Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 09-02-2019, 05:56 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I didn't say that I don't or haven't perceived God. I asked, for the umpteenth time why he doesn't show (him)self.
In fact I know this 'thing' we call God probably better than a lot of people, which is one of the reasons I am on this forum.

Do enlighten us then, Busby. The question and statement seem to be incongruent but perhaps if you enlighten all these people, it would be easier to have a conversation.

JL
Old 10-02-2019, 03:00 AM
Master

The truth has been already shouted from the rooftops at post # 439.

Old 10-02-2019, 03:28 AM
That was a good post, wasn't it...inspiration comes from Spirit!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-02-2019, 03:40 AM
Quote:
I asked, for the umpteenth time why he doesn't show (him)self.
It's the Romance, the drawing it out...the courting, the chase,
the Lila, the Dance, the foreplay, the tease, the enticing,
it's the Game of Life....leaving and coming Home...it's the Epic Play of God's Creation....
It's the exquisite waiting, the skillful pursuing and
the thrill of finally being seen....It's the Divine Romance.

It's why makeup sex is so great ...the separation and then the coming together again.
The ebb and flow, the in and out of breath....I could actually go on...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-02-2019, 12:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
It's the Romance, the drawing it out...the courting, the chase,
the Lila, the Dance, the foreplay, the tease, the enticing,
it's the Game of Life....leaving and coming Home...it's the Epic Play of God's Creation....
It's the exquisite waiting, the skillful pursuing and
the thrill of finally being seen....It's the Divine Romance.

It's why makeup sex is so great ...the separation and then the coming together again.
The ebb and flow, the in and out of breath....I could actually go on...

Beautifully related Miss Hepburn. William Blake would undoubtedly acknowledge your choice of words.

So, as you describe, have I experienced life over 8 decades, not one trace of doubt that the universe is filled with tremendous creations.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Do enlighten us then, Busby. The question and statement seem to be incongruent but perhaps if you enlighten all these people, it would be easier to have a conversation.

JL

I'm not in the business of enlightening people janielee, one because I can't and two because sorting the wheat and chaff of fiction from the illusion of reality is absolutely no-go. We'll have to leave that to science to eventually make those discoveries of which we today have no idea - or maybe just an inkling.

As for my question about God showing himself to us you will need to go back to my original posting and re-read my words. This question I posed (quite innocently actually) as a result of a conversation with a friend when we discussed the happenings at Fatima in Portugal at the beginning of the last century. Presumably you know what happened - in a nutshell 3 children saw a vision of the Virgin Mary while they were out playing in the fields of Fatima. The VM told them to return a few days/ weeks later and she would appear again. The nitty-gritty is that thousands of people saw the sun change colour and 'dance' in the sky. There are photographs of people staring dumbfounded into the sky at this. It has to be said that many people didn't see anything. This discussion led to my question. The outcome you have seen yourself.

As for my personal experiences, well, I'm certainly not going to list them here. There have been 16, each one I have written down and when I'm gone my two sons can read them and do what they like with them. What I can tell you is that there is nothing supernatural, there are no miracles and never have been and nothing 'holy' about the energy we call 'God'. Everything conforms to natural laws, those measurable constants defined by science and constantly being confirmed and discovered. 'God' is an energy and rests in what Aldous Huxley called the 'mind at large' of which we partake - as does everything. Just one thing which you might well not be willing to believe; each of us carries the total knowledge of everything in our 'souls', we don't live to learn but to experience. To live.
See Miss Hepburn above.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Just imagine how the world would change if God would speak quite clearly to all of the 8 billion Earth inhabitants at the same time and say something like this: On the 2nd of May this year the sun will appear in the sky as always but it will be green. It will stay green for one complete turn of the planet so that everyone can see it and so know, following my words to you all, that I am.

This would be no skin off God's nose and would allow us to get on with things. And as we also know changing the colour of the sun for a day would be easy, requiring only a miracle, of which there are many in the Bible, so having a decisive miracle 2000 years later could only be positive.

This would solve quite a number of obvious problems and we wouldn't be requested 'to believe', something which has caused and still causes friction and has no point anyway. Instead of believing (in whatever) we'd KNOW.

Then we could live our lives accordingly without fighting among ourselves as to who is right. Let's get rid of all 'beliefs', all superstitions, all religious traditions, all church buildings, all professional preachers, all funny clothes, hats, bishops and popes and their ilk - in fact let's rid ourselves of the whole pot and be able to look God directly in the eye.

Why should he/she/it want it to be otherwise.?????
Your Q assumes that (whatever) God (is) is a singular (all-power-full) 'creator' and that said singular creator thinks that what you regard as being 'a problem' is 'a problem' which said singular 'creator' consequently wishes, as you do, to dissolve.

Be that as it may or may not be , let me offer this counter-Q:

What if what you think of as 'desirable' is just your egotistical 'judgment' (based on the presumption that 'souls' would be 'better off' if the things you regard as 'undesirable' 'problems') is 'wrong' - IOW what if said 'problems' are really 'good' because they prompt and prod 'souls' to 'grow'?
Old 11-02-2019, 07:24 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Your Q assumes that (whatever) God (is) is a singular (all-power-full) 'creator' and that said singular creator thinks that what you regard as being 'a problem' is 'a problem' which said singular 'creator' consequently wishes, as you do, to dissolve.

Be that as it may or may not be , let me offer this counter-Q:

What if what you think of as 'desirable' is just your egotistical 'judgment' (based on the presumption that 'souls' would be 'better off' if the things you regard as 'undesirable' 'problems') is 'wrong' - IOW what if said 'problems' are really 'good' because they prompt and prod 'souls' to 'grow'?

As I said above the question was posed quite innocently without any entendre, I never expected it to grow into a book of many chapters!
Thank you for your good intentions, I respect your words.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:42 PM
Master
Quote:
As I said above the question was posed quite innocently without any entendre, I never expected it to grow into a book of many chapters!
Thank you for your good intentions, I respect your words.
As evidenced by the number of responses it elicited, It was/is a GREAT, very thought provoking question!

My latest response was to what I thought was the 'entendre' - innocent because based on ignorant (IMO) axiomatic premises - which gave rise to it. I hope you and others will open-mindedly consider the issues I (impicitly) raised by way of this truth-related (IMO) 'answer' of mine.
Old 13-02-2019, 04:20 AM
Knower

That which is the conscious creator of All does not conceive of anything to reveal or to fix. We are in a universe that is working exactly as intended. That we are experiencing suffering, as per our feelings while here, is not without intended and exquisite explosions of creation. That which we experience creates the universe... why would anyone with the vantage point and vibration point of All That Is want to change that?

The knowledge, though, doesn't take away the struggle at times :)