Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 28-04-2013, 03:33 AM
TeaLeaves56

Can soul mates be 'just friends'?

I feel the answer to this is "yes". At least in my opinion it is. But some people I've spoken with in person had some very differing views on that matter. Some said "yes", others said "Very unlikely, no matter how innocent the friendship is".

What is your take on this, everyone?
Obviously, any and all opinions are welcome. :)
Old 28-04-2013, 03:52 AM
Out_of_Here

Sure. Especially when soul-mate is gay. Gays are so cute.
Old 28-04-2013, 03:52 AM
Suchapisces

In my case, I'd say impossible. We tried, but there were the glances pregnant with meaning, then the mutual, knowing smiles...argh, lol. At this point I couldn't just be friends because I'd have an ulterior motive. That is, I'd always want to be more than just friends.
Old 28-04-2013, 04:02 AM
Natalia

Quote:
I feel the answer to this is "yes"
And there you have it. Your answer to your question.

When you say the people you spoke with said "Very unlikely, no matter how innocent the friendship is" could well be depending on if one party is still holding onto and attached to unmet expectations, hardships, words, or actions etc by the other party. This could block a friendship being able to evolve.
Old 28-04-2013, 04:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Soulmates, yes. Twinflames, no.
Just kidding.

I think it is definitely possible. In my case no because there is still a lot of unresolved romantic feelings between us. I guess we are not ready to continue our relationship as being just friends. It has been difficult for me because he and I were not friends when we met and then we did become friends only to later become more and then I cut everything off fast after things didn't work out like I thought it would. I know I can't just be friends even though I want to be his friend. Definitely a fine line to walk and a need to respect boundaries. It is possible but difficult.
Old 28-04-2013, 04:15 AM
TeaLeaves56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia
And there you have it. Your answer to your question.

When you say the people you spoke with said "Very unlikely, no matter how innocent the friendship is" could well be depending on if one party is still holding onto and attached to unmet expectations, hardships, words, or actions etc by the other party. This could block a friendship being able to evolve.

Haha, fair enough. :)

As for the second thing you mentioned, the person who told me that had a very different experience with realizing who her soul mate was, so that's probably where the difference of opinion came in.

I know, with the person I have this connection with, that we can indeed have a purely platonic friendship.
I would be grateful and completely content with friendship with her. I don't need or want anything more than that. It'd be enough just to be in each others lives as friends, you know?
Old 28-04-2013, 04:19 AM
TeaLeaves56

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchbread
Soulmates, yes. Twinflames, no.
Just kidding.

I think it is definitely possible. In my case no because there is still a lot of unresolved romantic feelings between us. I guess we are not ready to continue our relationship as being just friends. It has been difficult for me because he and I were not friends when we met and then we did become friends only to later become more and then I cut everything off fast after things didn't work out like I thought it would. I know I can't just be friends even though I want to be his friend. Definitely a fine line to walk and a need to respect boundaries. It is possible but difficult.

I'm really sorry that it worked out that way for you two. :(
I hope you both can work out the unresolved feelings, so you can be friends later. *hugs*

You're right. The boundaries definitely need to be respected at all times and it is a fine line for sure.
Thank you for sharing. Again, I hope things work out for you and him.
Old 28-04-2013, 04:23 AM
Deactivated Account
Thank you, TeaLeaves. I hope things work out for him and I too.
Old 28-04-2013, 04:23 AM
TeaLeaves56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchapisces
In my case, I'd say impossible. We tried, but there were the glances pregnant with meaning, then the mutual, knowing smiles...argh, lol. At this point I couldn't just be friends because I'd have an ulterior motive. That is, I'd always want to be more than just friends.

I see what you mean. Everyone is different though you know? =P

Thanks for sharing. =)
Old 28-04-2013, 04:27 AM
TeaLeaves56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out_of_Here
Sure. Especially when soul-mate is gay. Gays are so cute.

Thanks for answering. =]