Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 17-08-2014, 03:26 AM
Flear

what is healing ?

what is healing ?

can you heal another ?
can you only heal yourself

what is love ?
is love healing ?

at a deeper level, what is love ?
is love accepting of differences ?

at an even deeper level, what is love ?
does love encourage a person to explore themselves, to be themselves, to explore themselves, to encourage, whatever the goal is.

for if someone can't be themselves, if they can't explore without being held back how are they going to find out about themselves, how are they going to grow & learn what they truely want, ... and what they don't want.

if someone is always telling you how to do things, what you are allowed to do, to restrict and be conditional for you to do what they consider the right thing, ... how is that love ?

how is it healing someone to hold them back by impossing restrictions ?

... can you do all these things for yourself ?
... can you do these things for another ?

i think you can only work on yourself, you can be there for someone else, but if they are closed off in their own world, if they are restricting themselves, can you heal them ?, can you tell them what they must do ?

is it healing or love to tell another person what they must do ?

is it madness & insanity to believe you are helping someone by doing for them ? is it madness & insanity to believe you are helping someone by telling them what they must do to help themselves or to be helped ?
Old 17-08-2014, 04:00 AM
Experiencer
I found this definition of unconditional love, which is, what we all truly are (even if we might be disconnected from it):
Unconditional love -holding yourself or anyone else or anything else in your focus without intention on changing them in any way, enjoying the perfection of who they are now.
Healing is releasing resistance or fear. And there are so many ways to do it. The object is to find the way that works for the particular person. Others might influence person into release, but they can't do it for him. Person has to be pretty close already to pick up that influence like radio waves -you can hear a bit of other station, if it is close enough.
Old 17-08-2014, 04:07 AM
Flear

Joy, not saying you are wrong,

i always took that to be acceptance
i took unconditional love to be accepting and encouraging someone (including yourself) regardless what their goals & intentions are.

---

as i read your response and i think about my post here, ... i'm in some serious need of healing