Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 06-07-2016, 04:28 PM
Experiencer

Dream about Flags

I dreamed early this morning about flags. This old lady came onto the campus and demanded to speak with the senior person in charge. My assistant of course pointed me out. She told me that our flags were not lined up correctly. We went out and looked at the flags. I told her "Ma'am yes they are, the U.S. Flag, the Texas Flag, then the campus flag, then our Tree USA flag."

She said "No, no. Your Texas flag is higher than your U.S. flag is incorrect." I said "No ma'am it is not. And the poles are set correctly." Then she demanded to see our flag policies and procedures. I told her we didn't have flag policies and procedures. Then she said she was going to write us a ticket. I had my cell phone out and called our security officer. Who proceeded to laugh in my ear and come out and talk to the old lady. Then she tells our security officer she wants to see the flag policies and procedures. And our security officer tells her the same thing I told her.

Then she tells our security officer she wants to talk and see the Security Chief. Our security officer said "you may want to see him but he's not going to come out here about flags." She started to wave her cane around and causing a ruckus and our security officer called dispatch. And Chief finally rolls up.

The old lady says she wants to talk to me and Chief in my office. When we get in my office...she starts to talk, but then then my alarm clock sounds.

No, I didn't eat anything before bed. And what does it mean to dream about flags? Note: Chief and I have a U.S./Russsia type relationship/truce--he stays at his campus (aka location) and I stay at mine and we get along.

What kind of dream is this? What do the flags mean? What does the old lady mean? What does any of it mean?
Old 07-07-2016, 02:56 AM
Newbie ;)

Do you feel that your allegiance to Texas supersedes your allegiance as an American?
Old 07-07-2016, 11:50 AM
Experiencer

No--the dream had the American flag and the Texas flag...the lady was saying the flags were not flown correctly. We have set up as the American flag first...so I don't know what the dream means...

Nope I'm definitely American through and through. Unless someone says otherwise.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator
I think this has less to do with the flags and more to do with policy and procedure. There is some old thinking that is hounding you about how you do things insistent that you are doing them wrong even when you know you have done something right. I had a father who was authoritarian and critical. No matter what I did he had a critic for it even when it was something I was proud of. This caused some thinking in me that believed everything I did was flawed. It created a lot of self doubt and worry in me. Not surprising I found myself working for a similar boss until I broke the pattern of thinking things were all wrong and my fault. So maybe just take a look at how you feel about your efforts in anything you do. Do you question if you are making the right choice? Critic your work for flaws? Feel things have to be perfect to be adequate? Looks like this line of thinking is looking for your attention because you now see how silly it is to judge something when it was done right. This could be a voice from others in your life or even your own voice that we sometimes do not recognize fully. But either way it looks like you are ready to break free from needing life and yourself from being perfect and especially for getting down on yourself when it isn't.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Experiencer

Thanks Michelle11.

That makes sense. There are alot of changes happening at work and they are coming from senior management as directives in the next couple of months.

My assistant and I will be on opposite ends of the building and she's been giving me grief about it. Another lady will be moving in my office. She and my assistant do not get along. I've been getting heat from everyone about the changes but they are out of my control.

So I can see where the old lady's criticism and wanting to see policies and procedures now factor into my daily life.

The flags had nothing to do with anything but the old lady certainly did. Whew!
Old 07-07-2016, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator
Aha, yes, people do not like change. It makes them feel handicapped and they want things to stay the way they are supposed to stay but this is out of your control and things are the way they are supposed to be so just try and not take on their fear of change. Just try to reassure them it will all work out in the long run because it always does. People always find a way to adapt. Definitely sounds like that is what the dream is related to.