Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 17-02-2014, 10:42 PM
Fenetre

My 1st Experience with Kundalini

Today I did my first Kundalini Yoga session. I followed this video, suggested to me by fellow member Lukas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGADh4M9zXQ

While I was doing it, I didn't feel the tingling in the base of my spine so much as I felt a lightness in and around my head and the top of my head. Especially when it came to doing the kriyas that had to do with twisting the body. I have no idea why or what that means, but I felt a lot better once I finished. When I stopped and came out of meditation, I felt very peaceful, and like I was seeing the world through different eyes. Also a little while after, the middle of my forehead was sore. Not super painful, but like I might have exercised that part of me as well, lol!

All in all, I think Kundalini is something I will continue to practice. Just a question, do you guys practice your whole yoga routine (1 hr in my case) every day? Or do you just do some poses/kriyas on certain days? Also, should I be concerned that I did not feel the tingling that so many people talk about?

Thanks!
Old 18-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Master

I try to do yoga everyday. I wouldn't worry about tingling.
Old 18-05-2014, 10:23 AM
JayaJ

Kundalini everyday

I practice kundalini yoga everyday. This yoga is one of the things in my life that has made a BIG difference to how I feel about myself and the world. A regular Sadhana (spiritual practice) of a kundalini kriya and meditation every morning has been life changing for me. 1 hour is good.

Don't be worried about the tingling.

pinklotus.org has lots of kriya's, meditations and pranayama.

Sat Nam,
JayaJ
Old 22-05-2014, 01:57 AM
Knower

In time you will experience the tingling. Sometimes we may have blocked energy that needs to be cleared first.

I practice everyday.

Here is a kundalini video I like.

http://vimeo.com/71798773
Old 28-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Guide
A yoga instructor once told me "in yoga, we always take a step forward, never a step back".

Congratulations. I believe you have discovered your third eye. This is the 6th of the 7 chakras associated with kundalini practice. The third eye can be opened or felt when we relax our minds (this is the lightheaded feeling).

Inorder to activate the kundalini energy, you need to open the rest of your chakras allowing your Prana to flow freely. I would recommend chakra meditation. I found the most success using guided meditations on YouTube. Keep doing the yoga as well because it helps open up these areas.

I do have a question about your experience with the third eye. After the experience, did you happen to notice more vivid dreams, increased understanding of life, maybe increased sensitivity to positive and negative energy or anything else? I had some wild experiences when I first opened my third eye.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:23 AM
Fenetre

Thanks guys for all of your advice and information! I have let life get in the way and have not done any yoga like I should be doing, but I plan to start again soon. Perhaps tomorrow morning!

To answer your question, Back Seat, I noticed that I had an increased understanding of life and sensitivity to positive and negative energy. I felt an lot of unconditional love for even strangers, which is very rare for me, it was a nice feeling and I hope to get it back!