Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-06-2017, 02:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Good stuff ..

Content with suffering I agree doesn't work .. it's more inline with accepting as both have agreed on somewhere in our exchanges .

I hope you see in some regards that contentment is a type of ignorance when we are content with not knowing or not realizing what we are .

In hindsight one is never content with not realizing .

As moonie touched upon, if we don't know our origin, then where does one actually fit in with things here and now ..

It's like being lost at sea trying to get our bearings .. and then along comes a cargo ship and we feel content in the bubble of assurance .

In a way the cargo ship is as lost at sea as you are ..

x daz x

Hey there Daz! I just wanted to say that IMO...I completely agree with this, for myself. Of course, as you and others have said, not everything is there with you in that moment. The pace and leg of their journey is different. And ultimately, we have to accept that with authentic love and fellowship, with humility and grace...and loads of compassion and forgiveness, just as you and Greenslade were discussing. Not just for yourself, but equally for all others.

Here's what I wrote recently on a karma thread, but it speaks exactly to this divergence in where we are all at, and to how we experience & recognise it and its deeper implications for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
Karma is not controlled. You can decide to work on karmic issues, but if the other party isn't ready then you will have to wait.

The HS plans before an incarnation and lines up what issues are to be dealt with. You don't decide when karma can be rebalanced but may try. Whatever you try to do may not satisfy the guides and karmic board and the HS knows that already.
There's a lot in here...and yes...you're right on all points.

I got frustrated once (won't say when) and just wanted to not deal with the other party until they set down their resentment and so forth, which I felt was unfair. It was too hurtful and I didn't want to go through this again down the road till they were ready. I had never asked them for that before...basically, to avoid pain.

One of the guides (the head of the group) I was talking to said, essentially, is that your final answer or do you want to reconsider? So I said let me get back to you.

And within a short time, I realised the sort of silliness of it...and the utter futility (LOL) of not simply accepting things as they are, in whatever time or place.

So I came back round and said, OK, I don't want to shut the door now on future interaction with the other party [till they've got a better attitude toward me and so forth]. And he said something to the effect of OK, your true intention has been noted/captured. It was a bit serious and formal...ever the diplomat, that one, but this is not a joke to anyone and his energy made that clear.

Because that's the same as saying, I don't accept What Is, as It Is. And anyway, who knows? Perhaps in future some other exchange would be somehow more helpful to them in getting over their resentment or whatever, toward me. That is, perhaps I'd only be dragging things out by putting off contact. Doing myself no favours

So I got back to the guides - the one in particular - and said, OK I don't want to (do all that) and essentially, I took back my initial request before setting it into the record, so to speak.

The guides will basically tell you, in all the ways that they are able, when it's not satisfactory in terms of your own highest good...and that's why I actively meet with them on exactly this sort of thing.

Basically, my understanding (now that I've asked) is that avoidance of pain is usually not a blanket excuse. It is only a temporary excuse and not meant to be used, say, for a whole lifetime, LOL... Even if say you are particularly challenged with something like despair or depression, or perhaps are physically challenged, or are born into terrible surroundings...or are simply weak or vulnerable, like all children and most women. That's how we build our spiritual might, tough as it is. And it is tough.

Consciously meeting with the guides on how to be and how to find the way of love and forgiveness that is in the highest good of all...immensely valuable. I can't stress how important this is to do, if and when you are at that place where you are comfortable with doing it, and with having a "real" conversation at all times

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 25-06-2017, 06:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
In reading your response Moonglow I was reflecting a little about your contentment point.

Contentment or peace can awaken your willingness to explore life in other ways not just in the way you perceive you need to be exploring for self realization. For me the path of self realization, was more a self centred idea of exploration even as others were on board, it was a self guided/directed exploration more so. Discovering my own peace or contentment within, I am now not trying to realize myself as the person I am, (I feel complete) more observe through my explorations how this feels being in this way, discover the possibilities and what they can bring into the world, one with others. So I guess you could relate this as the expanded version of yourself that becomes more inclusive naturally as that awareness.. I find I am less inclined to be selfish ( more about me alone in the realization)..:) but more inclined to just move with others inclusive to let the whole realize itself as one source together as it will be.

Hi natureflow,

Can agree that life is not a solo act.

Just sharing further thoughts.
What I do or not has its affects upon others. Which is noticed in the work I do as a cook, for example. What I make and how I make it can affect another in enjoying the meal or if careless on my part can possibly make another sick.

But, it does come back on reflecting to me. May be happy to give enjoyment to another through the food prepared. May not ever know whether or not it was enjoyed. There is contentment in having confidence that one is doing what one is able.

Self realization seems the result that come naturally through interacting with others and living life. I have come to and continue to realize myself. Sometimes through the help of another, another simply pointing something out, or just observing natures interactions.

Which leads the thoughts to our origins are with in everything around. Just manifests in its many forms.

So, can relate that it is source/nature the mystery of life unfolding before us.

It seems asking; Where do we come from? Opens the mind to further explore or reflect upon where we are and what has transpired.

Perhaps so interwoven is it all that it is like trying to find the first stitch with in a giant Tapestry.
Old 25-06-2017, 07:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
An excellent exchange going on in this thread, by the way.

Adding further thoughts.

As mentioned, perhaps content is not the right word. It feels to me many endure and some shine through it, while another may struggle.
How much credit is given to ourselves for having the strength to get through it?

As touched upon seems this is a reflection of oneself.

I also had moments and continue to have moments that bring about a shift in my perception and thinking.

At 10 went to my grandfathers' funeral and recall seeing his body and touching it and realizing he was not there. It was just a body and what gave him life, call it soul, was not in there anymore. It confirmed that this life as this person is temporary, but the spirit goes on. Just was not sure where the soul went.

it was more a couriosity and in a way a knowing at the same time.

In my twenties started noticing more and more how things are intertwined. It just came to me and the whole of life opened up even more.

The main thing that gets in my way is not life itself unfolding, but me accepting or not what needs to be done and getting on with it.

So, you see these experiences in life and life unfolding around us gives rise to us. You, me, everyone being here gives meaning to it all.

The Universe does what it does. Do you think it questions any of this?

I get what you are saying as; If one is content, then why does one long to know or realize further?

That seems the nature of the beast or our nature. We are courious and intelligent beings. With this may come the price of not being content with just one answer, for one may see or realize the many possibilities.

Some revel in this, while others may struggle to keep a grip. Both seem the flows of life, which we are of.

But yes understanding does begin with understanding oneself and this seems an on going process as I live this life.

I agree contentment isn't apt in many cases ..

I think Greens quote of Lao doesn't quite fit the bill under scrutiny .

Times have changed since his words and our line of thought has evolved so to speak .

I went to my grandads funeral in my early 20's and it was the first dead body I had seen / touched .

I haven't been to another one since ..

I have kinda encompassed a notion of how unnecessary our traditional ceremonies are .

I say that with the view point of what I know post physicality .

I say that also with the deepest of respect had for our ancestors and for those that we adore .

I hear you regarding curiosity and all that jazz, as it seems to get our fingers burnt at times

It is part of the parcel of human nature as a human experience contains many filters that blind us from what we already know .

x daz x
Old 26-06-2017, 08:04 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Excellent Post .

x daz x
Thank you.

Quote:
Good stuff ..

Content with suffering I agree doesn't work .. it's more inline with accepting as both have agreed on somewhere in our exchanges .

I hope you see in some regards that contentment is a type of ignorance when we are content with not knowing or not realizing what we are .

In hindsight one is never content with not realizing .

As moonie touched upon, if we don't know our origin, then where does one actually fit in with things here and now ..

It's like being lost at sea trying to get our bearings .. and then along comes a cargo ship and we feel content in the bubble of assurance .

In a way the cargo ship is as lost at sea as you are ..

x daz x
Thank you.

As for the rest of it, well kind of........ At the end of the day it's a personal thing.

As far as I'm aware I'm in something of a unique position. My Spirituality has been based around finding out who and what I am in whatever shape or form that takes, that's what brought me 'here' in the first place. Most of my Life has been living with being at odds with myself, the people I'm with, the rest of the Universe and finally I have some peace - including with my 'history'. The trouble is that when I come to some kind of 'conclusion' some idiot moves the goalposts, damn his hide. I was given an exit point but chose to stay, and I've been told that this is my last incarnation - in this cycle anyway. I don't even want to know what 'next cycle' means because none of my faculties could begun to process that. Ignorance is bliss? Oh yeah.

Does any of us really know our origin? Physically I can't get past my grandparents - even if they were my grandparents at all. DNA would probably reveal Viking blood more than Scottish/Pictish. Spiritually???? I'd rather keep that one to myself quite frankly, because in the past sharing that hasn't gone down too well. But I know my Spiritual origins because I've talked to others who share common ones.

Wherever I lay my hat is my home and certainly in my human Life I've learned to do that very well. I have a tall ship and a star to steer her by, and in a dream I was shown that my Higher Self 'has my back. Someone knows where I am.

No I'm not lost, I'm here. I'd also like to think I'm wise enough to stop trying to realise certain things because I don't have the faculties to come to terms with what I might find out. I'm content that the time will come when I can have those realisations without blowing fuses, if you want to call that the bliss is ignorance feel free. But it doesn't bother me, it doesn't drive me like it used to. It's not a lack neither, it's the realisation that I'm not the person to receive them but one day... Sometimes not knowing isn't ignorance, it's a space to create and move into.

I know enough about my origin to know that the only here and now I'll ever fit in with is my own, I know enough about where I'm going to know my own here and now is all I need to fit in with. And you know, if I could bottle that feeling and give it away for free I would.

I'm not lost, I choose to wander but I'm not all at sea.
Old 26-06-2017, 08:28 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade

The trouble is that when I come to some kind of 'conclusion' some idiot moves the goalposts, damn his hide.

Good afternoon Greenslade

They have away of doing that and what buttons to push
Old 26-06-2017, 08:31 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin
Good afternoon Greenslade

They have away of doing that and what buttons to push
Do you mean good morning, Muffin?

I'm just glad that the one pushing the buttons has a sense of humour and irony, otherwise it wouldn't be so much fun. But then they're two of my buttons.
Old 26-06-2017, 09:04 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Do you mean good morning, Muffin?

I'm just glad that the one pushing the buttons has a sense of humour and irony, otherwise it wouldn't be so much fun. But then they're two of my buttons.

Always afternoon for me even say that in morning on the phone, gets them every time

Yes they do have a wicked sense of humour, yet they always give you what you need beforehand and never put you in a position that you can't handle.

You say suffering, as I would say tough love, it wont kill you and you come out the other side a wee bit stronger and discarded something along the way.
Old 26-06-2017, 11:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Naturesflow, hello!...that is so true. Some "where" and some "time", all good things are already coming into being. And we simply have to come into alignment with this moment and this place. With our origins

Much peace & blessings to you both!
7L

Hello there 7L. Your on it. Our alignment really is the key point. If everything created in existence and everything yet to be created, is the potential of our human capacity, then we as the awareness of the whole creation can meet it and align if we choose too. I think our true nature in its origin has its own purpose and creative alignment, which opens our uniqueness and creation for this life, but even so within that, anyone open to what is unique to others and not to themselves has the potential to open to what is. Often those with defined ideas about their purpose, will fall into that role, but identifying yourself, as a open book in everyway of your life creation, can bring you to any connection you wish to align too and build as part of your own alignment. I think another key aspect is what I refer too as "open state" of being. Just being and not contained as anything, more open to yourself as being what you want to be. I guess you might associate this to your own liberation which as a model of itself naturally can affect more than itself.

But certainly our true nature when we ground and feel connected in this way, not caught up with our conditioned self, naturally ignites itself through the infinite flow of creation that has no name to what it is being, has no identity, just very aware of itself being itself creating a life doing what it loves to do grounded and content..That is how I feel at least..:)

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 26-06-2017, 01:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello there 7L. Your on it. Our alignment really is the key point. If everything created in existence and everything yet to be created, is the potential of our human capacity, then we as the awareness of the whole creation can meet it and align if we choose too. I think our true nature in its origin has its own purpose and creative alignment, which opens our uniqueness and creation for this life, but even so within that, anyone open to what is unique to others and not to themselves has the potential to open to what is. Often those with defined ideas about their purpose, will fall into that role, but identifying yourself, as a open book in everyway of your life creation, can bring you to any connection you wish to align too and build as part of your own alignment. I think another key aspect is what I refer too as "open state" of being. Just being and not contained as anything, more open to yourself as being what you want to be. I guess you might associate this to your own liberation which as a model of itself naturally can affect more than itself.

But certainly our true nature when we ground and feel connected in this way, not caught up with our conditioned self, naturally ignites itself through the infinite flow of creation that has no name to what it is being, has no identity, just very aware of itself being itself creating a life doing what it loves to do grounded and content..That is how I feel at least..:)

Hey there Naturesflow...Absolutely. Allowing for the possibility is critical...being open to it is possible, but often overlooked or fobbed off when we feel it is very unlikely or is "never gonna happen".

Just for example...it's like the dream of "past-life" or other-life reconciliation I had not too long ago, which I feel was sent to me by the guides and was not my own (didn't feel like it was mine), precisely because I would not have gone there. I would not have extended my imagination there, because I have always been focused on getting a handle on what "was", so to speak. And yet that dream sequence was very moving and it *was* healing in some deep and wordless way.

But I know in theory and in practice you're absolutely right. You do actually have to allow for the possibility of peace and reconciliation, however that may occur (dreams even) -- even if just momentarily and from time to time -- before you are likely to ever muster the will to actually reach out your hand in peace.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 26-06-2017, 08:08 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Yes, for me the whole interconnected awareness is how we end the cycles more complete (total transformation) So the energetic relationship is part of that release and opening more aware/complete that you as the "whole" leave no gaps bridging other realities that exist as one source in self. It seems to me the process is important for some even as for others they may know, but the experience doesn't need to know more directly. Direct experience opens directly related, so in this way everything is related in the experience for those in this way, they don't go through in half measures, they go through the fullness measured exactly to meet its own fullness.
It's really hard to express, it's hard enough to understand sometimes but there's a part of you 'beyond the mind' that does and you're content with it anyway. You tell the mind to sit down, shut up and get on with it. For as many times as I've tried I simply can't process playing the guitar, which fingers for which chord don't last any longer than the next strum. It's a mind block and I know the reasons and I'm content with them. Not being able to play the guitar bugs me in a humorous kind of way.

Quote:
Inside me I know there is so much more to become but that's it, it's enough to know that it can/does exist sometime 'in the future'. It's not a lack of wholeness, completeness nor ignorance, it's knowing that I'm not ready for it yet although that reality remains a reality. It's like a surprise gift you can't wait to receive.

I suppose that each one of us have a unique path to our own true nature, so something's you or I might be going to perceive, others, themselves may by pass that stream of awareness and not need to perceive it directly. I am not completely sure what the "already is" is, but I relate it as completeness at times. I am just aware of things moving through an interconnected weave at times, where it all fits together with me only needing only to be "aware" of it through my own completeness in feeling. I remember one time it did my head in, noticing all the inter weaving realities all merging into and with one another in the most strangest of ways. I guess we call that knocking down the veil in everyway of the veil.. Now of course, for me it has become, second nature and I flow with it only now open and aware.. What it was teaching me over time was to come back to the moment and stay more present and open to what is. That was a key learning point. Being "unmoved" within, open and aware. A more centred presence aware I guess you could call it. :)
I think what you're talking about in part is Gnosis, and the simplest definition is knowing without knowing how you know. It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't some clairesetience at work there as well. While you might cal it 'knocking down the veil' I'm more of a 'looking behind the mask', because sometimes the most chancy moments or interactions have deeper meanings than we'd suspect and they can have far-ranging consequences.

Quote:
Yes it seems to work this way and often what you feel is coming will come, sometimes not in the way you perceive it might come, so its always good to be open to the sense and let the shift reveal itself in any shape or form. Words for me are a constant integration one with my shift and the deeper I am in myself, the less need words have become, but in the process they were important to opening deeper in myself, so they actually "empower" what has been disempowered in one's sense of self in positive new brain retraining. Which of course, then all your movements as one source together bridge the whole connection.. Opening to possibilities sounds like an wonderful way to let things flow. The true self is an infinite flow of possibilities (seeds of potential)...so best to listen to that stream and know where you need to be and tap into..:)

I had a little guy here with me today and we were chatting together about his world and life in general for him. In the end I gave him a little affirmation that I felt and sensed he might need to change the way his mind was working at this time.

(I am important).

I told his Mum and she said. That fits his reality right now and what is happening around him, so its perfect for him. I told her to write it down close to all those spots he spends most of his time as a friendly reminder, so he could start to feel the energetic imprint of this process and change the patterns now before it sets in to place more ingrained.

I love how affirming and integrating deeper the.."I am" can be.
Not so much nowadays but I used to have the 'gift of prophecy', I'd know things were going to happen and they invariably did. That's kind of changed because now I feel energetic currents coming through as though they're the 'winds of change'. And I've been on the wrong side of second-guessing, not any more.

In a way I'm pretty lucky, because in my stumbling early days of Spirituality I was 'with' people who valued wisdom rather than knowledge of ideologies, and at the time it suited me very well. One of them coined the phrase 'change the word, change the paradigm', which has always stayed with me. One or two others were very aware of the power of words and how the words we use either have an effect on us or provide an insight into ourselves. There's a term for it that escapes me for the time being, it'll probably come when I've posted this lol. But yes, they help with the neuroplasticity, which is basically brain retraining. And why am I getting such a feeling of 'out-of-sync' deja vue?

I used to work with the long-term unemployed, particularly those that felt as though they'd been dumped on the trash-heap of Life in their later years. Sometimes it only took a few simple phrases to turn them around and start to believe in themselves for change. It was interesting, planting a few small seeds here and there then standing back to watch them grow.

And thanks for the reminder, I've been slacking off lately.