Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 08-01-2015, 12:37 PM
Hypnoticalec

Interesting, please take a moment to share your opinion.

The way things fit together is too overwhelming for it to be a coincidence, there is definitely something out there. Now, I was brought up in Christianity(Though I haven't even read the bible) however I remember a line that basically says that you must not worship false gods, as he is very jealous. This makes me believe Christianity is made up. Someone like me understands that a god must be pure and ego-free if he intends to judge us. Anyway that was an example. What I'm getting at is, there is really something out there. But religious structures falls (very) short to understanding it. Even compared to me.

So what is this pure entity that cares so deeply for us? "The universal consciousness"
Any experiences while meditating? Don't be shy write to your heart's content.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:58 PM
luntrusreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnoticalec
What I'm getting at is, there is really something out there.
So what is this pure entity that cares so deeply for us? "The universal consciousness"
Yes, but it is not "out there" to be found in the world or in other dimensions.
It is dimensionless and rather than to say it is "out there" start looking "in here".
It is right there in front of you and inside of you at this very moment.
You only seemingly believe to be something different than this universal consciousness. Universal consciousness never believes to be something different than itself. Only a body-identified-mind/Ego / "a person" or "separate entity" believes to be different from its own illusionary point of view.

You ARE this universal consciousness you are looking for.

Luntrus
Old 08-01-2015, 01:08 PM
Hypnoticalec

Quote:
Originally Posted by luntrusreality
Yes, but it is not "out there" to be found in the world or in other dimensions.
It is dimensionless and rather than to say it is "out there" start looking "in here".
It is right there in front of you and inside of you at this very moment.
You only seemingly believe to be something different than this universal consciousness. Universal consciousness never believes to be something different than itself. Only a body-identified-mind/Ego / "a person" or "separate entity" believes to be different from its own illusionary point of view.

You ARE this universal consciousness you are looking for.

Luntrus
A few minutes back I saw a one of those flies that create maggot and I thought, "if I ate it alive magots would eat me inside out, but the stomach acid will desintigrate it so there's no chance of that happening." See, it's things like this that lead me to believe that the universal consciousness isn't like us, but it acts like us. What I'm trying to say is, it aligned things to make a balance for us. Also the sun as an example. The sun is at a perfect distance. Things like that make me believe it has his own will and mind. A brilliant one at that.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:13 PM
luntrusreality

Quote:
A few minutes back I saw a one of those flies that create maggot and I thought, "if I ate it alive magots would eat me inside out, but the stomach acid will desintigrate it so there's no chance of that happening." See, it's things like this that lead me to believe that the universal consciousness isn't like us, but it acts like us. What I'm trying to say is, it aligned things to make a balance for us. Also the sun as an example. The sun is at a perfect distance. Things like that make me believe it has his own will and mind. A brilliant one at that.

Yes, there is a great intelligence in everything that is created.
But who are you talking about if you say "the universal consciousness isn't like us". Who is this "us" , this "I" ?

Luntrus
Old 08-01-2015, 03:33 PM
Master
Quote:
This makes me believe Christianity is made up. Someone like me understands that a god must be pure and ego-free if he intends to judge us. Anyway that was an example. What I'm getting at is, there is really something out there. But religious structures falls (very) short to understanding it. Even compared to me.

I agree. Anyone or anything that 'judges' is lower consciousness, even more so than us who have observed there is something beyond ego.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Ascender
Quote:

As to religion itself, that's like shooting ducks in a barrel as to demonstrating their lack of usability on a holistic integrative level. Even a cursory drive-by as you've done already demonstrates the "can't get it off the ground" when attempting a test flight of it's base components. Religion, as a serious endeavor, is a sad waste of time.

So let's not bother with that, and look instead as to why we feel the need for such a thing. I'll hang-out with luntrusreality on this point. Let's first toss aside the "god" imagery, for that's a red herring with no hope of resolve. Even suggesting that god is "all" is no help since there is little chance of our applying our narrow band of sensory exposure toward even a basic appreciation of such a scenario.

So what do we use religion for? I suspect it's primary purpose is as a projective device. We project much of what we experience within ourselves onto the canvas of religious imagery. We project onto a character like "jesus" the qualities of ourselves that we find appealing and wish to extend beyond our inner landscape. Jesus is loving, thoughtful, forgiving, connected with god, can heal, he's effective, he does things with a certainty that we wish we could project with like confidence. So in essence the whole thing with jesus is really about ourselves. We use an image of a jesus to give ourselves "permission" to express what we're already feeling within ourselves but don't quite know how to actualize it on our own.

In just realizing this we reclaim a great deal of our inner connectivity with "self" and the reflective integrity that comes with it. The rhythm of self reflection is not "out there" it's "in here".

We not only project in this way with religious imagery but do similar with nationalism, with cultural assignments (as to our place in the scheme-of-things), and with where we are in relation to our working life and it's progress. We define ourselves "outside" in the hope that doing so will mirror back to us something of usable value.

There is minor satisfaction in doing so, but it's never lasting and is subject to the whims of external events. It's far better that we return to our own inner compass and move according to the integrity that quietly urges us to expand.

Quote:

A few minutes back I saw a one of those flies that create maggot and I thought, "if I ate it alive magots would eat me inside out, but the stomach acid will desintigrate it so there's no chance of that happening."
Maggot's are really quite interesting. They only eat "dead" flesh, so unless you are dieing inside then there's no threat. Some in the medical industry have been using maggots to help clean wounds that are difficult to clean otherwise. They can go deep into a wound and eat the dead and rotting flesh, leaving behind the healthy, pink, vibrant flesh for more safer healing. Our feelings toward maggots are cultural and not rational. They also make for good protein in a pinch, which of course would rely on prior and acceptable conditioning for their use in this way. :)
Old 12-01-2015, 11:23 AM
Master
Quote:
The way things fit together is too overwhelming for it to be a coincidence, there is definitely something out there. Now, I was brought up in Christianity(Though I haven't even read the bible) however I remember a line that basically says that you must not worship false gods, as he is very jealous. This makes me believe Christianity is made up. Someone like me understands that a god must be pure and ego-free if he intends to judge us. Anyway that was an example. What I'm getting at is, there is really something out there. But religious structures falls (very) short to understanding it. Even compared to me.

Any experiences while meditating? Don't be shy write to your heart's content.

Well look. You can't say you've never read the Bible, and then start commenting on what it says.
When two people are intensly in love, also, they will be jealous for one another.
There is more than one meaning for, "jealous".

Your "made up" comment is simplistic. As is your comment on "Religon".
At their essence also, all Faiths or Religions agree and align. Divisivness and contention come into play involving human nature, and ego.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 12-01-2015, 12:04 PM
Master
False Gods ..could mean Worshiping Money ..Over Love.

The one thing that can enslave or liberate you is your ...........................thought............................

quote~by Bernard/George

Old 12-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Master
I wonder how many opinions are based on opinions of others, that does not necessitate religion ..it applies also to science ..books..culture..upbringing .
peers ..etc etc ..
When you unravel all that ..maybe the journey begins :)
If you have never felt God ..as In the Divine Light ..then how can you make an assumption ..
One thing I agree on is all is matter ..
Is the matter the same ? Depends on ..actions..thoughts..deeds ..how bright /dense/dirty .. it is .

The one thing that can enslave or liberate you is your ...........................thought............................

quote~by Bernard/George

Old 13-01-2015, 05:07 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
At their essence also, all Faiths or Religions agree and align.
LOL, you were being funny right? The imagery behind this one is precious.