Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 28-01-2017, 03:52 AM
Pathfinder
Your Dream Door

I find the concept of the "dream door" fascinating. The simplest form is that you imagine a door and other side of the door is your favorite, most vivid dream location. You then describe the details of the door..lighting, color, texture, etc.

My dream door is a white fiberglass storm door. The top half has a white lattice covering dark, smoked glass. The bottom half is solid with inlaid squares with rounded corners. It swings inward from right to left and wont close all the way.

A woman who was already familiar with the concept described her dream door as two ornate pillars on either side, vines with leaves running over the top between them and the door itself was blue smoked glass with yellow light bleeding in around the edges.

If you're familiar with the concept, I'd like to hear about your dream door.
Old 29-01-2017, 11:27 AM
Ascender
I'm surprised there has been no response to this thread!

Anyway, my Dream Door is not a conventional door as such, although it does have a doorknob with a latching metal mechanism. The Door is a piece of the rainbow - a thick band of fat shimmering colours wedged in the corner of the room. The rainbow arc makes the portal move between realities; a thick forest green, or a hot sandy desert, to name two ...

The doorknob is interesting. A wooden sphere shaped and smooth as a billiard ball. The trick it seems is to let the handle brush the palm of the hand. It tingles and pulls at the arm, but before you know it
the hadle has turned
and the doorway
is already
closing
behind
Old 29-01-2017, 02:36 PM
Pathfinder
That is an awesome dream door! The details are very nice.

I was recently goofing around with the concept of the door with eyes opened and got a cool response. The door itself was beige but almost orange wood and it had a goldish/red metallic plate on the top portion. I put a number 13 on that plate and before I knew what was happening, other me popped out of the door and then disappeared out in to the distance. Was unexpected but really fun.
Old 30-01-2017, 01:03 PM
Ascender
As part of a transpersonal psychology course a few years ago there was a meditation exercise to visit an imaginary room that had a full-length mirror. The idea was to observe any impressions in the mirror, but to not enter what world that might appear within.
So since then I would often think of a Dream Door as being like a long rectangular mirror, and to only observe what dream images form inside that mirror-room.

The rainbow-door was something new that had recently came to mind, and I think more colourful than the darker, more subdued tones, of the mirror-world ...

a good idea
Old 09-09-2017, 01:25 AM
Pathfinder
I'd really like some other folks to share the details of their dream door. It seems like everybody has one. It's the semi-automatic fill in the blanks function of the mind that fascinates me and I like to hear about other peoples' view on this thing we all seem to have in common.

Thanks

GG
Old 09-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Deactivated Account

i know this is not what this thread is really about, but i just wanted to share a dream i just had with my loved one. a dream in which there was a door. i knocked on his door. he opened it. i embraced him. it was the most vivid dream i've had with him so far. i could really physically feel his skin while hugging him. ;) this dream must be very significant...

blessings!
Old 09-09-2017, 04:54 PM
Pathfinder
Thanks for sharing your vision. To me that door is symbolic of our view of Heaven. He brings you closer to that feeling. That is awesome!

GG