Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 13-07-2016, 09:10 AM
Experiencer
Huge skewer in foot/toe/sandwich

Hi
I was looking for some advice on a bizarre dream I had last night.

In the dream, I had a large thick skewer placed into my right foot. It entered my foot at the front of my big toe and went all the way in horizontally. It was put into my foot for some safety precaution (which I cant quite remember).

Then I was walking down a quiet backstreet close to the house I grew up in. I used to have old friends who lived on the street/area. Here a guy called Mitch pulled up. I used to work with him couple of years back in a sales job. He is a very extraverted fun character with a larger than life personality. He was also overweight. He told me I needed to remove this skewer from my foot and that he'd help me with it. So he started to remove the skewer by pulling it out from my big toe, however the skewer was never ending. It had somehow grown in length. I remember it being painful as he pulled it out inch by inch. Eventually, we agreed that he would basically rip my foot apart to remove it. He did exactly that. But by now the pain had gone and I can remember seeing my foot ripped open as he eventually removed this huge skewer. There was no blood when I looked at my opened up foot, it just looked white and fleshy.

From here, I ended up on a underground train. This train somehow crashed while I was on it. The passengers were taken to a underground office. I was with Asian/Indian people (this is my heritage). I remember there being more young girls (20s) then guys. Everyone had a sandwich which had a skewer hole in it. But each sandwich was unique depending on the type of hole it had left in it. I was searching for my sandwich which had the skewer hole from the skewer I had in my foot and was comparing sandwiches with the others to try and find it. I don't think I managed to find it.

Quite a long dream. I was looking for any insight please folks. I am sure this doesnt mean that my foot is infact a sandwich ;)

Thanks!

Last edited by TonySG : 13-07-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Old 13-07-2016, 11:55 AM
Master
_to have your foot pinned to the ground is saying that you weren't to move
from the position you were at. [although you had locomoted elsewhere,
you were dealing with a singular issue -- as a 'safety precaution'.]
_removal of the skewer looked (and felt) horrible, but it apparently caused
no debilitation of any kind. you had agreed to the procedure without
hesitation (probably a thing of your past -- a done deal).
_you meet and mingle with others who've undergone a similar ordeal.
_each of you is now reflecting on the lessons you've learned from the
entire experience (and comparing); the lessons are the food for growth.
_the underground train is the kind of life lesson you'd been given. it's
something "below the surface", and unacknowledged by the conscious mind.
the idea of a crash suggests that an experiment had failed or maybe just
ended abruptly [since you have no ill consequences throughout the dream].

i can't quite fathom the life lesson experience... something about a portion
of you immobilized, yet traveling/growing undetected. whatever it was, it's
done with, and you're not alone in it. to be with people of your heritage is
saying that it's a family type experience, in a broad sense of things.
Old 13-07-2016, 12:00 PM
Master
I completely understand that dream, but I can't explain it.

I think the skewer is like holding you to the earth and keeping you grounded. As you are in this world, you must keep your feet on the ground.

Removing the skewer is releasing you somehow from the bonds of human consciousness.

Anytime there is a train, it's a big deal.

The sandwiches are like souls.

I guess they were non-earthbound souls, since their skewers were removed.
Old 13-07-2016, 12:25 PM
Experiencer
Thanks the response guys. Makes alot of sense. The skewer didn't go into the ground. It went into my foot horizontally so I still had freedom to walk and move. Not sure if that is relevant.

Thanks again!
Old 13-07-2016, 12:27 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySG
Hi
I was looking for some advice on a bizarre dream I had last night.

In the dream, I had a large thick skewer placed into my right foot. It entered my foot at the front of my big toe and went all the way in. It was put into my foot for some safety precaution (which I cant quite remember). Then I was walking down a quiet backstreet close to the house I grew up in. I used to have old friends who lived on the street/area.

Here a guy called Mitch pulled up. I used to work with him couple of years back in a sales job. He is a very extraverted fun character with a larger than life personality. He was also overweight. He told me I needed to remove this skewer from my foot and that he'd help me with it. So he started to remove the skewer by pulling it out from my big toe, however the skewer was never ending. It had somehow grown in length. I remember it being painful as he pulled it out inch by inch. Eventually, we agreed that he would basically rip my foot apart to remove it. He did exactly that. But by now the pain had gone and I can remember seeing my foot ripped open as he eventually removed this huge skewer.

From here, I ended up on a underground train. This train somehow crashed while I was on it. The passengers were taken to a underground office. I was with Asian/Indian people (this is my heritage). I remember there being more young girls (20s) then guys. Everyone had a sandwich which had a skewer hole in it. But each sandwich was unique depending on the type of hole it had left in it. I was searching for my sandwich which had the skewer hole from the skewer I had in my foot and was comparing sandwiches with the others to try and find it. I don't think I managed to find it.

Quite a long dream. I was looking for any insight please folks. I am sure this doesnt mean that my foot is infact a sandwich ;)

Thanks!

Hi TonySG, I get the strong sense that you are contemplating identity formation and the ability of one to change one's "station" in life. The skewer is symbolic of feeling pinned down to a certain identity. Your old neighborhood would indicate where you feel "pinned" down to, and the old co-worker who you describe "Larger than Life" helps you remove the skewer. This would indicate to me that Mitch symbolizes someone who can help you escape the old you, so maybe you are thinking an overhauling of one's personality could do the trick. However, not without repercussions, as your foot (sense of direction) would have to be jeopardized in order to release yourself.

The underground train delivers us to our "stations" in life. You obvious strongly identify with your ethnic identity, as your train has your fellow race passengers on it. The holes in the sandwiches symbolize that these passengers are also attempting to escape/change their "stations" in life, the same mentality that nutures them, nutures you. Basically saying that there are some residual evidence of feeling pigeonholed/pinned to a certain identity. The fact that the train crashes indicates that this mentality will not succeed, but will need to be redressed.

I hope this helps.

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 13-07-2016, 12:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySG
Thanks the response guys. Makes alot of sense. The skewer didn't go into the ground. It went into my foot horizontally so I still had freedom to walk and move. Not sure if that is relevant.

Thanks again!

yeah, it's relevant.
i still get the feeling that you were "grounded" in some way
[as Rozie has said], but it just wasn't visible to your consciousness.