Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 25-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
If you know the purpose behind your illness yet say it wasn't worth it, then the question begs to be asked, why did you choose it?? [Since we write our Soul Plans, and not another, it's we who are responsible for what we create.]

how do you know i chose this for myself? how do you know that i didn't intend it to go one way and it manifested in this way? how do you know that if i did chose this i wasn't coming from a different place of awareness (soul wasn't as evolved as before due to expierences and growth)

Despite your comments about how a soul needing love can experience it through ways more acceptable to your preference, it's not possible to generalize for others. With all due respect, how do you know what they need in order to be able to get the love and attention they crave?... or to give those things, for that matter? You don't. Nobody can know that but themselves. It's very individual.

It's not my preference, most people that are ill prefer to be healed, that's why doctors exist, dieting, prevention etc is so popular, most people aren't looking to get sick And making yourself sick to gain love and affection is an unhealthy pattern. But if that's what they want then that's their choice, i'm not judging them.

I agree with you that it's more about how we integrate and process trauma (and the qualities the experience engenders in us!) than the specifics of the causative experience. Some souls learn from one experience, others from a totally different one. But whatever we deem the best method for learning what we feel we need to learn (or for developing the characteristic we feel we need to perfect ), it is our own free will choice to write whatever that is into our Soul Plan for any given lifetime before entering in

it may very well be but given the amount of unhappiness in the world, i dont think people would cons chose this for themselves, i think it's far more complex than we know but that's just my opinion
Old 25-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-child
Hello,

A few months ago I did a work placement at a school for people with disabilities (down syndrome, autism...) and it made me wonder why these people were born with these disabilities? Would their soul choose to be born like this and why? I don't necessarily think having a disability is bad since all the people I worked with didn't seem unhappy and they were all extremely pleasant to be around. Are the disabled born into the world to teach the humans they come into contact with to become more compassionate and loving?

It will be interesting to see what others think about this subject.

Star

No to your first question and yes to your second. We don't choose who we are going to be born as, but yes down syndrome people exist to teach us to be more compassionate.

Your first question also overlooks that not all disabilities are hereditary. Usually they are a product of radiation, chemicals or other pathogens.
Old 26-03-2011, 06:10 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss
I would say if you are nasty to them for 15 minutes now you get 15 minutes back in your next lifetime from them.

If you are a dad and abuses your son he will abuse you as your father in the next lifetime.

This is what people with supernormal abilities tell us.
We know that people who were abused often become abusers themselves. If karma works the way you describe then it will just perpetuate the cycle of abuse. To me, with just normal abilities, this would be a stupid system.
Old 26-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Gauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
We know that people who were abused often become abusers themselves. If karma works the way you describe then it will just perpetuate the cycle of abuse. To me, with just normal abilities, this would be a stupid system.
Well, it is fair at least.

If you are abused and then donĀ“t abuse your own kids that debt is paid off and you can raise your level a bit in this respect at least. Everyone has a choice to do good or evil. The wrong choices, ie to abuse were his own so he pays for them next time around.
Old 26-03-2011, 03:33 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
it may very well be but given the amount of unhappiness in the world, i dont think people would cons chose this for themselves, i think it's far more complex than we know but that's just my opinion

We have differening belief systems. I honor your right to hold to your own, as I shall do to mine
Old 26-03-2011, 05:59 PM
RainbowAlchemist

I'm in total agreement with both LightFilledHeart and Bald44 on this one. I believe that we do come in to "work out" various scenarios that are left over from past lives, to learn a few things AND to teach as well. I know that in my own limited experience working with people with disabilites taught me much. There are folks who handle whatever life throws at them with amazing strength and honor, and there are those who do the whole "woe is me " thing right from the start. The same could be said of caregivers. I knew many people who were unsung heroes and fought the "battles" of the system for their loved one who was compromised or in need .... just because... in order to ensure that person had the best quality of life possible.
I had the rare experience of attending a comedy show one time in which all the "acts" were folks with disablities ranging from amputees to folks with Tourette's all the way to a guy with Cerebral Palsy AND MS at the same time !! Some of the stuff they said and poked fun at was some of the best comedy I've ever seen in my life ! But what I took away from that was an even more important message : It's not what life brings us that matters , so much as it is what we do with what we've got . Whether we "come in with it" or "choose it" I don't know. But I do know there's a lot of stuff out there
and to be able to get by depends soley on what ya do with what comes your way. When faced with tremendous hardship and numerous setbacks one guy's answer was " living is the best revenge" Live . ( too simple ? )
Old 26-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Master
i wonder what this soul had in mind when he "decided" to be born on Earth like this. to be an interesting study for India's medical community?

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/24/ba...urvives-1-day/
Old 31-03-2011, 08:05 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowAlchemist
It's not what life brings us that matters , so much as it is what we do with what we've got . Whether we "come in with it" or "choose it" I don't know. But I do know there's a lot of stuff out there

To me, that's what it's all about. You can do the 'woe is me' bit or you can surmount what you've got - whatever you've got. Everything in this Universe, I believe is showing us 'I Am' or 'I Am Not'. I Am someone who is woe because I've been dealt a bad hand of cards and I Am Not someone who is going to go down fighting, or vice versa. It also affects others around us because they also have to deal with however we react to what Life throws at us.
Old 31-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Zaranais

As I understand it, there is no "time" outside of this physical world we've created for ourselves. Everything is actually happening simultaneously. Portions of one's true soul incarnate in various forms. I won't get into the purpose behind this because I think they are varied and more complex than the simple "cause and effect" of karma idea. Anyway, one of these incarnations could be a body challenged with handicaps. Such an individual incarnation could be more about helping others to learn something than about learning things oneself, although, of course, there is always an opportunity to learn, and grow, and make new choices in every incarnation. The point is that the soul is not just limited to this one handicapped incarnation, but is also enjoying various fuller lives elsewhere.
Old 31-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Time

There are many reasons why people are born with disabilities, ill list a few:

Innoculations
genetics
air/water pollution
medication in our water supply
flouride in our water supply
sulfates/synthetic fillers in processed food
atificial preservatives
dental x rays ( theres a new link between these and thyroid cancer, and other thyroid conditions)
birthing mistakes by the dr
the baby being dropped
The baby having a high feaver
medication
Mothers lack of nutrition

These are things that ive found threw reading up, and have been mentioned to directly or indirectly cause, or are now thought to cause birth defects. Most people dont think of how flouride, chlorine, elevated medication levels ( birth control heart bmedication, psyciachtric drugs and even radioactive waste, is in our water supply alone.

There is also new studies showing how most sunscreen, and smoking ciggarettes actualy can force your dna to change in random and unpredicted ways. Many ingredients in sunscreen actualy binds to your dna structure and cells tructures as well. Not to mention the GM food lots of us eat. The dna in those plants changes more random and in unpredicted ways its actualy scary. The changes arent uniform. For all we know the food will change so it has an arsnic gene.

The thing is we DONT think of what were doign to the enviroment, let alone what that will do to our unborn children...