Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-04-2018, 09:28 PM
Knower

Seeking the truth

So, as my nick says, I am hesitant because I have many doubts which I would like to be solved.

As in my particular case, I have never experienced extra-experiences of any type, but for some reason I think that there's a truth out there and I would like to find it.

To my background, I have been educated in the Catholic Christianty. But after being more mature and questioning everything, I decided to seek what is really true. So, I saw that Catholisism was not the right path, so I began to find more interesting taking the Bible as is written.

After reading things (in this forum and other places from internet) about reincarnations, past lives and astral projections, I believe that tehre's something else out there, something which I want to discover.

I will expose my concerns (there are many of them, but I believe that you will help me to know more about them).

1. There are some theories that claim that we are subject to a cicle of reincarnations, and I would like to break that circle if is possible.

2. More pessimistic theories say that the light after the death (call it the Tunnel) is a trap making you repeating the cicle until you reject it. I don't believe at all this theory, but as I say, I question everything, for good an for bad.

3. Some people say that the 3rd Eye can let you see things that you cannot see with your eye, so es like being capable of seeing what the spirit can see. But some people claim that this is dangerous, and even demonic.

4. This is more a personal issue. On one way, I would like to know the truth, but for some reason I am afraid to do wrong things. So, what I mean is that I want to find the truth and do the right thing, I am affraid to take bad decisions. And other thing is that if I see some kind of evil spirit/thing, I would be scared.

So, after taken into account all these points, where should I begin to awaken? Maybe begin with something light (some kind of little grasp of spiritual experience), and then going further. I am open to read all kind of answers :).

Thank you very much for taking your time.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:44 PM
Administrator
It is good to be hesitant and not to believe everything you read.

look through the posts and you will see that you are not alone.

Namaste
Old 03-04-2018, 10:30 PM
Master

Start reading and discussing about the subjects you're interested in. This is the beginning of a journey. Even if you'd be shown the truth right now, you can't recognize it, so don't expect it!

You just gave up on blindly trusting and following a religion. Don't fall into the trap of another dogma!
Old 03-04-2018, 11:26 PM
Knower

Thank you both for your answers. I will start participating in the different threads, so I can get the answers I am looking for :)
Old 03-04-2018, 11:43 PM
Master
Hello,

Ask; What do you feel is true for you?
What resonates with how you are being at present?
Others may give advice, inspire, may point at things, but what is it that is being seen and felt with in oneself?
Step by step and good not to take everything at face value. Good sense can go a long ways.

I have made my fair share of mistakes and lived through them. Learned and carry on.

One of the keys, for me, is to be easy on myself and trust in that inner voice and/or feeling. Take in what is for me to be for me, what is for others be for others.

Heck, I don't know it all and have changed courses many times. Tried a little of this and that and at times just drifted awhile. Through it all though find little bits of inspiration, support, and experiences that shines and carry with me.

Keep on keeping on. It is not about the destination, but the journey, IMO. for the journey is what creates the stories that are shared and told.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man
So, as my nick says, I am hesitant because I have many doubts which I would like to be solved.

As in my particular case, I have never experienced extra-experiences of any type, but for some reason I think that there's a truth out there and I would like to find it.

To my background, I have been educated in the Catholic Christianty. But after being more mature and questioning everything, I decided to seek what is really true. So, I saw that Catholisism was not the right path, so I began to find more interesting taking the Bible as is written.

After reading things (in this forum and other places from internet) about reincarnations, past lives and astral projections, I believe that tehre's something else out there, something which I want to discover.

I will expose my concerns (there are many of them, but I believe that you will help me to know more about them).

1. There are some theories that claim that we are subject to a cicle of reincarnations, and I would like to break that circle if is possible.

2. More pessimistic theories say that the light after the death (call it the Tunnel) is a trap making you repeating the cicle until you reject it. I don't believe at all this theory, but as I say, I question everything, for good an for bad.

3. Some people say that the 3rd Eye can let you see things that you cannot see with your eye, so es like being capable of seeing what the spirit can see. But some people claim that this is dangerous, and even demonic.

4. This is more a personal issue. On one way, I would like to know the truth, but for some reason I am afraid to do wrong things. So, what I mean is that I want to find the truth and do the right thing, I am affraid to take bad decisions. And other thing is that if I see some kind of evil spirit/thing, I would be scared.

So, after taken into account all these points, where should I begin to awaken? Maybe begin with something light (some kind of little grasp of spiritual experience), and then going further. I am open to read all kind of answers :).

Seeking the truth for yourself can be done your way. So in your fears and hesitation, you will do it your way as long as you honour what feels right for you step by step, just by being open to your own needs through the process. Even when things happen out of our control, (which is all part of opening and expanding, learning and growing) like seeing things we don't want to see or fear to see, feeling things we don't wish to feel, those things support us to open to more truth for ourselves and not run from ourselves. Exploring and deepening your awareness and understanding can be sought as you wish to seek and find it. In your hesitation just be open to know feelings are transient so if your afraid, letting go of that fear can support you to know more and not be trapped by fear. Seeing things you might not want to see can also be a temporary changing face if you simply move in ways that supports you to manage yourself.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 04-04-2018, 01:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man

What I have found is that there is more to be found in questioning your concerns than there is in finding out about those things in particular. Question why you feel that you want to break the cycle of birth and death, question why you want to know the truth and question why you question anything.
You may find, for example, that you question everything because you deep down don't want to know the answers or you may find something else. It's really about learning about yourself, about how you are conditioned to react the way you do.
We don't IMO really want the truth because we really don't know what it is. How could we want what we don't know? We are better off simply becoming aware of why we want what we want than actually getting it because as we become more aware, we are able to let go and eventually what is left is what you were looking for.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 04-04-2018, 11:31 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Ask; What do you feel is true for you?
What resonates with how you are being at present?
Others may give advice, inspire, may point at things, but what is it that is being seen and felt with in oneself?
Step by step and good not to take everything at face value. Good sense can go a long ways.

I have made my fair share of mistakes and lived through them. Learned and carry on.

One of the keys, for me, is to be easy on myself and trust in that inner voice and/or feeling. Take in what is for me to be for me, what is for others be for others.

Heck, I don't know it all and have changed courses many times. Tried a little of this and that and at times just drifted awhile. Through it all though find little bits of inspiration, support, and experiences that shines and carry with me.

Keep on keeping on. It is not about the destination, but the journey, IMO. for the journey is what creates the stories that are shared and told.

Yes, you are right. Learning from mistakes is an important part for growing myself. But I should hear myself a bit more, that's what I need to improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Seeking the truth for yourself can be done your way. So in your fears and hesitation, you will do it your way as long as you honour what feels right for you step by step, just by being open to your own needs through the process. Even when things happen out of our control, (which is all part of opening and expanding, learning and growing) like seeing things we don't want to see or fear to see, feeling things we don't wish to feel, those things support us to open to more truth for ourselves and not run from ourselves. Exploring and deepening your awareness and understanding can be sought as you wish to seek and find it. In your hesitation just be open to know feelings are transient so if your afraid, letting go of that fear can support you to know more and not be trapped by fear. Seeing things you might not want to see can also be a temporary changing face if you simply move in ways that supports you to manage yourself.

Yes, I suppose that this is part of the process. What I am more affraid (appart from seeing unpleasant entities) is taking some damage, both physical and psychical. I don't know for certain these things, that's why I would gladly read your experiences and thoughts and learn from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
What I have found is that there is more to be found in questioning your concerns than there is in finding out about those things in particular. Question why you feel that you want to break the cycle of birth and death, question why you want to know the truth and question why you question anything.
You may find, for example, that you question everything because you deep down don't want to know the answers or you may find something else. It's really about learning about yourself, about how you are conditioned to react the way you do.
We don't IMO really want the truth because we really don't know what it is. How could we want what we don't know? We are better off simply becoming aware of why we want what we want than actually getting it because as we become more aware, we are able to let go and eventually what is left is what you were looking for.

Well, I know the answer for some of these questions. But I am interested in knowing who I am, what can I do to improve my life, knowing what is exactly my purpose in this life. Is more a question about my existence, and also I would like to know more about my hidden potential.
That's why I think that it is important to know, if not all the truth, at least some of it. If our souls are here in this world to learn and evolve, I would like to evolve further than I currently am.

I would like to add an additional point about myself: Sometimes I have the feeling that I am not part of this world, I am not comfortable to do what most people do, for entertaintment or other matters. I am aware that I am still stick on many things of this world, but I still think that this is not my place at all.

Thank you very much for your answers, they are all very hepful
Old 05-04-2018, 12:32 PM
Master

Hi hesitant_man,

Quote:
Quote:
there's a truth out there and I would like to find it.

It's quite simple really.
As long as you are sincere in that ideal and one pointed in its pursuit, there is no hesitation, as the truth itself will direct your search.

The rest is just patient persistence and receptivity.

~ J
Old 05-04-2018, 08:58 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Hi hesitant_man,

It's quite simple really.
As long as you are sincere in that ideal and one pointed in its pursuit, there is no hesitation, as the truth itself will direct your search.

The rest is just patient persistence and receptivity.

~ J

Thank you for your words