master
Hi Kate,

If belief were to be released altogether, I dont think we would be able to function in this environment. The beliefs enable us to use the oven, to drive the car, to cross the road safely. I think we only need a very very slight degree of belief in order to function on this earth, nevertheless, in the end, if we are talking, we are believing at least a tiny tiny bit I think.

In an environment without belief there would be no 'functioning' as we recognize it. There would be no working things out, no rationalizing, no analyzing. It would be an instant manifestation set up. We would all be magicians that express our highest joy through our conscious co-creating. There would be no communication in the form of sending linguistic messages to each other, there would be no need to 'interpret', it would be a state of pure knowing because there would be no perceived 'gap' between us. Im not suggesting that there are no individuals, Im suggesting that without belief there is no perception at all that things exist separately to each other.

I honestly think though that if an environment like that is possible, the work has to be done in THIS environment. We have to be at peace here first. And thats the irony. If we were to shift to that kind of environment we wouldnt be able to judge the shift. So a shift would be seemless, we wouldnt even notice it as such.

How does that kind of environment grab you Kate?

Last edited by andrew g : 02-01-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:22 AM
dualsun

"Just what the title says. I was inspired by some ground covered with andrew in another thread surrounding the 'idea' of eventually being 'belief-free' ... what do others think or feel or intuit? Is it possible to dissolve/release/drop our beliefs completely and still function in this environment? Are beliefs vital to creating our reality?"

Beliefs happen just like thoughts, and just like thoughts, they have nothing to do with who you really are, or Reality... its just another expression occurring within Consciousness, and like thoughts, there is no built-in meaning there. If you can inquire and discover the limitation that thought has, that is, see that 'thought' can never go further than than illusion or its own pointing, then you will also see that 'beliefs,' which are formed through 'thought,' must also then be limited to the dualistic illusion...with no capacity to contain any Truth whatsoever. So, my advice is to take a step back and see it for what it is, and not to be concerned so much with dropping all beliefs, but instead find out who the believer is, or 'who' wants to be belief free... this is the task to undertake if any. So, I suppose we can say that the only way to drop beliefs, is to drop 'the believer' :)
Old 02-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Master
dualsun,

welcome to SF.

awesome first post.

and good luck too.
you'll need it! LOL

Old 02-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
Hi Kate,

If belief were to be released altogether, I dont think we would be able to function in this environment. The beliefs enable us to use the oven, to drive the car, to cross the road safely. I think we only need a very very slight degree of belief in order to function on this earth, nevertheless, in the end, if we are talking, we are believing at least a tiny tiny bit I think.

In an environment without belief there would be no 'functioning' as we recognize it. There would be no working things out, no rationalizing, no analyzing. It would be an instant manifestation set up. We would all be magicians that express our highest joy through our conscious co-creating. There would be no communication in the form of sending linguistic messages to each other, there would be no need to 'interpret', it would be a state of pure knowing because there would be no perceived 'gap' between us. Im not suggesting that there are no individuals, Im suggesting that without belief there is no perception at all that things exist separately to each other.

I honestly think though that if an environment like that is possible, the work has to be done in THIS environment. We have to be at peace here first. And thats the irony. If we were to shift to that kind of environment we wouldnt be able to judge the shift. So a shift would be seemless, we wouldnt even notice it as such.

How does that kind of environment grab you Kate?

It sounds very idealistic but that is only if it is compared to anything less lol. I agree that we need to put our energy into this environment.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Master
A warm welcome from me too dualsun :)
Old 02-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
I think believing in our true self is needed, until we know it. Belief becomes knowing there is no more belief. It is knowing.

3dnow
Yes but you can just drop the belief or you can play around with if that's what you want, its all up to you.