Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 26-09-2015, 10:21 PM
lifensoul

Thank you organic born. Makes sense.

I was specifically looking for buzzcaps understanding of his statement, which he expected to be shared and understood by another in the exact same manner as him perhaps. Almost with a kind of derogatory tone towards the characters in the post. I didnt want to assume, so thought i should ask him...but seems like he prefers to keep his answer a mystery too. Well...doesnt seem like i am going to miss much anyways.
Old 27-09-2015, 02:26 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifensoul

I was specifically looking for buzzcaps understanding of his statement, which he expected to be shared and understood by another in the exact same manner as him perhaps. Almost with a kind of derogatory tone towards the characters in the post. I didnt want to assume, so thought i should ask him...but seems like he prefers to keep his answer a mystery too. Well...doesnt seem like i am going to miss much anyways.

Hi there lifensoul. You may want to reread my post. I was interested in what you were saying as since I did not understand what you were were trying to get across.

If u read anything that was derogatory that I posted then you absolutely should reread my previous post since I would certainly not say anything derogatory about anyone. That would sooooo not be me.

BuzzCap7
Old 27-09-2015, 02:31 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifensoul

I understand :)

You are of course referring to this quote of his:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
I agree 100%. So then you may ask, why is there so much suffering? Yet, look at you. I suspect you are not a refugee or stoned, or hat your parents shot and killed right in front of you and that you have running water, electricity, grocery stores with lots of food not to far from where you live, etc........ Why do u think this is so?

Others in so much pain but not so much you?

I believe JBL, there are solid reasons why.

When he (I assume this is a "he", it's hard to tell on forums :) mentioned this I was in ready agreement, and then sought to expand on what I see these reasons to be.

But for me, the oddest comment in this thread went as follows:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph B. Livingston
So in short, no, I don’t believe in a 4th dimension. In fact, I don’t believe in any dimensions outside the 3 we’ve been told about in scripture.
Followed by:
Quote:
I am the furthest thing from a scripture junkie. I feel like I should be more of one, but people dedicate their entire lives to studying just one religion, and there are so many religions…where does one start? I will reference scripture but almost never will you hear me quote it. I couldn’t even tell you where in scripture most of my beliefs come from. I know they’re there, but I read a lot more about religions and their beliefs than I do scripture itself. I do, however, believe that scripture is extremely important in God’s plan for humanity.

I still chuckle when I read this.

There was a survey done not long ago that was looking to find out which religious segments of our society knew the most about scripture in specific terms, they were curious as to who knew the most about the bible?

Turns out the winner was "atheist", followed closely by the jews (the jews were well read when it came to the old testament. The numbers fell-off quickly afterwards. It seems that most who embrace the bible don't really know it that well. While the athiest were either once religious themselves and quit, or felt the need to learn the bible in order to do justice in their arguments against it.

This actually works to the benefit of those selling such religions. It seems the more one knows about the bible the more disturbing it becomes. So if people attach themselves to what is "said" about the bible, instead of the bible itself, then the keepers-of-the-conditioned remain on safe ground.

It also made it clear as to why Joseph was having a hard time generating discussions on his issue with other forums. Few people who are religious would want to talk science, and even fewer people who are scientifically oriented would want to burn time talking religion.
Old 27-09-2015, 02:43 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
If u read anything that was derogatory that I posted then you absolutely should reread my previous post since I would certainly not say anything derogatory about anyone. That would sooooo not be me.

BuzzCap7
I can see that in your posts. You appear ultra-careful not to offend. I notice this because I don't care a bit whether I offend or not. Sometimes we grow too comfortable in our safe feeling of beliefs, and are rarely willing to challenge them unless pushed a little bit. To be fair, I nudge myself along with equal fervor.

It's not about the person themselves, it's more about where we've allowed ourselves to be parked within our search-of-self. Civility is important, but so is challenge. I find it fun to be part of both. :)
Old 27-09-2015, 11:09 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
I can see that in your posts. You appear ultra-careful not to offend. I notice this because I don't care a bit whether I offend or not. Sometimes we grow too comfortable in our safe feeling of beliefs, and are rarely willing to challenge them unless pushed a little bit. To be fair, I nudge myself along with equal fervor.

It's not about the person themselves, it's more about where we've allowed ourselves to be parked within our search-of-self. Civility is important, but so is challenge. I find it fun to be part of both. :)

Ahhhh, I understand where you are coming from. Now it makes more sense. The funny thing is organic born, that is precisely how I used to be. Interesting subject matter my friend.

My line of thinking was.....I am going to be open and honest and "tell it like it is" so there is no mincing of words and less likely to be a misunderstanding. I did not care if I was too rough or hurt their feelings or whatever. They (whomever I was talking with) asked a question and here is the answer.

Only recently (and I am up in age) have I taken a different approach and willfully stayed away from anything that could be offensive or I would just soften my ways of making a point.

I found 2 things that happened:

1) If I was wrong on a subject matter no matter how correct I felt I was or if I changed my opinion about something in time, then I was not too harsh; in my original statement it was a good thing I softened what I said and was not too off putting.

2) Very important, I "felt" better. Better about myself. More harmonious, more toward the quiescent line, more accepting (not that I ever or even now give a sh*t about acceptance), just better about myself not stinging anyone. I would state my point as clear as I could lovingly so to speak but just sans anything willfully harsh not to tick anyone off.

As far as nudging ppl and pushing them to the limits of their beliefs and feelings (which I see as a good thing), my experience is, the other person will be more open and thinking about what it is you are pushing them to think more about if they are tend to trust you and what you are saying than they are thinking about defending themselves from a personal attack from you.

If you do not care about their feelings and are easily willing to "...offend..." them, then the other person is more apt to turn out off or tune you out or be less likely to hear the point/s you are making since they are more interested in protecting themselves, protecting their ego. It is like setting up an adversarial role rather then being more open discussing different views.

That is my take. "At the end of the day", when it feels better not to offend than offend (when I could have couched my wording better), I will pick feeling better. <-- I trust that feeling.

Oh, lastly organic matter, only recently and I do mean recently, I have learned that I can not teach or convince anyone of anything. Nothing. Zip. Nada. Zilch. I will share my opinion when it is appropriate to (not the way I used to volunteer my opinions so much) and if someone agrees, then great. If not, no worries. <-- This has been a big change in my life. And I think I am getting less gray hairs bcs of it. LOL I (again) am feeling better and better about finally realizing ppl will learn when they are ready to learn. Self included. There is a saying to that effect something like the teacher can teach when the student is ready to learn. Something like that.

I need to head out soon. I hope you are having a terrific weekend!!

BuzzCap7
Old 27-09-2015, 12:50 PM
Newbie ;)

Wow! So many great posts here! I wish I could reply to everything but I’d be typing for hours! Let me first say welcome to lifensoul, Gem, and organic born! Thank you for joining the discussion!

Lifensoul – You are absolutely correct about the amount of “darkness” in this world. It’s saddening. But don’t confuse the darkness with dark matter. I think we only call it “dark” matter so as to conceal the light from which it comes. Light matter would be a more accurate term for it. As far as if dark matter and antimatter and such can be found in scriptures, they can be. But when scriptures were recorded we didn’t even know what atoms and molecules are. We had no way of understanding what God was teaching us. It’s like what I wrote about baptism. God was trying to teach us about how we came into existence through the manipulation of matter… how we are “born through water”. But we misunderstood and began dunking people’s heads under water instead. So the teachings are there, but they’ve been lost in translation.

Buzzcap – when you wrote, “I would say (which is pretty bold of me) that ‘Be Nice’ should sum up ALL of the teachings of ALL religions in just 2 words. No need to complicate it” – That’s great! I couldn’t agree more!
Another comment of yours, “To me I see G-d not as an old gray bearded man or one person but the universal collective” – I’m going to try to touch on this at a later time. But I find it interesting that you use the Jewish “G-d” but your beliefs seem to follow more of a polytheistic nature… correct me if I’m wrong. I think that’s one of the things that draws me to Eastern religions. They don’t pigeonhole you into any one doctrine. You can be Hindi and believe in Jesus. Sad, though, you can’t be Christian and believe in Shiva or Vishnu, at least not if you want to be accepted at church.

Gem – My disagreement with Shekinah was more to do with the existence of God. But like I said, it’s not my place to tell people what they should believe. I only wish that more people do believe in (if nothing else) a greater power that inspires good in people. From what I gathered, Shekinah seems to fit that mold, so I don’t see any need to provoke an argument over the existence of a Father-figure in Heaven. Again, I’ll touch on that at a later time. I have theories LOL! Of course, I have no expectations that anyone should agree with me. I just like to provoke thought and give perspectives that perhaps others haven’t heard before.

I read the article you posted. Some of it goes over my head, I must admit. But… “a team of scientists has confirmed the prediction that matter and antimatter are an exact mirror of each other. In particular, the mass difference of light nuclei and their antinuclei were found to be almost identical. In short: They should completely annihilate each other.” – This conclusion really supports my overall theory, except I’m saying they don’t annihilate each other. It only appears that way because we have no way to detect and measure dark matter. We can’t see it so we think the matter was destroyed, but it’s really still there, invisible to us as dark matter.

I really like the conversation going on and there’s so much more I would like to say, but I’m running low on time. It may be another day or two before I can post, but I hope in the meantime that we can keep the dialogue going. In closing for today…

Organic born, you said, “Few people who are religious would want to talk science, and even fewer people who are scientifically oriented would want to burn time talking religion.” – which is why I’m so thankful I found this forum. I feel like I have unique perspectives. I don’t know why, but I look at the world around us it makes sense to me. **That doesn’t mean I’m right** but I don’t know there are many people out there who can make that claim. So for whatever reason I feel compelled to share my beliefs. My hope is that someone comes along who doesn’t believe, or doesn’t know what to believe. I hope they find this thread and find a reason TO believe…in what is entirely up to them, so long as their beliefs inspire them to be a good person. You guys are providing me that outlet, so I thank you all very much. God bless!
Old 27-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Wow! So many great posts here! I wish I could reply to everything but I’d be typing for hours! Let me first say welcome to lifensoul, Gem, and organic born! Thank you for joining the discussion!

Lifensoul – You are absolutely correct about the amount of “darkness” in this world. It’s saddening. But don’t confuse the darkness with dark matter. I think we only call it “dark” matter so as to conceal the light from which it comes. Light matter would be a more accurate term for it. As far as if dark matter and antimatter and such can be found in scriptures, they can be. But when scriptures were recorded we didn’t even know what atoms and molecules are. We had no way of understanding what God was teaching us. It’s like what I wrote about baptism. God was trying to teach us about how we came into existence through the manipulation of matter… how we are “born through water”. But we misunderstood and began dunking people’s heads under water instead. So the teachings are there, but they’ve been lost in translation.

Buzzcap – when you wrote, “I would say (which is pretty bold of me) that ‘Be Nice’ should sum up ALL of the teachings of ALL religions in just 2 words. No need to complicate it” – That’s great! I couldn’t agree more!
Another comment of yours, “To me I see G-d not as an old gray bearded man or one person but the universal collective” – I’m going to try to touch on this at a later time. But I find it interesting that you use the Jewish “G-d” but your beliefs seem to follow more of a polytheistic nature… correct me if I’m wrong. I think that’s one of the things that draws me to Eastern religions. They don’t pigeonhole you into any one doctrine. You can be Hindi and believe in Jesus. Sad, though, you can’t be Christian and believe in Shiva or Vishnu, at least not if you want to be accepted at church.

Gem – My disagreement with Shekinah was more to do with the existence of God. But like I said, it’s not my place to tell people what they should believe. I only wish that more people do believe in (if nothing else) a greater power that inspires good in people. From what I gathered, Shekinah seems to fit that mold, so I don’t see any need to provoke an argument over the existence of a Father-figure in Heaven. Again, I’ll touch on that at a later time. I have theories LOL! Of course, I have no expectations that anyone should agree with me. I just like to provoke thought and give perspectives that perhaps others haven’t heard before.

I read the article you posted. Some of it goes over my head, I must admit. But… “a team of scientists has confirmed the prediction that matter and antimatter are an exact mirror of each other. In particular, the mass difference of light nuclei and their antinuclei were found to be almost identical. In short: They should completely annihilate each other.” – This conclusion really supports my overall theory, except I’m saying they don’t annihilate each other. It only appears that way because we have no way to detect and measure dark matter. We can’t see it so we think the matter was destroyed, but it’s really still there, invisible to us as dark matter.

I really like the conversation going on and there’s so much more I would like to say, but I’m running low on time. It may be another day or two before I can post, but I hope in the meantime that we can keep the dialogue going. In closing for today…

Organic born, you said, “Few people who are religious would want to talk science, and even fewer people who are scientifically oriented would want to burn time talking religion.” – which is why I’m so thankful I found this forum. I feel like I have unique perspectives. I don’t know why, but I look at the world around us it makes sense to me. **That doesn’t mean I’m right** but I don’t know there are many people out there who can make that claim. So for whatever reason I feel compelled to share my beliefs. My hope is that someone comes along who doesn’t believe, or doesn’t know what to believe. I hope they find this thread and find a reason TO believe…in what is entirely up to them, so long as their beliefs inspire them to be a good person. You guys are providing me that outlet, so I thank you all very much. God bless!

I don't see reason to believe unless there experiential or material evidence, but matter/antimatter has been shown to 'annihilate', which means it changes into elecromagnetic radiation or maybe some exotic particles. The mass energy is conserved and detected (as far as I know), so it's not what we refer to as dark matter or dark energy, but it is still a very mysterious area that no one knows much about.
Old 28-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Buzzcap – when you wrote, ............

Another comment of yours, “To me I see G-d not as an old gray bearded man or one person but the universal collective” – I’m going to try to touch on this at a later time. But I find it interesting that you use the Jewish “G-d” but your beliefs seem to follow more of a polytheistic nature… correct me if I’m wrong.

CORRECT mostly..... born and brought up orthodox, I just could not handle it. Consider it a transition that I am in. I am proud to be Jewish and writing "G-D" is a habit and being respectful for the religion I was brought up in.

I am happy/proud to be Jewish as stated above (mostly non-practicing) thinking or transitioning to the idea that all religions are man made and any higher being, entity or whatever you want to call it, is more of the universal collective that was referenced earlier.

No worries my friend. I see you have a lot of plates up in the air so when you can, comment as you please.

I am following this thread. But do pls reference "BuzzCap7" like you did so it would be less likely I will miss your comments specifically directed to my.

Thanks and g'day!

BuzzCap7
Old 29-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Experiencer

[quote=Joseph B. Livingston]*****
And this is how Jesus was able to walk on water and turn water into wine, by manipulating the matter’s corresponding antimatter. Perhaps this is even why they say we only use 10% of our brains, because they can only detect the brain function that occurs in this realm. Another 10% occurs in our sub-conscience in anti-matter while the remaining 80% takes place in our super-conscience in dark matter, or Heaven."End QUOTE

Excellent subject, JBL. I went through it and could not find where anyone asked you, but, I will now.
How did Jesus use it? How did he manipulate matter? He did tell his disciples they could perform what he did, and more.

I think there are those living today, that can do that, ( not the one's on youtube, those are faked )

So, how do you think Jesus did those miracles?
Old 29-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan
So, how do you think Jesus did those miracles?
You will never get an answer to that question because the whole thing is thick with ambiguity. There really is no proof that there ever was a jesus, let alone that things went the way that is advertised. Besides there really is no science in these stories. There's no effort to explain illness in biological terms, the sky, the stars, the earth and other creatures are side-stepped around in favor of the instillation of a hero-worship mythology.

We may as well have jesus dancing on clouds, leaping around on the moon, or flying about the forest leaving a trail of pixie dust.

Now all this is do-able in the midst of lucid dreams, and while traveling about outside the body, I've done similar myself several times. But the physical plain is considerably less pliable.

Not to mention that were an individual to do this in a physical way it would be more about their personal experience in relation to their place within themselves. The bible sells a theme, so everything that is written is in support of that theme. The jesus walking on water, biblically speaking, is a prop. It tells us nothing about the science of what's occurring, it's only about how cool jesus was for doing such a thing, and now you need to be christian in order to align with this coolness. And if you don't an eternity of damnation awaits you.

There's no real concern over what would happen in such a case, only the sell-ability of using this imagery in accordance with religious agendas.