Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-03-2018, 09:54 AM
Lorelyen

Had to delete. Double post because the server was too busy. If only servers had higher principles!
Old 30-03-2018, 10:01 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
This may be too cryptic, but I am happy to clarify if need be.

Your life is an illusion. A very real dream.
At a subconscious level you know this. The part that already knows this is your higher self.

In other words.
What you think you are is not real.
In fact the whole idea of identifying with an ego is exactly what caused a higher self to exist. There is Only Self, or No-self depending on your point of view.

As nothing in this life gives permanent satisfaction, It is therefore subject to cessation.
Only life remains, experiencing itself through myriads of different points of view.
Hence there is nor real small self, there is also no Real High Self.

Like the Ego, The Higher Self, Soul etc. Are different effects of the same mechanism.
A subsection of all that is posing as a separate entity for a while.

WIth Love
Eelco

Another most interesting view. My instant reaction is to picture the "you-ness" about someone as highly fluid in which terms like forward and backward, up and down have no meaning, nor does time as measured on a clock. It places an entity somehow floating in a supra time-space "pool" where experiential attachments are encountered, attached or detached according to some mystical interaction. There are ways to experience this more directly but their discussion is prohibited here.

Oh dear, this thread is going to force me to think. I'm not sure that's good! :laugh;

The wretched server too busy again....
Old 30-03-2018, 10:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
If you feel a 'pull' towards something, by all means follow it through and see where it leads but be honest with yourself.

Goodness me Greenslade we could write volumes on the actuality of self honesty just by watching the interactions in SF

Its very good advice.

It almost seems now that people want to become spiritually perfect - how high a bar does anyone wish to set for themselves

If anyone wishes to glimpse at the "higher" merely do something that you really enjoy that requires concentration.

The old phrase "time flies when your having fun" I have said before is an accurate example of having no concept of time or space - or that you are any more or less separate to the thing that you are focusing on.

It might be painting or model making, editing a video or music - once you hit that zone - to me anyway - when there is nothingness, that is a glimpse into just "being".

If you can foster that feeling someone may just perhaps "get it".

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 30-03-2018, 10:18 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
Your life is an illusion. A very real dream.
At a subconscious level you know this. The part that already knows this is your higher self.
I used to work in mental health and know how someone's - very real to them - alternate reality can affect them. When you've spent some time on a psyche ward or battled with your own 'inner demons' it completely changes your view of reality. How do you know it's a dream, aside from having read books or watched YouTubes? And no, I'm not poking fun at you because I know exactly how you feel.

Which dream do you choose when both are so real? Or do you choose at all?
Old 30-03-2018, 10:36 AM
Master
Quote:
I used to work in mental health and know how someone's - very real to them - alternate reality can affect them. When you've spent some time on a psyche ward or battled with your own 'inner demons' it completely changes your view of reality. How do you know it's a dream, aside from having read books or watched YouTubes? And no, I'm not poking fun at you because I know exactly how you feel.

This is bang on the money .

There has to be comparison had pertaining to what is real in reflection of the dream .

So many peeps say that the waking world reality or the physical reality is just as dreamy as our night time dream is .

Where is the comparison?

Where is the realness?

Beyond the dream?

Beyond the mind?

Beyond self?

x daz x
Old 30-03-2018, 11:00 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
Goodness me Greenslade we could write volumes on the actuality of self honesty just by watching the interactions in SF

Its very good advice.

It almost seems now that people want to become spiritually perfect - how high a bar does anyone wish to set for themselves

If anyone wishes to glimpse at the "higher" merely do something that you really enjoy that requires concentration.

The old phrase "time flies when your having fun" I have said before is an accurate example of having no concept of time or space - or that you are any more or less separate to the thing that you are focusing on.

It might be painting or model making, editing a video or music - once you hit that zone - to me anyway - when there is nothingness, that is a glimpse into just "being".

If you can foster that feeling someone may just perhaps "get it".

Often the youngsters hang out near the local supermarket because of the free wifi and nowhere else to go. One evening I listened in on their conversation about girls and well, I guess you'll get the gist. The forums are like that sometimes.

I had noticed that you and I are similar in many ways, but where you seem to enjoy the fray I've gone past that to sit on the porch, drink beer and watch the world go by. Each to their own.

Someone once asked me, "Can we not simply exist?" Only when we're brave enough to peel away the layers that we're honest enough to admit to having.
Old 30-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Often the youngsters hang out near the local supermarket because of the free wifi and nowhere else to go. One evening I listened in on their conversation about girls and well, I guess you'll get the gist. The forums are like that sometimes.

I had noticed that you and I are similar in many ways, but where you seem to enjoy the fray I've gone past that to sit on the porch, drink beer and watch the world go by. Each to their own.

Someone once asked me, "Can we not simply exist?" Only when we're brave enough to peel away the layers that we're honest enough to admit to having.

I enjoy the fray similar to watching wrestling - you know where it's going but every now & them something surprises.

There is a lot of fear with regard to those layers.

I start like this - I'm little old me, what does anything that I say matter ...

From there my views are the same as yours or anyone elses - unless they need theirs to be absolutely true & they need you to "go along" with it eve if it is damaging.

Your mental health comments are very astute from my perspective - I worked alongside a schizophrenic during my charity days, shes a really good friend still but boy does it show you how far "perspective" goes.

Reminds me of the quote "Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies."

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 30-03-2018, 11:12 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
SO VERY INTERESTING!!

Partly because this is a good chunk of my "path". It would take a long post to explain fully but I see Kether (the top) being the Highest Self way above that thing called the Ego people often speak of here. That final path to Kether is the completion of climbing back up the Tree. The preparation of returning to blend with the One True Creator.

I see Tifareth, the central middle-pillar wheel/Sephira as the limit of an earthly Self that one has found. This is the quest, to find one's Self because it's impossible to proceed beyond until one has.

"Higher Self"? I often read of that here but it seems to be the holder's Highest Principles rather than an attainment of Selfhood. It's the moral values one works to attain. These higher principles are nice and that but often get changed on the way to reaching them. Understandable. Continuous checking one's actions against these principles is the way to bring one's life into line with them. The Tree can be a way to reach them. Moving past Yesod (the second one up the Middle Pillar is among the hardest for most, sometimes the most frightening because it's where illusion, delusion and maya lie.

Pathworking (those passages between the Sephiroth/wheels) teaches balance between the qualities involved, all of which takes a lot of work... easy to start; only then finding it isn't so easy.

It's a most useful model to work with. Explains Creation in a plausible way and puts forth a plan of all the emanations eventually leading to the mundane at the bottom. People here sometimes say "we're all connected with the One." That's the One at the top.

By the way, the diagram omits the hidden Sephira near the top (assigned "Knowledge") where the path from Tiphareth to Kether crosses the one from Binah to Hokhmah. It's sometimes seen as the "throat chakra" for those who use the Middle Pillar Exercise to awaken the healing powers of the chakras. It's hidden for very good reasons.

Blimey. I never thought I'd see something like this here and I so hope it inspires others to look at the possibilities.

There's a fine book: Ladder of Lights by William Grey.
And here's wishing you a pleasant Easter weekend!
L

Thank you for your post Lorelyen, nice to see what you have to say about that as i know you are into that side of things/path, have a wonderful Easter weekend to & every one else!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
People here sometimes say "we're all connected with the One." That's the One at the top.

Yup, thats what i thought he was saying to when he talked about that.

Quote:
Your Higher Self (if you want to stay with that) doesn't react, it takes a more observant role if anything. Your Higher Self understands your sovereign nature and respects your Free Will, unfortunately enough to get yourself killed if you did something that stupid. On saying that though, it's also been said that your Higher Self is sitting on the mountain top looking at your whole existence, while you're wandering through the valley and can't see much past the end of your nose. Your Higher Self would steer you away from any situation where things might be too detrimental to you and towards things that will help.

Lol, i like the way you explained it here.

Quote:
Sometimes the Higher Self and our Guides are the same thing, some say not.
Iv said similar before in other threads about guides, as in them being apart of the multidimensional self which can interact with us, another being that is you, interacting with you, people may now say "everything is one, what is not you?" well, i'm talking about incarnations or other aspects of the same multidimensional self here.. I'll quote myself from another thread too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
The way i see it is every one has star family connections, for instance were all infinite and have many life times, there not all going to be on this planet, and its not linear, these E.Ts can jump back and forth through space and time and they are us! you can meet an E.T and it can be yourself from another life time. We all have multidimensional aspects which we can tap into and make a connection with.

Also with the Hindu Gods and Goddesses some have multiple forms, or aspects to them as well.

Another thing too is for example if you had another aspect of the multidimensional self that you were aware of, lets take an aspect of a viking for example, and you are having a rough time in life, if you tap into that aspect it could assist you as well, through that. A Warrior type energy.
Old 30-03-2018, 11:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
I'm trying to figure out what "higher self" means. I think I know but I'm looking for specific examples. For example if you are driving and someone pulls in front of you how would your higher self react? In fact how would your higher self react in any challenging situation instead of your regular self and how do they differ.

It's a good question. And the answer is probably different for every person, because we are all different.

I saw my higher self in a ... hmmm...visualization I was doing. In the book Learning to Channel, I was doing the visualization that is in there - journeying to the Guides Room (you create a room for your guides, so you can visit with them) and on my way to my Guides Room, in one of my first visualizations doing this little journey, I met my higher self. It was not what I was expecting to do, she was just there. And I knew instantly who she was.

She was that part of me, all grown up, that I felt like I was when I was a young adult, but better. Pure Grace. Beautiful, glowing, flowing, loving with a big L. There for me whenever I want, to help me with whatever I want.

Sometimes now, and it is very infrequent, when I am feeling good and in the zone, I will glance in the mirror and see her looking back at me. It is captivating and stunning and I try to hold onto those moments. She loves me completely and it is a feeling that is like *wow*

There is much more to us than we know.....and we can tap into it if we want.

As far as living and reacting as your Higher Self, maybe that is the wrong word. As an unconditional loving being, my higher self doesn't REact, and so that is the difference between the 2 of us LOL. She is just this strong vibration of Love, constant.

I try to live as my higher self, or *see the world through the eyes of source* is how I call it. To me, that means, NOT REacting, but just loving that other person that is in front of you, just because we all come from the same source and are all love at our core.

I think if I was truly acting as my higher self, my higher self would enjoy the manuvering of the car that cut in front of me as more of a Michael Jordan move, and what a beautiful movement of the energies between the cars for that manuver to work so well and *good on you* = I guess Appreciation is the word I am searching for - appreciation for that other person
Old 30-03-2018, 11:49 AM
Eelco

Quote:

The "fact" that it's a very real dream does not mean one feels he or she has a choice. Knowing the dream for what it is even doesn't equal liberation from it.

At the ripe old age of 20 I lost the woman I was living with. Psychoses(not drug induced). Saw her suffer and exhaust herself for 6 months before she died.

Needles to say my world was turned topsy turvy and I learned the meaning of impermanence and how what you think the future will be can change at any second without warning.

As an aside. I have been working in mental health care since I was 17. So I get where you are pointing to.
I'm 46 now.

With Love
Eelco