Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 31-10-2018, 08:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
Yes honza and they come into the Christian forum suggesting we do research as if it is a christians responsibility to prove why we don't agree with reincarnation. Why we believe the Bible is the true inspired Word of God

Certainly is a conundrum

" Why we believe the Bible is the true inspired Word of God "

So WP do you firmly believe that these two verses ( Amongst many others) are the words of God?

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)
Old 31-10-2018, 10:54 AM
Master
That is the old testament.

I'm not one to believe the Bible is the true word of God but rather it is metaphors and guidelines.

Besides the word of God might actually change over time to be more compatible with the Human situation.

As I have said before I do not actually KNOW that Jesus is God - above and beyond any Human. But from experience I can tell there is truth to Him.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 31-10-2018, 10:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I don't think I have the correct belief in Jesus, I have MY own personal beliefs which at this moment are correct for ME....

You do not make that very clear. I am careful to speak in opinions and personal beliefs; whereas you seem to claim to know the truth.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 31-10-2018, 11:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
Yes honza and they come into the Christian forum suggesting we do research as if it is a christians responsibility to prove why we don't agree with reincarnation. Why we believe the Bible is the true inspired Word of God

Certainly is a conundrum
Good grief not again. "They" do, do they? Those nasty people with their differing opinions!

If discussing topics with people with differing opinions is so difficult, why are you here? It's no conundrum at all. Just go start a blog. Then you won't have to put up with anyone's "I don't agree with you" comments.
Old 31-10-2018, 11:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
You do not make that very clear. I am careful to speak in opinions and personal beliefs; whereas you seem to claim to know the truth.
"They are qualities which cannot be found anywhere else."

That is you claiming truth.

"Hence my conclusion that Christ is a higher power....He is Divine."

That is worded in a way that identifies it as your opinion and personal belief.

I grade you 5/10! Pretty good really, most people are blindly and stubbornly stuck on their truths would get a big fat zero.
Old 31-10-2018, 12:22 PM
Master
Quote:

You do speak of your personal beliefs in your Postings. Of course I know the truth, my personal truths but not the truths of others, obviously.
Old 31-10-2018, 12:26 PM
Master
Quote:

I'm not one to believe the Bible is the true word of God but rather it is metaphors and guidelines.

Besides the word of God might actually change over time to be more compatible with the Human situation.

As I have said before I do not actually KNOW that Jesus is God - above and beyond any Human. But from experience I can tell there is truth to Him.

So Gods words might change over time? How would you know this....
Old 31-10-2018, 12:29 PM
Deactivated Account

I think Christ was different to the person of Jesus, but the two became One, and I think Christ is a high principle in the Cosmos which is a Source of magic. Christianity calls it miracles, but it's magic (often folk magic). I think Christianity and magic are inseparable. It paints a whole story.
Old 31-10-2018, 12:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
" Why we believe the Bible is the true inspired Word of God "

So WP do you firmly believe that these two verses ( Amongst many others) are the words of God?

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)

The Sufi Mystic, Hazrat Inayat Khan, once said: "The law of the prophets come as interpretation of hidden law which prophet can see related to the time period and the evolution of the people of that time period". If indeed Leviticus is inspired and there is most assuredly some question regarding that, those passages may indeed apply ONLY to that time period and to those particular people.

I have pondered those quotes and, if they are indeed divinely inspired, there may be a practical reason for it in that particular time period. Keep in mind that Israel was a small country at the crossroads of four major powers --- Egypt, Babylon, Assyria, and the Hittite Empire. Numbers were needed to survive in that situation and homosexuality clearly did not increase the population. However, instead of making that point clear, the author of Leviticus chose instead to make it the word of God punishable by death. I think that the point could have been made in a better way that would have made more sense.

Personally, I don't read Leviticus as it does not move me in any positive way.
Old 31-10-2018, 12:41 PM
Master
Quote:

I agree with you that the Bible contains a lot of metaphors and guidelines. There is NO QUESTION whatsoever that the Bible was written by men who were inspired to at least some degree but it is not clear how much of their own personal or cultural stuff was incorporated into their writings in addition to the obvious problems triggered by translations, the passage of time, creative editing (don't rule that out), and other factors.

Like yourself, I do NOT accept the Bible as the unadulterated "word of God".