Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
We realize that there was nothing ever lost (and therefore nothing to be found) because there is no-one or no-thing TO lose. The game of lost and found is just a game, though a game it seems some of us have to play for a while. Unless we dont.

What I was trying to say though, is if 'it' is nether lost or found, but the 'finding'....in order to be aware of 'finding', we have to continuously lose that which is has been found. This is nothing new, but the reason I'm speaking of it today is because I am finding its relevance in my life today.....rather than re-uttering a learned concept.

Another day, I would answer this thread quite differently.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy
I like your line of thinking God-like :)
We are what we are for good reasoning, and questioning and self-illusions are all part of it, and why is that is a good question ttoo LOL
So lets keep exploring...
and i like that... exploring :)

Thanks easy - Nice to meet you.

Yes keep on exploring my friend.

When you have found yourself, you will find me there also and vise versa.

x daz x
Old 04-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Why as humans do we have the ability to Question?

x daz x

Well....its the way life has evolved I guessed. Humans have experienced themselves as separate from God. We have been given the blessing and the curse of self-awareness. And with that has come the ability to comprehend, understand, analyze and question. And with this has come doubt, uncertainty, insecurity, anxiety, stress, fear.

When there is no more NEED to question there is no more suffering. That doesnt mean we wont ever ask simple functional questions. It just means there is no more need to understand 'why'.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxheatherxx
What I was trying to say though, is if 'it' is nether lost or found, but the 'finding'....in order to be aware of 'finding', we have to continuously lose that which is has been found. This is nothing new, but the reason I'm speaking of it today is because I am finding its relevance in my life today.....rather than re-uttering a learned concept.

Another day, I would answer this thread quite differently.

Yes, I agree with what you are saying I think. Thats why the 'finding' is a game. We have to believe there is something lost or something to be found in order to play the game of 'finding'. We tend to let go of the game when we have had enough of it.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:21 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
It just means there is no more need to understand 'why'.
Hi Andrew: I hope you understand the importance of that statement.. the 'only' reason you believe you don't have freewill is because you ask 'why'.. there is no 'why', it just is..

Be well..
Old 04-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Hi Andrew: I hope you understand the importance of that statement.. the 'only' reason you believe you don't have freewill is because you ask 'why'.. there is no 'why', it just is..

Be well..

I dont really understand what you are saying there Bob. The reason I dont see free will is because if I see anything, its infinite interconnectivity and infinite inter-relating. I also wouldnt say I am totally beyond the need to ask 'why' - just because I have an insight into the nature of self-realization doesnt mean that I am necessarily the 'finished article' (if there is such a thing).
Old 04-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Master
Quote:

When there is no more NEED to question there is no more suffering.

Yes this will happen when an Individual Is self - remembered. The end of suffering. The end of questioning..

Complete and Absolute peace will therefore have been “restored”

All that bound us will be non-binding, non existing..

I feel as an Individual questions / enquires It will allow one to know “One’s Own Mind” for their will only be the Individuals mind present, without Influence It will take ones focus away from everything else

That being everything that you and I are not.

x daz x
Old 04-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Yes, I agree with what you are saying I think. Thats why the 'finding' is a game. We have to believe there is something lost or something to be found in order to play the game of 'finding'. We tend to let go of the game when we have had enough of it.

So will I never find what it is to be 50...or 90?...will I not find how it feels to see my children leave home? or to see the birth of a grandchild?....or will I never find the funny shape of a shadow as the light moves?....or find a picture in a cloud?....lol...will I never find a man to share the little wonders with, as well as the big

You see Andrew, im not sure what you mean by finding when you say, we give it up. It doesnt necessarily just mean the finding of concepts or a meditative space...or finding the unconcious influences stored from the past. Its not even about looking. Perhaps my idea of finding is akin to being open to the unknown and to the new. but also its about appreciating the flow of experience into knowledge and out again as new experience takes its place....and allowing that movement to be lived both internally and externally.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Yes this will happen when an Individual Is self - remembered. The end of suffering. The end of questioning..

Complete and Absolute peace will therefore have been “restored”

All that bound us will be non-binding, non existing..

I feel as an Individual questions / enquires It will allow one to know “One’s Own Mind” for their will only be the Individuals mind present, without Influence It will take ones focus away from everything else

That being everything that you and I are not.

x daz x

I would say that in self-realization we know 'mind' to the degree that we become it (this is not the same as identifying with it). In this sense, in self-realization, its ALL mind. There is no attachment to an individual mind.

The belief that there is a self to be realized is still just another belief.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxheatherxx
So will I never find what it is to be 50...or 90?...will I not find how it feels to see my children leave home? or to see the birth of a grandchild?....or will I never find the funny shape of a shadow as the light moves?....or find a picture in a cloud?....lol...will I never find a man to share the little wonders with, as well as the big

You see Andrew, im not sure what you mean by finding when you say, we give it up. It doesnt necessarily just mean the finding of concepts or a meditative space...or finding the unconcious influences stored from the past. Its not even about looking. Perhaps my idea of finding is akin to being open to the unknown and to the new. but also its about appreciating the flow of experience into knowledge and out again as new experience takes its place....and allowing that movement to be lived both internally and externally.

If there is no belief in one who experiences, you wont find out what it is to be 50 or 90, no. Neither will you experience your children leaving home, or the birth of a grandchild, no.

In self-realization we are the experiencer, the experienced and the experiencing. There is nothing perceived as separate from us to experience. There is just.....'Peace'.

This is the sacrifice though in self-realization. We sacrifice all the experiences that HAVING a life has to offer. We let go of the 'finding' game. We swap it for something different. Im not saying that we swap it for something 'better', its just a different kind of life.