Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-04-2018, 04:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
The fear to become what you want to become can be consumed by the external world as it is, dictating how things should be, have to be, will be.

Breaking through the core face of the system in myself as my own face and system, I came to realize I had to let go of my model citizen outlook and lead myself into the space of not being a very good model at all. Really look at myself in all those hidden little corners where the dust and dirt had landed and stayed.

You know those dark murky corners in yourself you never want to look at, because your too scared if you unplug them you wont ever be able to deal with them.

I recall some of those times where by I saw and felt quite strongly, that no end result would ever come from these spaces in myself. So in this view I thought, "I am not going there". I am not even going to look at them. Not going to unplug them. They can sit and rot there while I pretend they don't exist.

But then one day out of the blue, when life shifted and things shifted in myself, they came to the surface, those murky dark corners started sneaking out one by one and I had no where to go but dive in and investigate them.

I remember one time I laid on my massage table, for four days and let them all come up one by one. I cried and beat myself up, wrestled with them and myself for days on end. Eventually, on about day five, I resigned myself to owning and accepting what they wanted to show me. I kept thinking (as my mind was made up) that there was nothing to gain from going into these corners because they cant be changed. Of course the struggle in this way, was that I had to find acceptance of them as that. It is what it is and no change will make it go away.

It was very difficult but a breakthrough where by I realized that if you want to be free from the system in yourself and let the external system work for you, not against you, there is only one place to find it. And the greater freedom comes through those darky murky, untouched "I don't want to look at myself in there" spaces because they will remain and will never disappear.

Life when it calls you to recognise what you hold of yourself in those places, really only wants to ignite more of life into you and your world, not the things you hold onto that no longer serve you.

I don't want to be a model citizen, its too much work.

I would have to agree that if, for example, you wanted to be a model citizen then the first thing to do would be to dive inside and find out why.
I also think it would be helpful to break it down to more specifically what a model citizen means to you. That way the end result would be more specific.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 04-04-2018, 09:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Have reread the particular post closer and I see what you mean. Suddenly they say I disagree yet at the same time saying it is not understood??????? Apologizes, they claim not to understand that seems to be based on a mere word, this is what surprised me. How did the omission of the word change anything, but was wondering because I do feel it is ok to add the word. I hate to say this, I see and agree with both posts. Is there a hang up on adding the word.

I think it comes back to "focus" on the little things, rather than the bigger picture conveyed sometimes, which is how some of us take in and build understanding. You know when things jump out at you that perhaps don't make sense and that is where you try to make sense of it all.

There is no hang up my end, on adding a word. If your reading a post and you need to do so in your own mind, why not do it. If that helps you build understanding differently for yourself taking in what your reading then it may over ride the need to focus in this way about words and more about what you feel in relation to the post itself. (If you want too of course).

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 04-04-2018, 10:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
I would have to agree that if, for example, you wanted to be a model citizen then the first thing to do would be to dive inside and find out why.
I also think it would be helpful to break it down to more specifically what a model citizen means to you. That way the end result would be more specific.

I think what your sharing is a very fair inquiry. I think if I look back at the context of my post overall and inclusive of your suggestion, it would come back to trying to be something one is contained by through those hidden struggles, that then suggest one has to be a certain way in the world. To live up to the expectations of the world outside of yourself, rather than the world you can build through you, where your free to be yourself unique as you are and create your life to be unique as one. If I look at this through the eyes of love of self deeper, what I find is that the life I choose and make be for myself, will often go against the "normal" thinking and behaviour of what the external world suggests we need to follow and be doing. The freedom to let go deeper into your own freedom, has shown me that a world can be created through this means, a co creative/supportive world that can break through the system in the ways and means the system often has us believe has to be. But we have to believe in ourselves as deep as we can believe. Let everything go that continues to mould the system in us..What end result do you mean bluesky?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 05-04-2018, 10:10 AM
Master
Quote:
I think what your sharing is a very fair inquiry. I think if I look back at the context of my post overall and inclusive of your suggestion, it would come back to trying to be something one is contained by through those hidden struggles, that then suggest one has to be a certain way in the world. To live up to the expectations of the world outside of yourself, rather than the world you can build through you, where your free to be yourself unique as you are and create your life to be unique as one. If I look at this through the eyes of love of self deeper, what I find is that the life I choose and make be for myself, will often go against the "normal" thinking and behaviour of what the external world suggests we need to follow and be doing. The freedom to let go deeper into your own freedom, has shown me that a world can be created through this means, a co creative/supportive world that can break through the system in the ways and means the system often has us believe has to be. But we have to believe in ourselves as deep as we can believe. Let everything go that continues to mould the system in us..What end result do you mean bluesky?
I'm not sure I am understanding your meaning but I want to take the time to try. I'll post back later. Thanks for your reply

Old 05-04-2018, 10:55 AM
Master
Quote:
OK now that I'm not driving and rereading this, I hear you.
What I was sharing, if I relate it to this post, is that in that opening to "normal" thinking and behavior, I feel for me that it's important to not be opposed to such a broad term which has many meanings and levels.
I would break it done to a specific behavior and dive in to see if and why I am opposed or for and then the end result would be more specific meaning that I would accept or let go of a specific behavior as opposed to a broad sense of all behavior.
I suppose your way is just as effective because you are simply letting go of everything and seeing what's underneath allowing that to come thru.
You already have a deep understanding of yourself so that works but for me I can't let go of everything because I so like and enjoy everything lol.
I can however remain open to where that causes me problems or the inability to be open.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Master

Hi naturesflow,

Any convention is an interface for access.
But then it may also become a limitation or containment as we grow.
An artifice as such may be useful, but according to our primary necessity - which is instrumental to emergent highest self, we occasionally have to molt or break out of those conventions as exemplified by some transitory ‘model’.

So…’model citizen’?
Of what country? For how long? And for what purpose?
This changes, and as the context evolves, so does the necessity for ‘appropriate’ response.
What is appropriate? For the spiritually awakened, what the Highest envisions. In that case, ‘model citizen’ eventually means: in the country of God’s Will, for God’s sake, eternally.

This is what your OP is suggesting … a progressive orientation to all experience, not just one single event, or static mode of being, as that would truly be life-shattering.

~ J
Old 05-04-2018, 11:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
[indent][color="Navy"]Hi naturesflow,

Any convention is an interface for access.
But then it may also become a limitation or containment as we grow.
An artifice as such may be useful, but according to our primary necessity - which is instrumental to emergent highest self, we occasionally have to molt or break out of those conventions as exemplified by some transitory ‘model’.

Yes, this makes sense.

Quote:
So…’model citizen’?
Of what country? For how long? And for what purpose?
This changes, and as the context evolves, so does the necessity for ‘appropriate’ response.
What is appropriate? For the spiritually awakened, what the Highest envisions. In that case, ‘model citizen’ eventually means: in the country of God’s Will, for God’s sake, eternally.

I see now why my intuition brought this title to life without full realization of why I choose it J. The realization and awareness of being more in alignment with my highest vision and not wanting to be contained as the old model, fits your meaning well. Thankyou for adding a piece of this puzzle in me to make known something I wasn't fully aware of.

Quote:
This is what your OP is suggesting … a progressive orientation to all experience, not just one single event, or static mode of being, as that would truly be life-shattering.

Yes, you add an important point, I may have overlooked in my intuitive landing. ( but then I am only one piece of many pieces that form the whole awareness and understanding, so your offering and others, support my one little piece) Perhaps my words suggested you can pull it all out, just like that as one single event. If I reflect on the progressive nature of my own process, the lead up to this point of letting go was certainly a deeper balance within myself, to be able to look deeper and enter into this space of my inner world where it was difficult to look.. Without that progressive orientation to all experience, this would have been difficult for me.

In your offering I see that even as I am sharing as I understand myself, I would emphasize this point your making as something very important to the whole awareness of others in this way.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:18 PM
Master
Quote:
OK now that I'm not driving and rereading this, I hear you.
What I was sharing, if I relate it to this post, is that in that opening to "normal" thinking and behavior, I feel for me that it's important to not be opposed to such a broad term which has many meanings and levels.
I would break it done to a specific behavior and dive in to see if and why I am opposed or for and then the end result would be more specific meaning that I would accept or let go of a specific behavior as opposed to a broad sense of all behavior.
I suppose your way is just as effective because you are simply letting go of everything and seeing what's underneath allowing that to come thru.
You already have a deep understanding of yourself so that works but for me I can't let go of everything because I so like and enjoy everything lol.
I can however remain open to where that causes me problems or the inability to be open.

Yes , you understand that when I dive into a situation or experience, I let go of everything that reflects to the point of openness in myself to allow it all to be integrated in some way of my being. By everything, I allow the experience or situation or other to open everything in me. In my case it runs deep..:) I don't see that I lose anything, more allow the fullness of my being more clear to resurrect me into new life or new ways very fast and with new realizations and deeper awareness faster too. Its like moving through emptiness to rise into fullness of being in this way, you could say. How your being and doing it, fits as well. You certainly tie into the sharing J mentioned about being in the progressive orientation of your own process with openness to reflect and move through your life aware of yourself as things arise.

I suppose for me it comes back to how open one is to themselves to allow that fullness of experience to enter into their mind/body/spirit awareness. You may have heard me speak about the "core" of self, where I understand that it can be very difficult for people to open too in themselves. I know for myself it was extremely difficult to go into my deepest fears, into my core foundations, but if I hadn't I doubt I could experience myself as I do in this way I am explaining here.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes , you understand that when I dive into a situation or experience, I let go of everything.....

I suppose for me it comes back to how open one is to themselves to allow that...

For me it always come back to why. I suffer as one who has one foot in and one foot out.
I absolutely love life and to some degree I lack the will which really is the why, to let go of everything.
That love for life may really be something other than it seems but I grow tired of trying to figure it all out so much so that letting go of everything for me means letting go of letting go of everything.
I've grown so weak in my will that even letting go of bad habits have become futile.
I'm not convinced that letting go of everything is what is best for me but I do know that I lack the will and therefore the power to consider it.

What drives you? What is your motivation? If you don't mind me asking.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:21 AM
Master
Quote:
For me it always come back to why. I suffer as one who has one foot in and one foot out.
I absolutely love life and to some degree I lack the will which really is the why, to let go of everything.
That love for life may really be something other than it seems but I grow tired of trying to figure it all out so much so that letting go of everything for me means letting go of letting go of everything.
I've grown so weak in my will that even letting go of bad habits have become futile.
I'm not convinced that letting go of everything is what is best for me but I do know that I lack the will and therefore the power to consider it.

What drives you? What is your motivation? If you don't mind me asking.

I absolutely love life too. I don't see that letting go in myself of everything that no longer serves me is taking away that love of life, if anything it supports more of life in me and around me as one source. What I become, models itself to others and life around me and it supports them as they need for their highest good too. There is a deep trust in knowing that I am open to let life lead me now to where my highest quest takes me. I would add that everything in my world supports that, because for me in that highest vision it is an inclusive awareness of all life and I am willing to do the work. It isn't just about myself alone, its about all life within me as one source together, but ultimately I trust myself and lead myself.

I don't have a driven personality at all, but I would say having overcome deep ingrained fears of life and death and it has spurred me to embrace life differently. I have more passion and joy within my being now. I am motivated by love, peace, balance, joy, fun, connection, so experiencing myself in ways that support these things. I challenge myself now to try new things, be more open to things that scare me. I am not afraid to create a life I love now. So I have deep self love and deep trust in myself and move from there.

The other important aspect of my life is that I care about what I am passionate about in relation to all I have become for myself, so I give back to others in this way. Having that deeper sense of purpose to my life supports my motivation. Doing what I love and sharing it.