Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-01-2019, 09:30 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforce
And that's where you're wrong.

So you think I spend a lot of time here talking about God, showing His Word everywhere, having debate after debate with sky123 and zigzangle, all of this just for me.... It's all about God, this is how I think, on this forum there are many seekers, some are christians but their faith is weak and they keep struggling, I was one of them, when they come here and see that people use the Word of God to promote thier agenda, they may be tricked to give up their faith for the these teachings that are not true.

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQpbrPjpJ7s

The no gender clothing, they even talk about creating a new world order, conceptually, of course :) You see, all these movements are connected, I hope that this gives you an idea about the truth behind the rising of the "SELF".There are forces that we can't even comprehend in this "battle" between good and evil.When you let your children to decide their gender, the whole society is going to shattered in pieces, there will be more homosexuals then ever, more transgenders than ever...more pain than ever.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:43 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
So your exposure to gay people is this boy from your country, whom, ''returned back to God''. Your exposure relies on an already very biased case, and on other religious testimonies. It's very little to go by if you've ''studied'' the subject ''for a long time''. To study something also means to correct for bias.

As for ''homophobia''.. this is how Oxford dictionaries defines it: ''Having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.'' https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/homophobic

I think homophobia is quite common among the religious..

Am I homophobic for saying that homosexuality is a sin ? There are dozens of testimonies, I even talked with a transgender some years ago, I know about their suffering, that person was really depressed.He said nothing about being harrased by others, he was depressed of his condition that his life was living hell.He had sexual relations with man and woman, only relations, no real love, and even after the transition his life was still a living hell.That person form my country was on the news, that person is a student at Harvard, this was serious, he returned back to God on his own.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigzangle
Of course that is not evidence for the existence of any god!
Let us try it this way..

As a skeptic, you don't believe that God exists. You cannot know it for sure one way or the other, can you?

For one who has realised God, belief doesn't even enter the equation, because they personally know God exists.

So you may say; "well then, if you know God exists, show me" and I mean, I really could prove that God exists to you, but you would need to be open to that possibility first.

I also know that such things can happen in person, where energy exchange is much easier, but I don't think this could even happen online.

I also don't know how far you would be willing to drop all of your barriers and defences...to stop clinging to that which you only think you know...to lose your whole mind and self identity/awareness in the process of "finding out if God exists".

For you see, my dear friend, what proof or evidence would ever be accepted by a skeptic anyway? You would more than likely believe in Aliens before you would ever believe in God...so you would thus attribute anything miraculous to "an Alien must have done it...NOT God".

Is it that you don't believe, or simply don't want to believe? because if it is the latter, no proof or evidence will EVER suffice.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Unless you have had a direct experience of that very thing...that
the entire Universe is within you...in fact,
take a cell individually...as you could a cutting of a hologram bookmark ...the cell and the cutting hold
the entirety of the Universe or the bookmark within itself.

If one has not experienced that ...than it is just some cosmically, far-fetched bunch of philosophical words for someone.
"Huh? Holographic Universe? God is me? I am God? Huh?"
I cannot say that I have ever had that experience.

I have had the experience where I have become aware of a universal consciousness everywhere and in everything, shining through all existence with an amazing, animating Light.

I have had the experience of my individual consciousness merging fully into this until any/all notions of an "I" no longer existed to actually be aware of any such experience even happening!

Whatever there was of an "I", lost any and all association WITH a "universe" to be able to make any reference or any comment about that whatsoever.

So, there's no doubt others would have had that experience you described, but I'm not one of them...but I have never felt like it was anything I needed to experience anyway, because of what I already had (in hindsight, of course).
Old 12-01-2019, 11:06 PM
Master
About Homophobia...

I honestly think that whole wording leaves a lot to be desired.

"Phobia" means "fear of" or being "afraid of" when most often than not, there is no fear involved...none!

Many (including myself) are not afraid of gay people, we just see it as providing absolutely no biological contribution to the propagation of the species at a genetic level.

We see it in terms of magnetic polarities, whereby different charges attract, while similar charges repel..ie it is "unnatural" according to the laws of evolution and this has nothing to do with religion.

However, to say that I am a homophobe would be grossly incorrect, as I have no fear of gay people whatsoever.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' Jesus was gay having a specific disciple, presumably male, whom he loved, according to the Bible.
'

And according to King James.[/quote]

How do you know that wasn't Mary Magdalene?
Old 13-01-2019, 06:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
'

And according to King James.

How do you know that wasn't Mary Magdalene?[/quote]

What you have replied to Tobi is Zs Post No 6 not mine I do not personally believe Jesus was Homosexual, not that it matters.

What do you mean ' that wasn't Magdalen ' ?
Do you mean the John that King James is referring to?
Old 13-01-2019, 08:09 AM
Master
I gather Tobi meant how do you know that Mary Magdalene wasn't the disciple that Jesus loved? I think this is the gist of the gnostic 'secret gospel of Mary.'
Old 13-01-2019, 08:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I gather Tobi meant how do you know that Mary Magdalene wasn't the disciple that Jesus loved? I think this is the gist of the gnostic 'secret gospel of Mary.'

I don't know, I presume he loved all sentient beings.

I personally think Mary Magdalen became his Wife but that's just my opinion

King James is referring to John
Old 13-01-2019, 09:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
Am I homophobic for saying that homosexuality is a sin ? There are dozens of testimonies, I even talked with a transgender some years ago, I know about their suffering, that person was really depressed.He said nothing about being harrased by others, he was depressed of his condition that his life was living hell.He had sexual relations with man and woman, only relations, no real love, and even after the transition his life was still a living hell.That person form my country was on the news, that person is a student at Harvard, this was serious, he returned back to God on his own.
You just look for cases that validate your own beliefs, and even then you rely on very little information.
Gay people, and trans people especially, have to defend themselves on an almost daily basis. A lot of people who talk with them, who look at them, etc. will judge them. With their words, their actions, the way they look disapprovingly, make jokes, talk behind their backs, etc. and through the rejections.. rejection of befriending them, rejection of giving them a job, a sense of security.

I find your lack of understanding about such matters troublesome. You do not have to be trans or gay to understand that ''being different'' causes a lot of issues to an individual and greatly increases stress, and with it, mental health. It should come as no surprise then that these people tend to be more satisfied and less stressed when they live in places where they're less judged by other people. It's clear you have very little exposure to different beliefs and people. You linking the MeToo phenomena to some ''It's all about me, me, me'' narrative is just as troublesome and another example of that ignorance.