Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-05-2014, 05:15 AM
Master
I once heard that religion is for people who do not want to go to hell, and spirituality is for people who have already been there.
Old 22-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
I once heard that religion is for people who do not want to go to hell, and spirituality is for people who have already been there.

So not true.
I've been to Hell. I follow a religion.
Old 22-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyth Von Gore
So not true.
I've been to Hell. I follow a religion.
I follow a religion. Yet the majority would think lesser of someone's spirituality who says they follow a religion. It's really kind of ridiculous that there's so much prejudice, false pride, and division. Everyone wants to think they're more spiritual than 'those religious people'. They don't see how they're just the same, and telling them they are the same offends them lol.

The New Age gurus teach this illusion of division and people soak it up because it boosts the ego. It's dumb.
Old 22-05-2014, 05:33 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touched
This is what Seawolf says too. His posts, however, tell a different story. I looked at his last 50 or so, enough to see that 9 out of every 10 are to push his 'Religion is Universal and Wonderful' agenda, in one way or another. Seawolf and I already had this discussion, which I thought was settled, but no, there he is with the same false arguments, replying to a person he already knows the position of.

Seawolf is on a bonafide crusade.

I just read through 1/2 of this tread and have a burning desire to get on-board with Touched on this point. Seawolf and I have been having this tired--worn-out--debate--since I first met him here at SF.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and everyone's way of defining things make sense to themselves.

Just because we may happen to have an opinion that differs from Seawolf's--does not mean that we are perpetrating Religious intolerance.
Old 22-05-2014, 05:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
I just read through 1/2 of this tread and have a burning desire to get on-board with Touched on this point. Seawolf and I have been having this tired--worn-out--debate--since I first met him here at SF.

Everyone is entitled to there opinions and everyone's way of defining things make sense to themselves.

Just because we may happen to have an opinion that differs from Seawolf's--does not mean that we are perpetrating Religious intolerance.

I realize what I say really bothers people, because the 'spiritual, not religious' idea is very foundational in New Age.

But since there is so much attack on this forum against religion, I have no problem with saying something about it.

Sorry you don't like it. There's really nothing I can do about that.

"Hate speech is, outside the law, speech that attacks a person or group on the basis of e.g. race, religion, gender, disability, or sexual orientation."
Old 22-05-2014, 05:43 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
They gotta have a place to dump the rest of us that don't have a "religion". Can't have us running around aimlessly in their tidy world.

LOL OH NO!!! Can't have that!
Old 22-05-2014, 05:44 PM
Master

Quote:
You are obsessed Seawolf, ignoring others views in a concerted effort to impose your own. That is why you preach what you do, and why NO argument ever seems near as relevant as yours to you - so you will excuse me if I put my attention where it might actually be productive.

LOL you're really on a crusade against me. Sorry you don't like my posts. I say that we aren't as different from 'the religious' as we think, and it's apparently struck a nerve. Religious intolerance is a very real issue today in the West. They used to think African Americans were very different than Caucasians as well, but later they learned they weren't. Something you might consider.. up to you!
Old 22-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Master

Quote:
LOL OH NO!!! Can't have that!
I tell people they aren't as different as they think they are and I'm the bad guy.lol The obsession with trying to be so different than others is really kind of silly. What happened to unity? I guess it doesn't apply when it comes to spirituality.

The truth is, religious intolerance is very real and very strong in the West. A recent study showed the US and UK have the highest religious intolerance. Of course, when someone starts calling it out, it's going to make some people very upset. I'm sure that happened when a small group of people started saying we're not that different from African Americans. They wanted to kill them for saying they aren't as different as they think.
Old 22-05-2014, 05:51 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
So you are trying to heal the world? Commendable.

To see a division is to see a division. We are all One, and we are all individuals. The universe is like a person, and each person is like a universe.

I just try to be who I am, and let everyone else be who they are.

I Love This! I'm quoting this in the Member's Cafe--would that we could all see the wisdom in this.
Old 22-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Master

Quote:
I Love This! I'm quoting this in the Member's Cafe--would that we could all see the wisdom in this.
There's nothing wrong with pointing out intolerance, it's the intolerant that usually have a problem with it.