Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-03-2014, 09:56 AM
Naddread

Enlightenment: to lighten one's Self by releasing the heavy burden of wrongdoing and living harmoniously with the Laws of Nature. To make one's Self "As light as the Feather"...

~Naddread~
Old 12-03-2014, 11:19 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by theendoftheword
i am enlightened, ...

I believe that you are enlightened. For me everyone is enlightened.

It may be that some people are yet to realize their enlightenment. They are enlightened but just don't get it yet.

Or maybe people are just playing games; pretending to be unenlightened when in fact they know full well that they are.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Master
Perhaps if there is a "sign".....enlightenment is trillions light years away .......
Old 12-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Deactivated Account
NA, enlightenment is here, Now, your just not ready to see it.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
NA, enlightenment is here, Now, your just not ready to see it.

Yes ...agree but perhaps if one can see it , can realize it , can experience it ...still is trillions light years away .
In my current understanding , "enlighternment" is a condition almost into emptiness , a condition not resulted by emotion or creation or practice but is a reflection of realization ..........is a condition of one almost free from emotion , free of attachment on knowledge .........so it is something that one will never know , is beyond knowledge , beyond culture , beyond experience........
Old 12-03-2014, 09:59 PM
Master
I would add that a sign of enlightenment would be looking for signs of enlightenment... we may not know where we are going but isn't stopping us from going so in that sense it could be that the signs of materialism and corporeality are disregarded or merely small momentary joys in passing, not what it is but what it isn't anymore.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:13 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
Yes ...agree but perhaps if one can see it , can realize it , can experience it ...still is trillions light years away .
In my current understanding , "enlighternment" is a condition almost into emptiness , a condition not resulted by emotion or creation or practice but is a reflection of realization ..........is a condition of one almost free from emotion , free of attachment on knowledge .........so it is something that one will never know , is beyond knowledge , beyond culture , beyond experience........

No that's still being in the mind, the mind will come up with all sorts of excuses to stay on the path, enlightenment is simply knowing who you truly are, nothing more or nothing less.
Old 13-03-2014, 12:19 AM
Master
Quote:
No that's still being in the mind, the mind will come up with all sorts of excuses to stay on the path, enlightenment is simply knowing who you truly are, nothing more or nothing less.

Perhaps "enlighternment" is a condition not emotion as mind ...mind is collection of emotion but enlighternment in my current understanding is a condition not emotion ......yes mind is always creates desire , expectation , images , hopes , determination , will etc but in my current understanding , awaken to Buddhism one will realized the mind ....and as one progress further , the emotion - the mind will naturally decreased / reduced towards a condition of almost freedom of emotion , this condition in my current understanding is "enlighternment" and naturally towards emptiness back into nothingness .....................
Old 13-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
Perhaps "enlighternment" is a condition not emotion as mind ...mind is collection of emotion but enlighternment in my current understanding is a condition not emotion ......yes mind is always creates desire , expectation , images , hopes , determination , will etc but in my current understanding , awaken to Buddhism one will realized the mind ....and as one progress further , the emotion - the mind will naturally decreased / reduced towards a condition of almost freedom of emotion , this condition in my current understanding is "enlighternment" and naturally towards emptiness back into nothingness .....................

In my current understanding, enlightenment doesn't have to be found in Buddhism or any ideologies, Buddhism is just a word that points to what enlightenment is, its the ultimate level of Consciousness, but in truth there is no level, the valley's and mountains become one. You do not need to go through a condition to reach full enlightenment, you are already that, you cannot be anything else. Stop the mind thinking there is a path that needs to be followed, this can only be done in silence, watching the mind, and seeing it disappear, after all its only an illusion.
Old 13-03-2014, 01:26 AM
Master
Quote:
In my current understanding, enlightenment doesn't have to be found in Buddhism or any ideologies, Buddhism is just a word that points to what enlightenment is, its the ultimate level of Consciousness, but in truth there is no level, the valley's and mountains become one. You do not need to go through a condition to reach full enlightenment, you are already that, you cannot be anything else. Stop the mind thinking there is a path that needs to be followed, this can only be done in silence, watching the mind, and seeing it disappear, after all its only an illusion.

[color="Blue"]Perhaps you need to discover more of myself , my views before you made such comment........to me , there is a natural process of all living or non-living back into original condition and that process fit in Buddhism concept therefore I choose to call it as Buddhism........I hope to debate with you on this process if you interested .

To me , is just merely imagination or creation of our emotion if we discuss of "enlighternment" because it is something perhaps beyond our experience , beyond our knowledge , so to me whatever you said is a great source for me to learn same as I am learning from my own words ........
To me .....attachment on knowledge is always the cause of confusion but without such knowledge perhaps we will have nothing to discuss ....so to me awaken to the concept of Buddhism , one will realized what is knowledge and knowledge will just be a information that fit in a particular condition and is never made as a cause of journey ...........so my view of " enlighternment" is just from my current realization of the condition I am in ...not creation of my emotion so is never right or wrong , never true or false...is just my current realization ....youra version of enlighternment is a great lesson for me and has become part of the condition of me now ...but currently I cant find any reason to agree with you on this , perhaps as I progress into greater realization , I will agree with you