Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-04-2018, 10:16 PM
Ascender

Hello hesitant_man.

There is an expression in English--"He/she/they/you wouldn't know the truth if it hit them/you between the eyes."

I don't know if the expression occurs exactly so in other languages, but guess expressions voicing similar observations probably do.

The expression is not exactly complimentary, and is also an expression which seems to be used to describe someone else.

As for the expression itself, I guess we all get the picture about the meaning and don't consider the expression itself as a non truth. We see truth in it I think.

If that is so, then some questions arise. One question being--why do we see validity in the expression? Do we recognise that there is indeed some sort of condition/ element which needs to be present in a person before truth can become recognised?

Again, if so, then it seems that truth cannot be recognised unless that condition/element is first understood, accepted and practised. This would seem to be a first and essential step in any search for truth.

Kind of paradoxically, perhaps a test of the fulfillment of this condition/element being present in any individual would be the ability of that individual to say " I wouldn't know the truth if it hit me between the eyes". ---If such was considered to be true.

A further question is I think--how do we characterise that necessary condition/element which allows truth to be recognised?

petex
Old 06-04-2018, 06:30 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello hesitant_man.

There is an expression in English--"He/she/they/you wouldn't know the truth if it hit them/you between the eyes."

I don't know if the expression occurs exactly so in other languages, but guess expressions voicing similar observations probably do.

The expression is not exactly complimentary, and is also an expression which seems to be used to describe someone else.

As for the expression itself, I guess we all get the picture about the meaning and don't consider the expression itself as a non truth. We see truth in it I think.

If that is so, then some questions arise. One question being--why do we see validity in the expression? Do we recognise that there is indeed some sort of condition/ element which needs to be present in a person before truth can become recognised?

Again, if so, then it seems that truth cannot be recognised unless that condition/element is first understood, accepted and practised. This would seem to be a first and essential step in any search for truth.

Kind of paradoxically, perhaps a test of the fulfillment of this condition/element being present in any individual would be the ability of that individual to say " I wouldn't know the truth if it hit me between the eyes". ---If such was considered to be true.

A further question is I think--how do we characterise that necessary condition/element which allows truth to be recognised?

petex

Hi weareunity,

Yeah, in my mother language I think that there is a similar expression, so I understand.

Well, of course there are sometimes that truth is difficult to find it, or recognize it. For example, in mathematics we assume that 1+1 are 2 without questioning it, and as René Descartes said, what if there were an evil genius who made us think that mathematic laws are true when they were wrong?

So, one way to know the truth (or at least, having the chance to let it "hit between our eyes") is experimenting, just like science, but with an open mind. Maybe I see things from a more "rational" or "scientific" point of view, but I thing that many spiritual concepts can be true, so that's one of the reasons why I am interested in learning from them.
Old 06-04-2018, 07:49 PM
Eelco

Hi hesitant man,

First of all welcome to the journey.
If your screen-name resembles you I think that you have been thinking about these matters for a while now.
So you've taken your first steps already.

Truth is a very broad concept. A good place to start I guess would be to ask yourself in what way you think or feel how the truth will set you free.

Exchanging one belief system for another is not necessarily truth.
In every truthy mystery school and in every religion there are gems of valuable insight to be found.

The amalgamation of reincarnation, visioning, clair-sentience and so forth do not by definition equal Truth. They help in dissolving the idea that 3 dimensional life through time is all there is, so in that sense they are helpful

To answer your questions to the best of my ability.
Quote:
1. There are some theories that claim that we are subject to a circle of reincarnations, and I would like to break that circle if is possible.
I think for the religion or theory that deals most with this notion you will have to look into Buddhism. The reincarnation idea in this day and age has become a hotchpotch of vague maybe's/ The buddhists have studied this very problem.(how to break the circle of reincarnation) for over 2500 years. So yeah.. That makes them somewhat of an authority in my opinion. Maybe visit a temple, ask a monk a view questions. Another plus is that most sincere Buddhists do think, question and debate the teachings.. So having to take everything on faith is neither needed nor encouraged.

Quote:
2. More pessimistic theories say that the light after the death (call it the Tunnel) is a trap making you repeating the cicle until you reject it. I don't believe at all this theory, but as I say, I question everything, for good an for bad.

This is very much a topic of debate. I think it was Simon Parks who advocated this point of view in the early days of this idea.. You can google him, read up on what people say about it and him. I suggest keeping a huge amount of discernment and common sense at the ready when you do. Bottom line I think is that in reality no one really knows..
Quick question. "does knowing the answer to this help you break the cycle?"

Quote:
3. Some people say that the 3rd Eye can let you see things that you cannot see with your eye, so es like being capable of seeing what the spirit can see. But some people claim that this is dangerous, and even demonic.
Well No not necessarily dangerous or demonic.
The 3d eye is possibly a little organ in the brain which looks like and act's like and actual eye. It is the skill with which to decipher information coming to the brain in visual form.
It is the creating of meaningful images so your day to day mind can make sense of extra sensory impressions. Yes it is possible to create fearful imagery of demons and hells when you pick up "evil" or "darker" vibrations. These "vibrations" can be yours, can be from someone near you or helpful hints from entities out there.. Just remember that you are in control(sort of) about what you allow to affect in your life. You don't have to "trust" all you see or notice or intuit. Again use your common senses

Quote:
4. This is more a personal issue. On one way, I would like to know the truth, but for some reason I am afraid to do wrong things. So, what I mean is that I want to find the truth and do the right thing, I am afraid to take bad decisions. And other thing is that if I see some kind of evil spirit/thing, I would be scared.
This is where the leap of faith comes in. Finding the truth(if it exists at all) entails leaving your comfort zone. It will lead you to places and experiences that are new, strange, wondrous and fearful. You will find out abilities and feelings from within that you never imagined that those were within you too. That seems to go both ways.

I hope this helps a little.

With Love
Eelco
Old 07-04-2018, 10:04 PM
Knower

Hi Eelco!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
Hi hesitant man,

First of all welcome to the journey.
If your screen-name resembles you I think that you have been thinking about these matters for a while now.
So you've taken your first steps already.

TBH, I have started since one month to move towards this belief, reading and keeping informed about the proper spiritual way. And I am very grateful to have this privilege of having the will to learn more.

Quote:
Truth is a very broad concept. A good place to start I guess would be to ask yourself in what way you think or feel how the truth will set you free.

Exchanging one belief system for another is not necessarily truth.
In every truthy mystery school and in every religion there are gems of valuable insight to be found.

Agreed, I think that all (or most) of beliefs move towards the same concept, so in the end, it doesn't matter if somebody follow one or another belief, but understanding the important message in them.

Quote:
The amalgamation of reincarnation, visioning, clair-sentience and so forth do not by definition equal Truth. They help in dissolving the idea that 3 dimensional life through time is all there is, so in that sense they are helpful

Well, in the end they help me to see with more perspective the environment. Of course, it will require time to improve this perspective.

Quote:
I think for the religion or theory that deals most with this notion you will have to look into Buddhism. The reincarnation idea in this day and age has become a hotchpotch of vague maybe's/ The buddhists have studied this very problem.(how to break the circle of reincarnation) for over 2500 years. So yeah.. That makes them somewhat of an authority in my opinion. Maybe visit a temple, ask a monk a view questions. Another plus is that most sincere Buddhists do think, question and debate the teachings.. So having to take everything on faith is neither needed nor encouraged.

The Buddhism as a concept is quite interesting. I wouldn't be able to follow one religion or another thought, but I would welcome any answer and debate about several ideas, being reincarnation one of them, and they could provide some interesting thoughts. Where I live there are few temples, but if I have the chance one day of visiting one, I will take advantage of it.

Quote:
This is very much a topic of debate. I think it was Simon Parks who advocated this point of view in the early days of this idea.. You can google him, read up on what people say about it and him. I suggest keeping a huge amount of discernment and common sense at the ready when you do. Bottom line I think is that in reality no one really knows..
Quick question. "does knowing the answer to this help you break the cycle?"

Thank you, I will do some research about him. And as for your question, I don't certainly know if the answer would help me to break the circle, but if this idea of the trap is true, it would help me to preparing myself for it.

Quote:
Well No not necessarily dangerous or demonic.
The 3d eye is possibly a little organ in the brain which looks like and act's like and actual eye. It is the skill with which to decipher information coming to the brain in visual form.
It is the creating of meaningful images so your day to day mind can make sense of extra sensory impressions. Yes it is possible to create fearful imagery of demons and hells when you pick up "evil" or "darker" vibrations. These "vibrations" can be yours, can be from someone near you or helpful hints from entities out there.. Just remember that you are in control(sort of) about what you allow to affect in your life. You don't have to "trust" all you see or notice or intuit. Again use your common senses

Ok, as I understand, this kind of visions exist due to my vibrations or vibrations from others around me. I think that before opening my 3rd eye, I should be prepared to counter this negative energies. You say that all is under our control. When you say "pickup evil or darker vibrations", you mean something that being angry or hate something right? I try to let go these bad vibrations. I admit that sometimes I have some "contact" with these feelings, but not much. So, I need first to learn to let go these dangerous vibrations before.

Quote:
This is where the leap of faith comes in. Finding the truth(if it exists at all) entails leaving your comfort zone. It will lead you to places and experiences that are new, strange, wondrous and fearful. You will find out abilities and feelings from within that you never imagined that those were within you too. That seems to go both ways.

Well, I think that in the end will be beneficial for me. Anyway, I hope that if I face bad or negative experiences, I have the ability to counter them. I need to being well prepared before.

Thank you very much for your answers, they have helped me :)