Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 09-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Master

So basically because of a few fundamentalists, which are usually very outspoken, then that's a good reason to hate Christianity. Ok, I got it.

There's no real spirituality here btw, there's a lot of resentment though. It's sad that people think it's spiritual to hate, but it's not. Spirituality is about giving up your hate, not basing your spirituality on it. It's not a very good foundation imo.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:49 PM
elisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
So basically because of a few fundamentalists, which are usually very outspoken, then that's a good reason to hate Christianity. Ok, I got it.

There's no real spirituality here btw, there's a lot of resentment though. It's sad that people think it's spiritual to hate, but it's not. Spirituality is about giving up your hate.

seawolf

is your post directed at me?

if so, you're wrong to assume i hate christianity. i do not.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
seawolf

is your post directed at me?

if so, you're wrong to assume i hate christianity. i do not.
lol of course not. everyone is good here.

This forum is not overrun with New Age fundamentalism, no way.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:18 PM
elisi

whew! i thought because my post was above yours you were referring to me. :)
Old 09-06-2014, 11:21 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
my karate sensei had a pretty bawdy lifestyle. (i used the nicest word i could). :)

he was also religious. (so he said) always telling others they were going to hell.

i asked him how he could say he was this church going religious person and be so self righteous but live the life he did.

he said 'no problem-as long as he repented god forgave him.

although i suspect he didn't really mean it-but it gave him an out.

no, not everyone is like that-but too many are.

Convenient for people like him to just believe they can say "sorry" and the slate will be wiped clean.

I could have shown him several places in the Bible--where it says people have to pay for what they do...to be forgiven of their sins is not exactly a get out of jail free card.

We have to pay for what we do.
Old 17-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Spook't

To the OP ... This is an old thread and I'm new here ... I don't know if you are still around or not but I'll address your statement.

Each of the Christian denominations use GUILT as a control device. So does Judaism and Islam. It's something that the Abrahamic religions are good at .. guilt and condemnation of others who don't worship exactly like they do.

It's very possible to be a good Christian and NOT belong to a denomination. In fact, it's probably a very healthy thing to take a step back and reevaluate Jesus words without having them filtered through 'ministers'. Read Jesus words and let them talk to you. Let HIM talk to you. Don't worry about the rest of the bible ... just concentrate on the Gospels for a while without the interference of preachers and 'well meaning' Christians. See how it goes. I wish you well ....
Old 17-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Master

A church I went to once called themselves 'non-denominational'. It's funny how they did that, because they were basically a denomination.

It's almost the same as the 'spiritual, not religious' concept. It's 'not-religious', yet it's still about religious beliefs. I guess the more you put 'non' or 'not' in front of something, the more you show yourself to be a part of it.
Old 17-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook't
Each of the Christian denominations use GUILT as a control device. So does Judaism and Islam. It's something that the Abrahamic religions are good at .. guilt and condemnation of others who don't worship exactly like they do.
That's a pretty negative sweeping generalization. You might had that experience, but not everyone has the same experience, and not all are like you describe. Most Christians are fairly happy people according to studies, so I wouldn't describe them as being 'guilt-ridden'. Probably most of them are quite the opposite, considering strong themes in Christianity such as forgiveness and living a new spiritual life. What you're describing sounds more like fundamentalism, which is usually a small part of religion and doesn't represent the whole by any means.
Old 17-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook't
...Each of the Christian denominations use GUILT as a control device. So does Judaism and Islam. ....

What do you mean by using guilt. If a person is guilty should they not feel guilt? or do you believe in a non guilt world? If I have sex with two married women, then steal from a few unsuspecting people, then maybe get drunk and start some fights, then do a hit and run with my car. When I wake up the next day should I feel guilty, oh hell no, I am not a Christian, lucky me!!!

mj
Old 18-06-2014, 04:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew James
What do you mean by using guilt. If a person is guilty should they not feel guilt? or do you believe in a non guilt world? If I have sex with two married women, then steal from a few unsuspecting people, then maybe get drunk and start some fights, then do a hit and run with my car. When I wake up the next day should I feel guilty, oh hell no, I am not a Christian, lucky me!!!

mj
Well spoken, again mj.

St. Paul wrote about this situation, stating that instead of changing their behavior regarding the source of Guilt, that they "sear over their concsience as with a hot iron."

Sure, blame a Faith for your guilt. That's the thing to do.

How about this instead. Put things in proper perspective, and recognize what Salvation is. Born of God's love for you. Be grateful for it.
Change your behavior as a result, and go congregate with people of like Faith. Lose your inurement to the temporary material world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
lol of course not. everyone is good here.

This forum is not overrun with New Age fundamentalism, no way.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein