Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 28-04-2024, 03:45 PM
Master

Hey Redchic12, I guess now in my hypersensitive state I look back with embarrassment on some of the things I did when I was more calloused. As far as defending myself, these days spirit fights my battles for me. I am bless to not consider anyone my opponent or enemy, but it was not always that way. Bless you and hope all is going well for you my friend.

Goldcup7, in my experience there is a state where there are no others. There is no self in non-duality; and the fact that we can dissolve what we call “ego” just says it has no permanent existence. I embrace that nothing in creation has a permanent existence, including all of our human features and attributes. Ego, in my opinion, is a human concept. “I” separates me from others and from the oneness of being; which I embrace as our permanent and primordial state. Nonetheless, I do want to respect other various points of view.

I view myself not as an ego, but as a center of expression for the primal oneness of being. At this very moment we all exist in the midst of infinity; infinity has no up, down, or sides, it has no borders, and thus it has no one center. Its center is everywhere, and what I call myself is at its center, we are all at the center of the incredible space-less space of infinity; all things are. I am a center of expression and in my human expression self referral is “I.” This might be called a metaphysical perspective but actually it is beyond words and thoughts.

Namaste
Old 28-04-2024, 04:32 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
There is no self in non-duality; and the fact that we can dissolve what we call “ego” just says it has no permanent existence.... Ego, in my opinion, is a human concept....

Namaste
Old 28-04-2024, 06:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
J A S G, ; “how do we know we slept like a log?” The nature and quality of awareness is often thought of as sight; to be aware of something is to see it.

For many there is no awareness once one falls fast to sleep.
There is however no sleep. One simply forgets one is awake.
Some like myself have experienced being aware whilst the body rests.
In a way the whole association to the world reality being a dream even through analogies and metaphors isn't quite hitting the mark.

x daz x
Old 28-04-2024, 10:01 PM
Master

In out of body experiences which I have had, entering other realms and looking back on this human life, this human life definitely appears as a faint dream, a very distant faint memory. The spiritual realm feels more real than this physical reality. For me this physical existence is but a passing illusion; a transition which appears real when using the transitory fabric of our own human body and mind.

I agree with you God-Like, what you have shared is also my experience. It is only the physical body that sleeps. Consciousness is always awake but not always aware. I have also experienced traveling to other very vivid dimensions while my body slept. Even in quiet meditation I have heard people say that they did not experience anything.

But in my opinion there is no such thing as nothing; although nothing literally means no thing, and many do look for things, even in the vastness of infinity. Infinity has no gaps, there is no place where it is not. It is true that metaphors and analogies fall short, mainly because they attempt to box in a construct that which does not fit into a construct and can not be boxed.

In my humble opinion